2019 Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) hits the UK

That’s the one

Mr Parker and one of his “gang of three” have pretty much taken over one of the local pages.
You should see the comments attached to the story on a few of the local Facebook page.
These conspiracy theorists really are very very dangerous

Mr Parker and one of his “gang of three” have pretty much taken over one of the local pages.
You should see the comments attached to the story on a few of the local Facebook page.
I read that even though he died of it they are still claiming he didn’t

WTF is going on with the government and schools? We need to get teachers vaccinated NOW and get the kids back to school asap. The damage being done is incalculable. One minute they're all going back in Jan, then they talk about after Feb half term, now it could be April! Kids need to be in school - learning from home just doesn't work well, and parents are stretched to breaking point!

WTF is going on with the government and schools? We need to get teachers vaccinated NOW and get the kids back to school asap. The damage being done is incalculable. One minute they're all going back in Jan, then they talk about after Feb half term, now it could be April! Kids need to be in school - learning from home just doesn't work well, and parents are stretched to breaking point!

Well the reason the schools are off is nothing to do with teachers being vaccinated or not.

It's to bring down the R number as much as possible by preventing community transmission.

Vaccinating teachers won't change this policy one bit.

Kids will still spread the virus amongst themselves and take it home with them. I don't know how vaccinating the teachers prevents that, other than providing the teachers with some much needed protection of course (hopefully).

I think the government has finally realised it needs to get the numbers down as much as it possibly can. A one month lockdown with schools open would have been laughable.

I don't want them closed. I have a 16 year old daughter who is struggling immensely with her first year of A levels right now.

I just don't think she'll pass one of them to be honest.

But there is very little left that the government can do now that would make a big difference to the numbers, education is obviously at the top of the list.

A relief to see that the lockdown is flattening that curve, with today’s case numbers being lowest in over a month.

Hopefully government won’t relax measures prematurely this time...

9108CA90-BAB6-4C0B-830A-240599F2964F.jpeg

A relief to see that the lockdown is flattening that curve, with today’s case numbers being lowest in over a month.

Hopefully government won’t relax measures prematurely this time...

View attachment 1447863

To be honest, and I've said this a couple of times now, the way various cabinet members and the pm are talking I think they get it now.

If anything they are talking about lockdown lasting months and the schools being off for ages.

I think they want to get numbers down as much as possible whilst rolling out the vaccines.

Finally seeing sense it looks like.

Testifying under oath. As if that means a damn thing to someone like Cummings :laugh:

Not a pop at your link, just the idea that all of a sudden Cummings is a man of integrity. How stupid do these people think the electorate are?

(No-one answer that by the way).

D.C has zero credibility. I wouldn’t believe a word he has to say. The man’s brazen liar IMO. Whilst Patel needs to be careful, Johnson only wants those that agree with him in the cabinet. He won’t need much persuading to have a reshuffle.

Lol that’s true, hey he had to drive to ‘test his eyesight’, I believe him sounds perfectly reasonable, and sure I’d take the family along too to test if I could see well enough to drive on a 30 mile drive...
Anyway at least the government isn’t giving any signs of relaxing lockdown soon, despite the opposition and pressure to do so from other MP’s.

Yeap, see the BAME people who refuse to get the jab, all because of the crap and conspiracy theories spread about the vaccines online. They need to be ‘educated’ with proper facts to make informed decisions over weather to have it or not, not read or hear made up scare stories only.

In this report the average age of those in Hospital due to Covid is 59. It’s coming down.

And I’m sure you’ve seen this report, where they believe we now have 77 cases of the South African variant here in the U.K., which as you know they think may be more resilient to he vaccinations currently on offer:

All cases were detected in travellers into the U.K., all because Boris refuses to shut the borders, but they’ll be having a meeting tomorrow to discuss some possible further actions so it’s all good......

The horse that’s bolted son must have died by now let alone the horse that bolted. And that gate is still firmly open, rotting away....

Coffey throws her hat into the ring for worst car crash interview during the pandemic.
Names old age and obesity as two factors for the high UK death rate --> Has her claim read back to her --> Calls it insulting --> Ends zoom call. :rotfl:

Coffey throws her hat into the ring for worst car crash interview during the pandemic.
Names old age and obesity as two factors for the high UK death rate --> Has her claim read back to her --> Calls it insulting --> Ends zoom call. :rotfl:

Typical, dug herself into a hole she refused to answer for. Here’s the video where she hangs up, apparently 20 minutes is all you get from her:

Perhaps she had to go to the BBC for an interview?

Of course, it is easy to blame the public than to take responsibility.

I think the government has finally realised it needs to get the numbers down as much as it possibly can. A one month lockdown with schools open would have been laughable.

We need a Zero COVID strategy to replace the stop start lockdown lunacy. Johnson is too afraid to make unpopular decisions and that's one of the big reasons as to why we are in this mess. If he'd been braver and gone with a Zero COVID plan, we might be somewhere near normality with Johnson reaping the praise he desires.

I don't want them closed. I have a 16 year old daughter who is struggling immensely with her first year of A levels right now.

I'd rather be in college for Functional Skills Maths, but it's just not safe for anyone at the moment.

I just don't think she'll pass one of them to be honest.

She might not, but Education is a lifelong process. She'll get other chances to succeed. Having it drummed into you as a teenager that failing GCSE's and A-Levels is the end of everything is the most damaging thing of all. I'm on the second part of my journey towards getting onto a degree course. It's been dented by the pandemic, but that hasn't stopped me from sticking with functional skills maths all be it online. Next up will be GCSE Maths followed by an Access Course. If I survive the pandemic or not, at least I got myself onto the path to a career in Science.

But there is very little left that the government can do now that would make a big difference to the numbers, education is obviously at the top of the list.

Until vaccinations come in for children under 16, there is very little that Government can do but to shut schools. Even with testing, you'd either have to continually close schools down or exclude an entire year group until the coast is clear infection wise. I'm worried about my 9 year old nephew, he has autism and has gotten very little support over the past year. Thousands of others are in similar boats. SEN is probably best left for another thread, it's an utter minefield.

I do think it's time we looked at how post 16 education operates and put in place support packages that can enable anyone who wants to gain qualifications and skills the ability to do so at any point in their lives.

To be honest, and I've said this a couple of times now, the way various cabinet members and the pm are talking I think they get it now.

If anything they are talking about lockdown lasting months and the schools being off for ages.

I think they want to get numbers down as much as possible whilst rolling out the vaccines.

Finally seeing sense it looks like.

I'd say Whitty and co have possibly finally gotten through to them. Though we'll see if they'll stand firm despite idiotic demands coming from the Tory Backbenches to reopen as soon as possible. Open up in March, be locked down again by Easter would be the result if Tory backbench MP's get their way.

We need a Zero COVID strategy to replace the stop start lockdown lunacy. Johnson is too afraid to make unpopular decisions and that's one of the big reasons as to why we are in this mess. If he'd been braver and gone with a Zero COVID plan, we might be somewhere near normality with Johnson reaping the praise he desires.

I'd rather be in college for Functional Skills Maths, but it's just not safe for anyone at the moment.

She might not, but Education is a lifelong process. She'll get other chances to succeed. Having it drummed into you as a teenager that failing GCSE's and A-Levels is the end of everything is the most damaging thing of all. I'm on the second part of my journey towards getting onto a degree course. It's been dented by the pandemic, but that hasn't stopped me from sticking with functional skills maths all be it online. Next up will be GCSE Maths followed by an Access Course. If I survive the pandemic or not, at least I got myself onto the path to a career in Science.

Until vaccinations come in for children under 16, there is very little that Government can do but to shut schools. Even with testing, you'd either have to continually close schools down or exclude an entire year group until the coast is clear infection wise. I'm worried about my 9 year old nephew, he has autism and has gotten very little support over the past year. Thousands of others are in similar boats. SEN is probably best left for another thread, it's an utter minefield.

I do think it's time we looked at how post 16 education operates and put in place support packages that can enable anyone who wants to gain qualifications and skills the ability to do so at any point in their lives.

I'd say Whitty and co have possibly finally gotten through to them. Though we'll see if they'll stand firm despite idiotic demands coming from the Tory Backbenches to reopen as soon as possible. Open up in March, be locked down again by Easter would be the result if Tory backbench MP's get their way.

Vaccinations for under 16’s? What heavens for?

Typical, dug herself into a hole she refused to answer for. Here’s the video where she hangs up, apparently 20 minutes is all you get from her:

Perhaps she had to go to the BBC for an interview?

please tell me, whoever was next to speak to her live, just picked up where piers left off and opened with the same question

Because they are a huge source of community driven infections?

Plus it will accelerate the process by which they become immune for later in life.
To reduce cases of COVID-19 overall. Children are almost perfect transmission vectors for many viruses including COVID-19.

I have to say you scare the hell out of me.

If everyone at risk is vaccinated what is the need to vaccinate children? Who we will be protecting?
As for your other points, many studies all around the world have found they are not in fact transmission vectors. Children’s viral load is lower than adults, it is often the adult that spreads to the child and not the other way around.

Only today ONS released an analysis of deaths involving covid in different occupation groups 20-64 years old.

The study found in teaching and education for both sexes, rates of death involving COVID-19 for this group were statistically significantly lower than the rate of death involving COVID-19 among those of the same age and sex, with 18.4 deaths per 100,000 males (66 deaths) and 9.8 deaths per 100,000 females (73 deaths), compared with 31.4 and 16.8 deaths per 100,000 in the population among males and females respectively.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom