2021 OLED Discussion (LG/Panasonic/Sony etc.)

I know. But the video title claims that it's a comparison of 2021 models
OK mate , still think us Europeans already have the GZ/HZ 2000 to compare with regardless it's a 2020 tv it's something which across the pond they do not.

right please do not shoot the messenger, as we have had false dawns before....just got off the phone with JOhn Lewis....the A90J are 100% in stock (her words not mine) i will receive a call in the next few days for delivery. also they are now offering 0% interest over 18 months on this product (and probably more) which has only just appeared so likely to be true about the stock
Hope you get a good panel and look forward to your opinion.

Hope you get a good panel and look forward to your opinion.
I'm sure I remember you from way back the plasma ST and ZT threads ...I think you watched alot of footy and was having issues with banding and motion and had trouble finding a good set..was that you @clydebest ???
I really do hope we all get decent sets here..I hate playing the panel lottery.

I'm sure I remember you from way back the plasma ST and ZT threads ...I think you watched alot of footy and was having issues with banding and motion and had trouble finding a good set..was that you @clydebest ???
I really do hope we all get decent sets here..I hate playing the panel lottery.
It was mate , yep banding on the footy meant numerous returns, my more recent OLEDS have been band free, so there are more decent panels nowadays, or I have been lucky to get some... The A90J looks to be the tv to get this year , i look forward to your thoughts.

Conclusion (translated with Google Translate using intro text from poster under YouTube film):

The fight has been hard, because they are very balanced, below I will summarize the pros and cons of the 3

PANASONIC
The good:
-Cinema image
-Maximum brightness
-Little ABL

The bad:
-No HDMI 2.1
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------
SONY
The good:
-Realistic image and color
-Motion processor
-Complete operating system does not lack anything

The bad:
-He could have shone a bit more and improved his ABL

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------
LG
The good:
-As always TV that goes for everything
-General image quality
-VRR game modes etc

The bad:
EVO panel represents almost no evolution and should improve ABL

So the 2021 LG and Sony don't beat the 2020 Panasonic?

I haven't actually bought anything Sony since I had horrendous vertical banding on an old 40KDL2000U and had a horrible time trying to get the panel replaced by the retailer. Had it taken away and bought back with absolutely no change at all. Drove me nuts watching grass field sport, as to me and all my mates it was glaringly obvious, but for some reason when taken back to their workshop, they couldn't see an issue. o_O

Only coming back to Sony now due to this A90J, so hoping the relationship is fixed as a result of this latest TV. Although I have more faith in JL than I do with the retailer I bought that Sony from, who were some small online cowboy outfit who I don't believe exist anymore.

OK mate , still think us Europeans already have the GZ/HZ 2000 to compare with regardless it's a 2020 tv it's something which across the pond they do not.
:eek:

I haven't actually bought anything Sony since I had horrendous vertical banding on an old 40KDL2000U and had a horrible time trying to get the panel replaced by the retailer. Had it taken away and bought back with absolutely no change at all. Drove me nuts watching grass field sport, as to me and all my mates it was glaringly obvious, but for some reason when taken back to their workshop, they couldn't see an issue. o_O

Only coming back to Sony now due to this A90J, so hoping the relationship is fixed as a result of this latest TV. Although I have more faith in JL than I do with the retailer I bought that Sony from, who were some small online cowboy outfit who I don't believe exist anymore.
I also watch a lot of Football and owned a AF9 for 18 months , no banding.

Again look forward to your thoughts on the A90J and hope you get a lovely uniformed panel.

I would wait for how Philips 806 comes out in summer. It has all HDMI 2.1 issues fixed with new mediatek chip and full 48Gbit/s and supports all HDR material. In addition even last year model has higher peak nits than A90J this year.

I would wait for how Philips 806 comes out in summer. It has all HDMI 2.1 issues fixed with new mediatek chip and full 48Gbit/s and supports all HDR material. In addition even last year model has higher peak nits than A90J this year.
Does that tv max out at 65" though?

Ah yes
@Raitziger flatpanels only list it as having 2 x hdmi 2.1 though.. what mediatek soc is it they use?

C3A6A2BA-C9F9-46AC-94EC-6B0559449164.jpeg

Some of these findings don't match up with other reviewers thoughts...he kept mentioning aggressive abl and dim screen? The TV doesn't get very bright :laugh:

Last edited:
Some of these findings don't match up with other reviewers thoughts...he kept mentioning aggressive abl and dim screen? The TV doesn't get very bright :laugh:

Strange
From every owner on avs and some other reviews all rave how bright it is and how much improved the abl is o_O

Strange
From every owner on avs and some other reviews all rave how bright it is and how much improved the abl is o_O
Seen this a couple of weeks ago , the least glowing in its praise of A90J up till now.

What tv is top of the clydebest list now?

for me its going to be a a80j 77 or a a90j 83 :blush:
Defo, not an 83 inch , yep an A80J 77 INCH, C1 77 inch, A90J 65inch, all will be around BF before i buy, happy with the 2000 during the Summer, Bright it does very well ... pick the bones out of that list.:D

77" A80J is available for pre-order at SSAV showing availability late April so shouldn't be too long before they are in people's hands and we see some proper reviews.

For me it's between the 77A80J and the 77" Philips 806 but I'm leaning towards the Sony, I'd at least like to see the price of the Philips though before putting an order in for an A80J so I can see if it's worth waiting for.

77" A80J is available for pre-order at SSAV showing availability late April so shouldn't be too long before they are in people's hands and we see some proper reviews.

For me it's between the 77A80J and the 77" Philips 806 but I'm leaning towards the Sony, I'd at least like to see the price of the Philips though before putting an order in for an A80J so I can see if it's worth waiting for.
where is ssav mate?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom