2021 OLED Discussion (LG/Panasonic/Sony etc.)

IL Cattivo

Should have been A9S.
Ahhh.. Didn't recognize the model. Don't think we had Sony TV's under that name in the UK. Think ours were called the 'AG9' , AF9 or just 'A9' , but I guess they all could be classed as the A9Series ;)

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Ahhh.. Didn't recognize the model. Don't think we had Sony TV's under that name in the UK. Think ours were called the 'AG9' , AF9 or just 'A9' , but I guess they all could be classed as the A9Series ;)
A9S is the 2020 48" sony oled

IL Cattivo

Ooo.. Just seen the clever LG marketing web ads trying to target gamers into buying their TV's.

All over this site like a dirty rash... :laugh:

games133

Standard Member
Just some news 9n the a90j. Apparently they aren't in country yet according to sony Carlisle. I've managed to upgrade the headphones to the new 1000m4 version I already have th 1000m3

majorusa

My first OLED, LG OLED55C12LA, my first issue that I cannot resolve by myself. It is my first Oled Tv not my first LG TV. The C1 is connected to a Yamaha RX-V6A with a 2.1 HDMI certified cable that worked with no issues with my previous 2018 LG NANO, the one in the signature. However, the C1 refuses to transmit to the Yamaha any volume or power on-off command. The strange thing is that in input I do have two boxes with HDMI 2.
The settings are: e-arc enabled and the rest in the attached pictures. Simplink is enabled. I tried all sorts of combinations, both on the Yamaha and the C1, the only way in which I have sound is with e-Arc on.
Another interesting thing is that the remote can give commands to the Shield which is directly connected to the Yamaha but not to the Yamaha itself.
I even reinstalled the C1 twice hoping that this will magically solve the issue.
Later edit: So, to recap, the issue is that though the e-ARC is conveying sound to the Yamaha AVR, the C1 does not transmit any other command. This means that when I turn on the TV the AVR remains turned off, if both the TV and AVR are on, there is sound but I cannot modify the volume though the volume icon appears on the screen and shows that is pressed - as it is in one of the attached pictures. Also when I change the input to HDMI 2, where the Yamaha is connected, reverting to the TV means to manually change the input on the Yamaha using its own remote, not the C1, to TV in order to get sound.
Any idea what is going on here? Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_3127.JPEG
    IMG_3127.JPEG
    138.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3126.JPEG
    IMG_3126.JPEG
    330.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3125.JPEG
    IMG_3125.JPEG
    306.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3124.JPEG
    IMG_3124.JPEG
    175.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3128.jpeg
    IMG_3128.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

jmacc

Distinguished Member
My first OLED, LG OLED55C12LA, my first issue that I cannot resolve by myself. It is my first Oled Tv not my first LG TV. The C1 is connected to a Yamaha RX-V6A with a 2.1 HDMI certified cable that worked with no issues with my previous 2018 LG NANO, the one in the signature. However, the C1 refuses to transmit to the Yamaha any volume or power on-off command. The strange thing is that in input I do have two boxes with HDMI 2.
The settings are: e-arc enabled and the rest in the attached pictures. Simplink is enabled. I tried all sorts of combinations, both on the Yamaha and the C1, the only way in which I have sound is with e-Arc on.
Another interesting thing is that the remote can give commands to the Shield which is directly connected to the Yamaha but not to the Yamaha itself.
I even reinstalled the C1 twice hoping that this will magically solve the issue.
Is there an option anywhere in there to turn on simplink / hdmi-cec?

majorusa

majorusa

What's is it your trying to play? Not a dts audio disk is it?
I am trying to play the sound of the TV channels. The issue is not the I do not have sound, is that I cannot control the volume or the on-off cycles of the AVR. It worked without any issue on the previous LG 49 SK8500.

Last edited:

jmacc

Distinguished Member
I am trying to play the sound of the TV channels. The isuue is not the I do not have sound, is that I cannot control the volume nor the on-off cycles of the AVR. It worked without any issue on the previous LG 49 SK8500.
Ah sorry I misunderstood.

-Hitman-

Just some news 9n the a90j. Apparently they aren't in country yet according to sony Carlisle. I've managed to upgrade the headphones to the new 1000m4 version I already have th 1000m3

How did you manage to upgrade the headphones?

Joemcd

Novice Member
Later edit: So, to recap, the issue is that though the e-ARC is conveying sound to the Yamaha AVR, the C1 does not transmit any other command. This means that when I turn on the TV the AVR remains turned off, if both the TV and AVR are on, there is sound but I cannot modify the volume though the volume icon appears on the screen and shows that is pressed - as it is in one of the attached pictures. Also when I change the input to HDMI 2, where the Yamaha is connected, reverting to the TV means to manually change the input on the Yamaha using its own remote, not the C1, to TV in order to get sound.
Interesting. I moved my HS7 soundbar to my new 55C1 today . The TV recognises it as Arc-compatible but the soundbar doesn't play any audio. I'm going to use Optical for a while as I've battled enough today with settings .

Joemcd

Novice Member
It turns out that my old TV (2016 LG) was able to do Arc with the soundbar on both of the soundbar's HDMI sockets but my C1 had to be a specific one. Changed to the other socket I'd not used before and it worked perfectly.

Tjopper

From the reviewer: ".......we would have liked to have the CX or the C1, but unfortunately LG has not sent us any unit, although the differences with respect to the C9 are minimal".

Naafets88

Did you switch on sound bar mode control?

majorusa

Did you switch on sound bar mode control?
Yes. I does not do a thing. I also discovered that the TV does not convey commands to other devices connected directly to it. Like the Apple TV. I cannot use the tv remote to send commands to the Appl,e TV which worked very well in my previous LG.
It looks like the WebOS 6.0 is a hot mess. Nothing works as intended.

sprinta

Yes. I does not do a thing. I also discovered that the TV does not convey commands to other devices connected directly to it. Like the Apple TV. I cannot use the tv remote to send commands to the Appl,e TV which worked very well in my previous LG.
It looks like the WebOS 6.0 is a hot mess. Nothing works as intended.
My understanding is that you will only get sound via the eARC connection any other will require you to used an optical connection. Most soundbars are supplied with a connector to enable you to do this via the hdmi lead.

CaptainJames

i'm wondering how many moution resolution line have 2021 oled, and are they now better for movies than flagship plasma tv
They have been better for several years now.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

BAFTA 2021 awards sees Nomadland as big winner
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung rumoured to be buying OLED TV panels from LG Display
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix signs with Sony for first streaming rights in U.S.
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Pro launches C10 MkII speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom