2021 OLED Discussion (LG/Panasonic/Sony etc.)

Earthscope

I see the EU’s new energy ratings stickers for the A90J is showing as G on JL. Bottom of the list....:laugh:
They can Kiss my a** !!! 😂
I’ll sup up as much energy as I fricken like for some eye dazzling HDR goodness...🤩

From FlatPanelsHD

Your TV is now rated G​

OLED TV? 4K or 8K? LCD TV with zone dimming LED? LCD with edge-lit LED? Pretty much all TV models are now rated worst of the worst, energy class G, by EU.

Last edited:

shep1968

Any recommendations mate? never looked at other stands really

Pre orders come with a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3's as well. Does the Sony have the same panel as the Evo?

Upgrading from a Sony A1 so want the new panel, C1 doesn't have it as far as I'm aware
I've got a stand by invision. Very happy with it.

fluxedman

I see the EU’s new energy ratings stickers for the A90J is showing as G on JL. Bottom of the list....:laugh:
They can Kiss my a** !!! 😂
I’ll sup up as much energy as I fricken like for some eye dazzling HDR goodness...🤩

I think its fake ratings its the same sticker with G rating for the LG 2021 oleds also, doubtful they are using our TVs for bitcoin mining while we watch Come dine with me.

I think we will get the proper specs and energy labels closer to release time.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Headphones are a nice little extra, if I was getting a a90j 65 I'd get it from JL, sell the headphones on and that covers the cost of the additional 5 year accidental cover with burn in protection plus a few quid extra :thumbsup:
You read my mind! John lewis have taken the pre order page down now so I'm assuming there fixing it...looks like this bonus of the headphones is available until April 6th (pre order)

CliffordinWales

I think its fake ratings its the same sticker with G rating for the LG 2021 oleds also, doubtful they are using our TVs for bitcoin mining while we watch Come dine with me.

I think we will get the proper specs and energy labels closer to release time.

I think Vincent Teoh recently published a video talking about the new evo panels (as used on the A90J, G1 and JZ2000) and according to a reference he turned up, they use LESS energy than the conventional panels - and yet manage to achieve brighter images!

jmacc

Distinguished Member

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Nice wee promotional video :smoke:
Whites look good.

fluxedman

I think Vincent Teoh recently published a video talking about the new evo panels (as used on the A90J, G1 and JZ2000) and according to a reference he turned up, they use LESS energy than the conventional panels - and yet manage to achieve brighter images!

Yeah reckon those energy stickers are incorrect no way something jumps from A energy rating to G, not unless LG are running a bitcoin server app of their TVs 😂

SimonST

Distinguished Member
Nice wee promotional video :smoke:
Whites look good.

I like how the Z1 also looks 20% brighter than the ZX in certain shots, even though it doesn't have an Evo panel :smoke:

jmacc

Distinguished Member
I like how the Z1 also looks 20% brighter than the ZX in certain shots, even though it doesn't have an Evo panel :smoke:
They forgot to take the blue filter of the right side of the video while processing :D :rotfl::rotfl:

jmacc

Distinguished Member
40E0DF4E-985E-400D-978B-34289F14D56E.png
3861F31C-D8A1-498E-9203-27DDB6CA97E3.png
520196D3-5B65-4FEB-9BC3-6603E5002ED5.png
DF13ACDD-0A39-4446-BE42-859345FE9255.png

SimonST

Distinguished Member
They forgot to take the blue filter of the right side of the video while processing :D :rotfl::rotfl:
:D

Still, £2k for the 65G1 in the Winter could be a tempting choice depending on what the A90J/JZ2000 pricing/performance is like.

jmacc

Distinguished Member
:D

Still, £2k for the 65G1 in the Winter could be a tempting choice depending on what the A90J/JZ2000 pricing/performance is like.
It's a great price isn't it. 77" still in the mix for me :blush::blush::blush:

need a Vincent side by side review* :D

*Sponsored by crampton and Moore, you can call and ask for David, mention hdtvtest and you will get a good deal.

Earthscope

Last edited:

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
I was having a few drinks last night watching sopranos and nearly ordered the Sony I thought sod it. I shouldn't get drunk and go near the internet! I want some reviews first.

I want Sony to make me an offer I can't refuse...bada bing! :)

IL Cattivo

I was having a few drinks last night watching sopranos and nearly ordered the Sony I thought sod it. I shouldn't get drunk and go near the internet! I want some reviews first.
Nah ya don't gp, Like many of us.. you've seen enough. :D Go grab another beer matey!

SimonHavfc

Distinguished Member
I know the 65A90J will be £3499 but do we have prices on the LG G1 and the JZ2000?

Would love to be patient and see reviews for all 3 but the Sony has got my attention and close to placing my order.

My only concern is the position of the feet will not work with my TV cabinet.
What would be the best VESA option that doesn’t look of poor cheap quality?

jmacc

Distinguished Member
I know the 65A90J will be £3499 but do we have prices on the LG G1 and the JZ2000?

Would love to be patient and see reviews for all 3 but the Sony has got my attention and close to placing my order.

My only concern is the position of the feet will not work with my TV cabinet.
What would be the best VESA option that doesn’t look of poor cheap quality?
LG g1 65 is £2999 and the 77" is £5499.

nekromantik

Main thing I want is Vincent to compare the G1 with A90J in terms of peak brightness and colour volume between the 2. I got a feeling with the heatsink the Sony might sustain brighter picture.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Main thing I want is Vincent to compare the G1 with A90J in terms of peak brightness and colour volume between the 2. I got a feeling with the heatsink the Sony might sustain brighter picture.

I know that fomo will be comparing all of them however he is not a calibrator. Without a doubt Vincent will be comparing them. I wouldn't be surprised if vinny didn't already have a Sony but has an NDA in operation ( usually has a paid promotion...are own forums are good with panasonic reviews ( remember the world's first review a few years ago).

I got an email from Sony and it had an HDTVTest best of CES 2021 badge next to the TV so he is clearly on good terms with them to use his badge, and an influencer with 300,000 subs.

Fomo is on good terms with value electronics in the USA who get all the sets ( LG, Sony, this year Panasonic, Vizio and TCL in the states. And has has already states he will be doing head to heads that people want to see.

Ironically the states are reporting shortages already of the Sony A90J..I think due to an earthquake that's hit a plant that makes lots of components that go into these TVS. So that's not good

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210306-224608_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210306-224608_Gmail.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

TLMONKEY

That is quite impressive those WH-1000XM3s are pretty good nice Currys promo, but would still prefer a £200-300 minus off the RRP.

So far looking at PRC LG 2021 series they don't seem to be any cheaper then last years RRP prices well the 55" at least, its coming in at the same price tag of 2020 so not sure what LG are talking about with their 20% less then last years OLEDs talk is, maybe in Asia market and not ripp off Britain.

Still nice to see LGs new series are arriving in the next 3 weeks time
Unless your buying in poland because LG Electronics Polska are offering them 500-600 euro worth of XBOX Series X with 2 games with every March 55/65G1 Pre-order and with every 77" they are getting a 1200-1400 euro LG 14" Laptop. What offers are UK Pre-order buyers getting, answer- NOTHING....

sagaris99

What offers are UK Pre-order buyers getting, answer- NOTHING....
So? Promos, freebies, combos, discounts, cashbacks etc are under the purview of each opco/individual market. LG Poland clearly feel that to deliver their Q1 numbers and they need a good bump in sales, which they can deliver by giving freebies away. In the UK the margins are likely far smaller, or sales good enough that they don't need to beg you to buy their products. Why should LG UK give you a freebie for pre ordering? If you're pre ordering, you want the product more than they want your business. Quite why you feel entitled to a freebie is beyond me. You clearly feel aggrieved enough that the only way to settle this is to order directly from LG Poland.

If the individual market feel they want to entice you to part with your cash by offering an incentive deal, it's their choice. If a retailer wants to do the same, it's their choice. I doubt you were bleating this much when LG UK offered huge cashback deals on the C8 and E8, while the rest of Europe got "NOTHING"

You're making a fuss about nothing. Move on.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Trinnov Audio announces Crestron Home driver
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Rotel announces upgrades to 14 and 15 Series amplifiers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on UK streaming services for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung's 110-inch Micro LED TV on pre-order at Harrods