Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

206 install trouble

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by boultz, Aug 25, 2004.

1. boultz

boultz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    having trouble with my 206 and sony stereo.

stereo going in is sony xr - ca430x wiring seemed easy enough took straght out of factory fit stereo and put into back of sony. (same connectors unless i'm stupid)

when the volume is turned up on the sony past around half way the power cuts stereo turns off and then back on.... is there some kind of limiter on the 206 that i need to bypass really want this in as have got all the other wiring done i.e. 6x9 and cd changer now want to get my sub and amp in???
    any help please :mad:

2. DaveA

DaveA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could be you got the main power and switched power cables the wrong way round. Check em with a multimeter. Had this issue myself when moving a HU from a Pug to an Audi.

It should be easy to switch them if necessary by using a small screwdriver to release the metal blades from the plug and swopping their positions.

Good luck.

Sony seem quite good at changing round their cables.

3. boultz

boultz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    had the cbles tested with a meter but may aswell try it n e way.... have also been told that it might be factory speackers giving to much feedback could this cause a problem?

4. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    If the switch and permenant were reversed it would result in the loss of stored settings when powering off.
    It sounds like a protection device is being activated on the Sony, can you try it with different speakers, on the front channels first then on the rear. Also check for a short on the speaker wireing.