2021 OLED Discussion (LG/Panasonic/Sony etc.)

Oh man the hype with this one is real :love::D

I got lotr and hobbit 4k DV.. Wife and I started it tonight with lotr 1, after about 10 minutes we both agreed..... lets save them for the new 83" sony :love::D:D:laugh::laugh:

Oh man the hype with this one is real :love::D

I got lotr and hobbit 4k DV.. Wife and I started it tonight with lotr 1, after about 10 minutes we both agreed..... lets save them for the new 83" sony :love::D:D:laugh::laugh:
Jesus, you will be looking like Gandalf by the time the price has come down!:laugh:

I have about 30 days till my return window closes on the CX, I'm thinking C1 and start fresh till I purchase again in 5-6 years.

I have about 30 days till my return window closes on the CX, I'm thinking C1 and start fresh till I purchase again in 5-6 years.

Maybe i will be wrong but feel like exchanging the CX for the C1 will be almost pointless, probably will be very similar in performance but higher price.

Maybe i will be wrong but feel like exchanging the CX for the C1 will be almost pointless, probably will be very similar in performance but higher price.
In comparison from the LG website, the C1 display has whats being called for the picture panel 1.Perfect Black - 2.Intense Color (Wide Color Gamut) - 3.Billion Rich Colors - 4.AI 4K Upscaling and the new webos / magic remote.
Hopefully there's a review soon on the C1, that would definitely help.

In comparison from the LG website, the C1 display has whats being called for the picture panel 1.Perfect Black - 2.Intense Color (Wide Color Gamut) - 3.Billion Rich Colors - 4.AI 4K Upscaling and the new webos / magic remote.
Hopefully there's a review soon on the C1, that would definitely help.
If your planning to keep the tv a good few years, It can't hurt to just wait a few months for the newest model :smashin:
Will get the newest webos 6 and updates for longer of the tvs life, along with a faster gen 4 processor and gaming features if you game.
This years models should also release cheaper as well.

If your planning to keep the tv a good few years, It can't hurt to just wait a few months for the newest model :smashin:
Will get the newest webos 6 and updates for longer of the tvs life, along with a faster gen 4 processor and gaming features if you game.
This years models should also release cheaper as well.
I believe you're right, forgot about the new webos extending the support life on future firmware updates. Thanks

The higher bright OLED models this year, will no doubt be far more expensive than the lower bright models. For 65 inch models, think it could be over £1k more to pay.

The thing is, is that worth it over the 'standard' bright models and how far of a performance leap would you able to notice, given the expected huge price gap between these two sets of models.

When I see people baulking at the thought of dropping £3,500 on a 77" OLED it's really hard not become one of those forum ******s who bangs on about how expensive this stuff used to be!

View attachment 1442266

i paid £4,000 for my 60"panasonic ZT plasma - £3,500 is a steal for a 77 flagship OLED ..its all relative

im seriously thinking about an oled this year...cant stand blooming on LED..and mini LED wont solve blooming either. i think the Sony will knock it out of the park this year

Last edited:
so @ 1.35 to to the pound that’s £5925 ;)

if only!

I don’t see it being more than £8k though. Got a bit space on my tv cabinet waiting

that price doesnt include state tax which varies from state to state

So what do we reckon the price point will be for the 65" C1. Came close to purchasing the same size CX in the sale for £1,799 earlier in the month only to miss out due to a shortage of stock. May have been a blessing now.

Are these new units going to start to be distributed around Apr/May time do we think?

So what do we reckon the price point will be for the 65" C1. Came close to purchasing the same size CX in the sale for £1,799 earlier in the month only to miss out due to a shortage of stock. May have been a blessing now.

Are these new units going to start to be distributed around Apr/May time do we think?
My guess is LG C1 / 65" £2299 - £2499 / 77" £3999 - £4499 / 83" £5299 - £5499

Last edited:

Could well have been a blessing mate.

new alpha9 gen 4 AI processor that come with improvements to motion, up scaling, contrast etc, new plastic remote control, webos6 operating system, maybe newer Mediatek chip

it's a "no brainer" as they say

65CX started at £2799/2899 I think? Not sure I'm ready to be as optimistic as @jmacc but I'm gonna say £2499 starting price for 65C1, which would be £1500 less than 65A90J I'm after.... now that suddenly looks overpriced :rotfl: Just as well I'm waiting for a few price drops :smoke:

so we saying £4,000 at launch for the 65" A90J ??? when do we expect the price drop based on last years drops ....

May for 83 A90J :eek:

what’s the best 77” oled deal on the market at the moment for an impatient git like me?!

Could well have been a blessing mate.

65CX started at £2799/2899 I think? Not sure I'm ready to be as optimistic as @jmacc but I'm gonna say £2499 starting price for 65C1, which would be £1500 less than 65A90J I'm after.... now that suddenly looks overpriced :rotfl: Just as well I'm waiting for a few price drops :smoke:
Yes but the A90J is not a peasant LG C model is it :D
high brightness heat sync hype:love:

so we saying £4,000 at launch for the 65" A90J ??? when do we expect the price drop based on last years drops ....

Not confirmed of course, but $3999 was listed, and US prices are usually 1:1, or lower than UK.. :rolleyes: Again not a master series, but A8H had some drops within a month or two (went down to £2599 I believe from £2899), even the HZ2000 dropped quite quickly, so I don't think you'll have to wait too long for a drop.

May for 83 A90J :eek:

what’s the best 77” oled deal on the market at the moment for an impatient git like me?!

If you've got the room/funds for an 83A90J, I'd honestly do your best to wait, it sounds like it's going to be an immense TV, probably best all-round OLED for 2021, taking into account performance and size.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom