2019 Rugby World Cup, Japan

Any games I should watch fully?

I've missed most, and only seen the score or highlights for some, which don't always show the whole picture: like Tonga v France; or Namibia v NZ (which I did watch, but those first 20-30 mins).
Pity about the cancellations, was looking forwards to see Canada v Namibia, and both pool A games.

I think there has been just four stand out games, two of which involve Wales. One's to watch are Ireland/Japan, New Zealand/South Africa, Wales/Australia, Wales/Fiji and perhaps France/Argentina. Most of the others have been rather one sided.

If it goes ahead then Japan/Scotland should be rather intriguing.

Anyone else think they should have tried to rearrange the cancelled games. I think it crazy that 4 years of planning can be ruined by weather.....conveniently the host nation will go through top of the group.

I'm not sure it's so practical to do so.

I also heard that part of the agreement was that any games that couldn't take place would not be rearranged and a draw declared.

So if Scotland's game can't take place, there's nothing they can do.

Would they decide the final the same way?

Not good enough IMO. Regardless of the sport you always want to see the home nation doing well as it keeps the crowds interested but there have been some iffy decisions during play to Japans benefit. with them not being penalised, while others are for the same thing and now this.

Well fair play the game is on! Japan as a nation need a lift and would be brilliant to see them progress and pleased that scotland at least get a chance to progress !

I will love it if Scotland fail to get through after all their moaning.

Would you have felt the same way if it was your country's team?

Haha hahaha. Nothing better than seeing the Scots getting their arses handed to them.

Well it's all redundant now!

What a match.

Japan know how to play, and if they can defend like that for the next match, who knows how far they can go....

What a game - thankfully we were not denied one of the games of the tournament. I think the host nation and the tournament needed that game.....absolutely brilliant stuff from Japan. If they keep everyone fit they’re going to give SA a seriously tough game !

Unfortunately I think Ireland’s tournament is over....can’t see us beating NZ the way we’re playing

37220ea764a8f52d41d35603d712f99c.gif

Am I the only person in the country seeing a huge number of deinterlacing artefacts in Rugby World Cup coverage? I have complained to ITV, who apparently think there isn't a problem.

I have watched rugby extensively on BBC, Sky and BT Sport using the same equipment (Sky Q + LG Oled TV) without encountering the same issues, so I'm confident it's not my equipment that's the problem.

What a fantastic game, certainly the best of the tournament so far. Exciting from the first to the last second. Well deserved Japanese win, they are a breath of fresh air in the game. Their handling was superb.

Wales on the other hand had a dour performance and had that team met Japan today the honours would almost certainly have stayed in Japan.

What a game - thankfully we were not denied one of the games of the tournament. I think the host nation and the tournament needed that game.....absolutely brilliant stuff from Japan. If they keep everyone fit they’re going to give SA a seriously tough game !

Unfortunately I think Ireland’s tournament is over....can’t see us beating NZ the way we’re playing

Either match would have been tough but I think I'd rather take on NZ at this stage over SA. We've beaten them twice recently so that monkey is off our backs. SA will be a really bruising match and I'd fear for a few of our players given the injuries they are nursing.

I just think a bruising game in the forwards would suit us better than a NZ full of running after seeing what a relentless Japan did to us! Anyway, will have to set the game for record as I'll be out with kids football all morning!

Japan are 25/1 to win it.

I'm having a tenner.

Odds for a Japan win against SA have now fallen to 6/1. Interesting top 10 in the IRB rankings now.

1 NZ
2 Wales
3 England
4 Ireland
5 SA
6 Australia
7 Japan
8 France
9 Scotland
10 Argentina

Obviously when Wales lift the trophy they will go back to the number one slot.:thumbsup:

Obviously when Wales lift the trophy ...

I think there's a deal on at the mo, 2-for-1 treatment sessions: Delusional Disorder Treatment

;)

Sadly I do admit England have a good shot at winning, every other team has had the odd off game. Although i think the bookies are on a NZ v SA final.

I think there's a deal on at the mo, 2-for-1 treatment sessions: Delusional Disorder Treatment

;)

Sadly I do admit England have a good shot at winning, every other team has had the odd off game. Although i think the bookies are on a NZ v SA final.
He he. There'll be a sign at Tokyo just as there was at Cardiff railway station. No broken chariots allowed on the train.:p

Damn I missed the match this morning, but it looks like a comfortable score line for England in the end.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom