2021 4k 60fps easy to use camcorders?

david4k

Novice Member
Reaction score
Camcorders for some crazy reason appear to be edged out by DSLR type format, phones and action cams...all of which, to me are compromised

Having said that, I do want a pretty much point and shoot compact that returns a very hi quality image for home large screen true 4k pj (yet to be purchased) and med sized 8k TV (yet to be purchased)

Now entering my retirement years, I hope to roam the fells and dales whilst I can just about manage and accrue endless footage to enjoy hopefully at my leisure in the future

A phone image is unlikely goin to work on a 14 ft screen, an action cam? - a DSLR type camera body just is not designed for shooting whilst walking

Are there any worthwhile new camcorders that fit the bill (c. sub £1.5k) - Viewfinder preferred, excellent image stabilisation and smooth silent zoom with off camera microphone option

Thoughts & suggestions?

Last edited:
Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K, plus all the accessories, batteries and storage will come in at under £15K!
You should have enough left over for a half-decent zoom lens.
Not sure I'd want to be lugging up hills and dales though.

Otherwise, the pro models here should fit the bill and you can buy a nice little runaround with the change.

Try your luck with the Big Three - Canon, Panasonic or Sony. All do 4K and HD cams and all have decent optical image stabilising (OIS)
I find that HD is fine for a 100" screen although 4K should give a sharper image with the right projector.
4K will need a decent PC for editing. That is why I have stayed with HD as it is a doddle to edit on my PC.

If you can edit HD then 4K won't be a problem using Davinci Resolve (free version).
It will create optimised media for better playback or you can set the timeline to half or quarter resolution proxy mode.
It's only complicated if you want it to be.
The new(ish) CUT mode is like a simplified timeline.
Then all you need is the MEDIA and DELIVER tab (and you can even skip the MEDIA by right-clicking to import into bins).

Dont forget even a cheep under £ 300 4K bridge camera gives super results for video and stills

chrishull - indeed that is surprisingly good, would u be kind enough to tell more about equipment, settings and editing
thx

chrishull - indeed that is surprisingly good, would u be kind enough to tell more about equipment, settings and editing
thx
This is a B camera for me now but it is great value,there are some shortcomings no external mic input the AF is rather noisy and manual control is via the LCD.Personaly i use Cyberlink powerdirector ,17 at present.Good luck with what ever you get.

Dont forget even a cheep under £ 300 4K bridge camera gives super results for video and stills

Excellent capture, particularly keeping the birds sharp amongst the branches! - But how did you deal with wind noise from the breeze blowing across the microphone(s)?
My Panasonic VXF990 really does need a well blimped external microphone. The smart looking built-in microphones seem to pick up the slightest breeze, and overload the audio.

Cheers,
M Stewart
Milton Keynes

Excellent capture, particularly keeping the birds sharp amongst the branches! - But how did you deal with wind noise from the breeze blowing across the microphone(s)?
My Panasonic VXF990 really does need a well blimped external microphone. The smart looking built-in microphones seem to pick up the slightest breeze, and overload the audio.

Cheers,
M Stewart
Milton Keynes
In situations where there is wind noise i use prerecorded sound,i have varoius for different situations,on most of my cameras an an external mic can be used and wind muffs can be fitted to them.

any more suggestions for 2021 release 4k 60fps easy use compact camcorders?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom