DrJake

Novice Member
As the title suggests, I am looking for a 2021 One Connect Cable longer than 5m for my QN95A.

2.5m comes in the box. I also purchased the 5m separately, but that was half a metre short.

I then asked the question if the 2020 10m One Connect will work in this 2021 QN95A on the Samsung Forums, where I got no reply, so went ahead and purchased the 2020 10 metre cable at £499 (here) to test on my 2021 QN95A, and despite my optimism, it did not work.

So, I now know the 2020 10m cable will not work on 2021 TV's.

I am now 'desperate' in finding a solution, so wondering if anybody has any guidance on this, so I can get it mounted on the wall?

I should mention, the 2020 cable and 2021 cable connectors look identical when looking at them physically. They also fit into their respective ports. I wonder if it's something software level that is blocking them from working. The 202 cable box does advertise it can support up to 8K and has 40GBps bandwidth - same as 2021 cable.

Just to re-cap, I've already purchased the 2021 5m cable, but that isn't long enough for the run while the 2020 10m cable did not work at all on the QN95A.

Last edited:

depot

Removed my original post, just looked on the Korean Samsung website, they don’t list your tv model as compatible with any of the 10m or 15m cables available. ( I originally suggested the 2021 frame tv 15m cable)

Last edited:

DrJake

Novice Member
The frame 2021 has a 15m cable available, would it be worth buying one from somewhere you can return it ?

I have tried looking into this, but struggling to find stock in well known UK retailers. The likes of Richer Sounds, Box etc have it listed on their site, but as out of stock.

Samsung UK do not seem to be selling it directly either.

depot

Our posts crossed lol , I’d just edited my post before seeing your reply, according to the Korean Samsung site, the frame cable won’t work.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom