2021 OLED Discussion (LG/Panasonic/Sony etc.)

Even motion wise? I'm sure it was only last year I saw a video by Vincent saying they're now about on par motion wise with the last ZT/VT range. He had both to compare. Can't remember which oled he compared to plasma though.

Even motion wise? I'm sure it was only last year I saw a video by Vincent saying they're now about on par motion wise with the last ZT/VT range. He had both to compare. Can't remember which oled he compared to plasma though.
Well if they are on a par motion wise, then bearing in mind they are streets ahead on brightness, colour gamut, resolution, blacks etc then they are definitely well ahead overall.

Nice video once could jump to the conclusion the CX is showing more detail, but he does say his camera was not the best at picking up these details and bias towards one side and that the C1 showed all the same details as the CX just more brighter and bit better, with better blacks.

So tricky to get the right camera and set up when trying to do these Vs Videos !

Hopefully Vincent calibrating his sets and getting them all ready.

I watched that video...Nice set. The new Web OS needs work..looks overcluttered, needs more customisation, and better shortcuts to the content you want, once you start using it.

What's the point of having usb or hdmi ports facing towards the wall. They should be downward firing or at the sides at least for wall mounters.

I watched that video...Nice set. The new Web OS needs work..looks overcluttered, needs more customisation, and better shortcuts to the content you want, once you start using it.

What's the point of having usb or hdmi ports facing towards the wall. They should be downward firing or at the sides at least for wall mounters.
C series have always had hdmi 4 on the back pointing outwards.. stupid IMO.

C series have always had hdmi 4 on the back pointing outwards.. stupid IMO.
I mean even if you didn't want to wallmount it..who wants a big hdmi lead sticking out the back in that way!

Went through 3 different VESA mounts for our LG TV in the Kitchen. Wasn't because the mounts were bad, they were perfectly ok, just the silly way LG positioned their sockets & power inlet, meant I had to chop and change so many in order that I could actually gain access to the sockets..?? Why on earth position them so close, and sometimes actually behind, where the bracket is positioned on the back of the TV... Just nuts!!

Went through 3 different VESA mounts for our LG TV in the Kitchen. Wasn't because the mounts were bad, they were perfectly ok, just the silly way LG positioned their sockets & power inlet, meant I had to chop and change so many in order that I could actually gain access to the sockets..?? Why on earth position them so close, and sometimes actually behind, where the bracket is positioned on the back of the TV... Just nuts!!
Mounts don't get in the way on newer LG oleds.
I have a hdmi 90 degree bend in hdmi 4 of my LG c9.

Mounts don't get in the way on newer LG oleds.
I have a hdmi 90 degree bend in hdmi 4 of my LG c9.
That LG C9 is actually a really solid OLED you have there mate and I believe is only last years 2020 model... What's the primary reasons for the move away from LG to Sony other than going to 83" from your current 65"..? Doesn't that C9 have 4 x HDMI 2.1 ports?

That LG C9 is actually a really solid OLED you have there mate and I believe is only last years 2020 model... What's the primary reasons for the move away from LG to Sony other than going to 83" from your current 65"..? Doesn't that C9 have 4 x HDMI 2.1 ports?
I just want a size upgrade to be honest mate.
thinking I should just get the new c1 77" for 3 grand cheaper than the 83 a90j :rotfl:
or the g1 77 for £2300 cheaper. 🤫

If my c9 was 77" I'd be happy as a pig in sh...

I just want a size upgrade to be honest mate.
thinking I should just get the new c1 77" for 3 grand cheaper than the 83 a90j :rotfl:
or the g1 77 for £2300 cheaper. 🤫

If my c9 was 77" I'd be happy as a pig in sh...
Sounds like you're caught between a few options there then.. size v's price v's quality (based on the reviews)

Decisions decisions hey!!

I don’t know how it was with the old remote,
But with this one you can use the numbers as shortcuts to apps/content instead of opening the home menu

I don’t know how it was with the old remote,
But with this one you can use the numbers as shortcuts to apps/content instead of opening the home menu
Yeah you can do that on both old and new LG remotes :thumbsup:
I have 8 shortcuts set up on my c9 controller :)

I know it’s early days and not many people have got their hands on the new LGs, but I’m surprised not more has been made of the redesigned web os. It looks awful, in my opinion - especially compared to the old one where you could just bring up the row of apps while continuing to watch tv. The new one takes you to a whole screen full of useless clutter and adverts!

Really good comparison on the CX and the C1
Watching this I think I'd buy a CX cant really see much of an improvement on the C1 and if anything the CX looked better IMHO

What does everyone use to clean their screens? Noticed on my old A1 since moving it and it being in more direct sunlight that it has quite a few scratches on it. Don’t want to nail the new one when John Lewis pull their finger out

What does everyone use to clean their screens? Noticed on my old A1 since moving it and it being in more direct sunlight that it has quite a few scratches on it. Don’t want to nail the new one when John Lewis pull their finger out
I have always tried as best possible to avoid cleaning or wiping my TV screens unless the kids have put their dirty mitts on it, which enrages me. Most, if not all, screen cleaners leave some smearing of some sorts if not applied correctly.

I don't think I have ever cleaned my office 49" LG screen in the 6 years I've owned it and it still looks the same from the day I peeled the film off it when bought. (Has always been elevated from reach and slightly tilts downwards on a stand) This is what worries me a little about the A90J's when you hear that they don't come with a screen film on the panel. Nothing worse than smear marks on a screen.

I think finding a real good smear-free screen cleaner used with a good quality microfibre cloth is the only way to go. Just don't ever spray the cleaner directly on the screen itself. Spray on cloth, wipe across marks and then dry it off with the dry side of the microfibre cloth. That's what's given me the best results when I've had to resort to doing it.

Very soft microfibre cloth. No chemicals. Touch of distilled water if required.

I don't think I have ever cleaned my office 49" LG screen in the 6 years I've owned it and it still looks the same from the day I peeled the film off it when bought. (Has always been elevated from reach and slightly tilts downwards on a stand)
:) This is what worked best for us too. We have a 9 year old 42 inch Panasonic plasma TV in our bedroom that is wall mounted and tilted forward a bit. The tilt makes that the dust cannot attach to the screen and the height makes that is is highly unlikely the screen gets touched by anything.

For the Sony in our living room we have tried all kinds of cleaning. At the moment we use this:
1618159094826.png

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom