2021 OLED Discussion (LG/Panasonic/Sony etc.)

Yet it still scored higher than its closest competitor oleds on there own ratings system.
Which bearing in mind it's a 2021 panel, should be expected. As above, It sounds like an excellent TV, just maybe not as bright as some have expected.

Which bearing in mind it's a 2021 panel, should be expected. As above, It sounds like an excellent TV, just maybe not as bright as some have expected.
It's just an opinion, loads have said it's the brightest oled along with the pannys they have seen

I will reserve judgement until I see the unicorn in the flesh 😄

It's just an opinion, loads have said it's the brightest oled along with the pannys they have seen

I will reserve judgement until I see the unicorn in the flesh
Very wise.

Had to collect from stuff from Argos and on the way popped into my local Currys (its a big store -in Lakeside) and guess what, zero 2021 models.

Had to collect from stuff from Argos and on the way popped into my local Currys (its a big store -in Lakeside) and guess what, zero 2021 models.
Being fair to Currys (not my usual preference), has anyone got any?

Being fair to Currys (not my usual preference), has anyone got any?
JL doesn't have any near me... but then again A90J sightings in the uk are rarer than an honest politician.

Talking of reviews that masked quantum fella has it in for Sony he says there all rubbish and all the other reviewers are corrupt saying there good ( and the motion is the worst he's seen...quite funny. I don't follow him or like his reviews yet he keeps popping up on my timeline so he must be getting the hits with his bad attitude towards everything and everyone

Talking of reviews that masked quantum fella has it in for Sony he says there all rubbish and all the other reviewers are corrupt saying there good ( and the motion is the worst he's seen...quite funny. I don't follow him or like his reviews yet he keeps popping up on my timeline so he must be getting the hits with his bad attitude towards everything and everyone
Sounds like just another YT attention seeker looking for 'likes' and 'subscribes' to line his pocket.

It’s a bit early to see 2021 models in the shops. JL would be the best place to find them.

It’s a bit early to see 2021 models in the shops. JL would be the best place to find them.
If I see an A90J in my local JL before one is gracing my home office I'm gonna blow a gasket..!!

That Quantam guy has a terrible reputation over here on the US forums. Pay no attention to him or his opinions.

Thanks for that vid. I am now thoroughly excited again :D

Take that video and even his previous video with some salt though, I don't think he has set up the LGs brightness or Contrast correctly to match the Sonys OLED or maybe needs LG tvs calibrated.
yesway - Copy.jpg

The sony appears washed out, blacks should not be grey or white, whole point of OLEDs is inky blacks not white washed out blacks obviously. The LG gets it accurate with the deep blacks but even then looks like it is off with some setting here.

Wait for Vincent Teoh to show us the properly set up A90j vs C1/CX hopefully soon.

Take that video and even his previous video with some salt though, I don't think he has set up the LGs brightness or Contrast correctly to match the Sonys OLED or maybe needs LG tvs calibrated.View attachment 1496310

The sony appears washed out, blacks should not be grey or white, whole point of OLEDs is inky blacks not white washed out blacks obviously. The LG gets it accurate with the deep blacks but even then looks like it is off with some setting here.

Wait for Vincent Teoh to show us the properly set up A90j vs C1/CX hopefully soon.
In fairness there's no point thinking what you see through a camera, through YouTube is correct in any way...plus god knows how these reviewers have set up each tv under what conditions..far too many variables really..take it all with a pinch of salt.

In fairness there's no point thinking what you see through a camera, through YouTube is correct in any way...plus god knows how these reviewers have set up each tv under what conditions..far too many variables really..take it all with a pinch of salt.
Quantum or whatever he's called , just ignore.. the Installer on the other hand seems a decent comparison tool his C1-CX-A90J in which the latter looks superb.

Quantum or whatever he's called , just ignore.. the Installer on the other hand seems a decent comparison tool his C1-CX-A90J in which the latter looks superb.
I've watched both 'b the installer' and 'Quantity' although b the installer doesn't seam change much settings or play around with the tv. Quantity seam to do so. There one video he dose whear he gets very excited about anime (is it) but I'm waiting for hdtvtest settings for the a90j.

Conclusion (translated with Google Translate using intro text from poster under YouTube film):

The fight has been hard, because they are very balanced, below I will summarize the pros and cons of the 3

PANASONIC
The good:
-Cinema image
-Maximum brightness
-Little ABL

The bad:
-No HDMI 2.1
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------
SONY
The good:
-Realistic image and color
-Motion processor
-Complete operating system does not lack anything

The bad:
-He could have shone a bit more and improved his ABL

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------
LG
The good:
-As always TV that goes for everything
-General image quality
-VRR game modes etc

The bad:
EVO panel represents almost no evolution and should improve ABL

Last edited:

Conclusion (translated with Google Translate using intro text from poster under YouTube film):

The fight has been hard, because they are very balanced, below I will summarize the pros and cons of the 3

PANASONIC
The good:
-Cinema image
-Maximum brightness
-Little ABL

The bad:
-No HDMI 2.1
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------
SONY
The good:
-Realistic image and color
-Motion processor
-Complete operating system does not lack anything

The bad:
-He could have shone a bit more and improved his ABL

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------
LG
The good:
-As always TV that goes for everything
-General image quality
-VRR game modes etc

The bad:
EVO panel represents almost no evolution and should improve ABL

I concur if the 2000 has an aggressive ABL , it's broke on mine :rolleyes:

But the HZ2000 is Panasonic's 2020 flagship. We're waiting for a review of the JZ2000
That will not be happening for a few months , so the HZ2000 is the best compromise.

right please do not shoot the messenger, as we have had false dawns before....just got off the phone with JOhn Lewis....the A90J are 100% in stock (her words not mine) i will receive a call in the next few days for delivery. also they are now offering 0% interest over 18 months on this product (and probably more) which has only just appeared so likely to be true about the stock

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom