2019 Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) hits the UK

I'm just recovering my from 2nd bout of Coronavirus, I think it's going to be much more common that what they are saying at the moment.

I had it April 14th and from October 6th, first time in April wasnt too bad, I definitely had it as my brother caught it from his boss who was skiing in Italy in Feb, and it went around his office pretty quickly, we collected my nephew from his house to take to school with my daughter and I think that's where o got it.

Wasnt too bad, cough, slight temp, feeling very tired, tightness in chest.

2and time around its been worse, much more of a cough, in bed for 8 days straight too tired to move, having to breathe in very deeply for 5 mins after just walking to the bathroom, aches in chest, arms and back, I have a prolonged cough now even though I'm over it and have finished my isolation with no temp.

I'm only just 40 ex-Army and usually pretty fit, was knackered today just walking 1/2 mile to shop and back.

Until we get a vaccine I think we are going to get it every 5 or 6 months and it will get worse each time, ending in more and more deaths.

Thanks for sharing. More people need to be aware.

Can I ask if you had a positive test at all during both bouts?

The only problem I can see with a circuit breaker is that you'll be reopening on blind faith.

Waiting until the numbers go down would take far too long and it would just be like back in march, a shut down for months.

You'd have to shut for 2/3 weeks and just hope the chains of transmission had been broken and that after reopening you'd see the effects a while after.

But stumbling about in the dark seems to be what we are doing anyway right now.
I guess with a circuit breaker it would reduce the virus everywhere temporarily so low virus areas may even eradicate it and high virus areas would get it back to some level of control. If these were done regularly business may be able to wind up and wind down and wind up with proper government support. No simple answer but I can see some logic in this until a vaccine becomes available

I'm just recovering my from 2nd bout of Coronavirus, I think it's going to be much more common that what they are saying at the moment.

I had it April 14th and from October 6th, first time in April wasnt too bad, I definitely had it as my brother caught it from his boss who was skiing in Italy in Feb, and it went around his office pretty quickly, we collected my nephew from his house to take to school with my daughter and I think that's where o got it.

Wasnt too bad, cough, slight temp, feeling very tired, tightness in chest.

2and time around its been worse, much more of a cough, in bed for 8 days straight too tired to move, having to breathe in very deeply for 5 mins after just walking to the bathroom, aches in chest, arms and back, I have a prolonged cough now even though I'm over it and have finished my isolation with no temp.

I'm only just 40 ex-Army and usually pretty fit, was knackered today just walking 1/2 mile to shop and back.

Until we get a vaccine I think we are going to get it every 5 or 6 months and it will get worse each time, ending in more and more deaths.

out if interest and not doubting you in slightest, but in either occasion did you get tested ?

I ask as, last December I was so so ill. 2 weeks before Xmas. Never been so rough. Full on “flu” (or so I thought at time as COVID was not even on my radar)

I had all the symptoms. Real bad. I lost 2 days. Just full on delirious. Went into work one day. Sent home, to this day I have no idea how got there. Just auto pilot walking. Had temp. Had cough. Although I can’t recall the loss of smell etc. The cough was terrible. Never known anything like it and short of breath for weeks.

Then, the week of “lockdown” I came down with symptoms again
Nothing major
Cough, temp and this time, a full and complete loss of smell and taste, that lasted ages and it’s only this week toothpaste tastes “normal” but it was never really bad. If not heard of COVID I’d of been at work.

So just curious
I don’t think ive had it twice, and despite the symptoms, I’m not even convinced I’ve had it at all.

Without a positive test it could easily have been a bad cold, chest infection or the flu.

Not doubting anyone here, well ok I might be :) But without that test you just don't know. I've lost count of the number of people I know who think they've had it as far back as November! Which is rather unlikely.

For the record with my post I wasn't doubting MikeTV either, I was asking as with tests there would surely be a record of him having two infections and therefore he'd be a VIP in the virus world I would have thought. As there's not many people as I understand it confirmed as having it twice.

On the flip side it might also mean that there's potentially a lot more people out there like Mike who may have had it twice. And we don't know.

Which doesn't bode well for the winter.

This may have already been asked and answered, but does anyone know if people in tier 2 can travel to see people in tier 1?

and if they can - do the tier 2 rules follow them down to tier 2? So for example, whilst tier 2 people are in a tier 1 area, they can only meet people outside and up to 6 people? (Their tier 2 rules have followed them so they are unable to meet inside in a tier 1 area, despite tier 1 people being allowed to do so)

Thanks for sharing. More people need to be aware.

Can I ask if you had a positive test at all during both bouts?

I only had a positive test the 2nd time, test on 6th october, result on 7th October.

There wasnt any testing early on available to the public, if it wasnt Covid19 the 1st time i would be very surprised as they were similar in feeling, just the 2nd time was more extreme.

I only had a positive test the 2nd time, test on 6th october, result on 7th October.

There wasnt any testing early on available to the public, if it wasnt Covid19 the 1st time i would be very surprised as they were similar in feeling, just the 2nd time was more extreme.

I had the same symptoms as you, at the same time, was tested and was negative.

Reinfection is incredibly rare.

The US has had over eight million cases with three reinfections.

And some say that lockdown wouldn’t work on Anglo-Saxon populations as (unlike those docile Koreans and Japanese) we love our freedom too much...

D5D1CA46-4F03-4F8D-A080-732304034967.jpeg

I had the same symptoms as you, at the same time, was tested and was negative.

Reinfection is incredibly rare.

but equally possible , wrong place wrong time , same as the first time you catch it maybe .....

This may have already been asked and answered, but does anyone know if people in tier 2 can travel to see people in tier 1?

and if they can - do the tier 2 rules follow them down to tier 2? So for example, whilst tier 2 people are in a tier 1 area, they can only meet people outside and up to 6 people? (Their tier 2 rules have followed them so they are unable to meet inside in a tier 1 area, despite tier 1 people being allowed to do so)

"An expert" was asked this on the news yesterday and she said you take your tier 2 rules with you. So yes, you can go to a tier 1 area but you can't* meet up with people indoors if they are not in your own household.
As you suggested, you can meet up outdoors so long as there's a max of 6 people.

*Unless they are part of a support bubble with you.

Is his mask in his pocket ? Not taking away from his view myself losing a lot of money every month personally with no help from government. I do think however even a mask hanging below his chin would be some kind of example for others. Just my opinion of course
This chap Andy Burnham who is opposing the government will he be held responsible for an acceleration of infections and deaths. It worries me that he is a labour man and believes in the soapbox. He behaves like Jeremy Corbyn who has already broken the rules although in fairness he does not look like him. Jeremy Corbyn is an unbending and often angry individual who drove his party into the ground. I really hope Mr. Burnham is not like his and oes the same thing to Manchester. Just my opinion and my worry for the people there

This chap Andy Burnham who is opposing the government will he be held responsible for an acceleration of infections and deaths. It worries me that he is a labour man and believes in the soapbox. He behaves like Jeremy Corbyn who has already broken the rules although in fairness he does not look like him. Jeremy Corbyn is an unbending and often angry individual who drove his party into the ground. I really hope Mr. Burnham is not like his and oes the same thing to Manchester. Just my opinion and my worry for the people there

You're over simplifying the situation and Corbyn has zero relevance to the situation. Some local Tory MP's are aligned with AB's position in the standoff with WM

Christian Wakeford, the Tory MP for nearby Bury South, said politicians in the region were “united in opposing Tier 3 in its current form” to get the “best solution” for residents

You're over simplifying the situation and Corbyn has zero relevance to the situation. Some local Tory MP's are aligned with AB's position in the standoff with WM

Christian Wakeford, the Tory MP for nearby Bury South, said politicians in the region were “united in opposing Tier 3 in its current form” to get the “best solution” for residents

I was not trying to say it had anything to do with Corbyn I was referring to the characters of the 2 men. Well maybe they can string out the argument until they get the vaccine

I was not trying to say it had anything to do with Corbyn I was referring to the characters of the 2 men. Well maybe they can string out the argument until they get the vaccine

What needs to happen is BoJo / Sunak need to get on the phone to sort it out and move forward for everyones benefit instead of days and days of posturing and finger pointing

You can say what you like about Burnham, but at least he's demonstrating something that's been sorely missing - conviction.

Because right or wrong he's standing up for something, which in this instance is trying to protect jobs and business. Not dithering or sending out mixed messages or u-turning at every juncture. Has been more leadership from him in the last week than we've seen from the entire government since last December.

The government needs to support the economy if they are going to impose, tiers, lockdowns measures etc.
I'll be happy to have a 3 month total lockdown if my income was protected. What we have at the minute is a patchwork level of support. The treasury says one thing, then the scientists and Boris say something else.

You can say what you like about Burnham, but at least he's demonstrating something that's been sorely missing - conviction.

Because right or wrong he's standing up for something, which in this instance is trying to protect jobs and business. Not dithering or sending out mixed messages or u-turning at every juncture. Has been more leadership from him in the last week than we've seen from the entire government since last December.

Yet when the Government was easing us out of lockdown, to restart the economy and protect jobs and business, the same old people who were criticising them for sacrificing lives, now supporting the Northern Mayors. To me this demonstrates it’s all politics, no-one has the moral high ground here. So many people are keen these days to stand on a soapbox, and spout their convictions, as long as those convictions mean spending someone else’s money.

Yet when the Government was easing us out of lockdown, to restart the economy and protect jobs and business, the same old people who were criticising them for sacrificing lives, now supporting the Northern Mayors. To me this demonstrates it’s all politics, no-one has the moral high ground here. So many people are keen these days to stand on a soapbox, and spout their convictions, as long as those convictions mean spending someone else’s money.

None of this conflict would be happening if the government had an actual plan rather than half-baked ill thought out measures. An operating test and trace system might come in handy too.

The fact there are Tory MP's supporting Burnham doesn't fit the political narrative. To suggest it's all politics as well is missing the point as well as being slightly disrespectful to those people who are about to lose everything. After struggling through the last 6 months. Why do they care about politics at this point? They just want their livelihoods secured. Or are you just referring to Burnham?

And I did say rightly or wrongly with regards to Burnham. Leadership is about making tough decision's that don't always save everyone. Not everyone will be on side, but plenty are supporting his stance as well.

I'd also speculate it would be easier for him politically to comply with the government, so I think the fact he isn't suggests it's not all political at all.

It is Boris's job to bring them together. Ah.
In my experience when i ran my business and paid people directly it was not too difficult to get them all to work together. Before this I worked as a manager in government and this was another matter with conflicts and arguing going on amongst and between managers and between staff brought on initially I think by the ethos of empowering people form all parts of the organization to influence the forward plan. The idea was pooling ideas which really seems a good plan but not when some just want to get their own way. That's why I got out because you effectively gave away middle management control and only when hard decisions were made from the top would people listen. It seems now we have gone a step further and only the people who want to listen do so. Well Boris wanted to be the boss... I wonder if he really wants to be now !

None of this conflict would be happening if the government had an actual plan rather than half-baked ill thought out measures. An operating test and trace system might come in handy too.

The fact there are Tory MP's supporting Burnham doesn't fit the political narrative. To suggest it's all politics as well is missing the point as well as being slightly disrespectful to those people who are about to lose everything. After struggling through the last 6 months. Why do they care about politics at this point? They just want their livelihoods secured. Or are you just referring to Burnham?

And I did say rightly or wrongly with regards to Burnham. Leadership is about making tough decision's that don't always save everyone. Not everyone will be on side, but plenty are supporting his stance as well.

I'd also speculate it would be easier for him politically to comply with the government, so I think the fact he isn't suggests it's not all political at all.

Only discussing Burnham, not following it that closely other than he seems to be speaking into anything with a recording mic at the moment. I can’t help thinking that as Mayor of the region he has as much responsibility of anyone else as enduring his constituents and businesses were obeying the guidelines and they were being enforced.

Now I ‘do’ think some Government financial support is needed, but the generous nature of the first level of handouts/subsidies is NOT sustainable, and his stance seems to be he wants that level or nothing. I gather Sinai has offered 66% wage subsidies, versus 75% Previous, seems reasonable to me.

Yet when the Government was easing us out of lockdown, to restart the economy and protect jobs and business, the same old people who were criticising them for sacrificing lives, now supporting the Northern Mayors.

I'm not sure that's true. I'm not fully onside with Burnham's stance, nor am I with the government's.

I agree that we can't force places to close while denying people adequate support. In framing this as a north-south divide issue I don't think Burnham has helped himself, or the people of Manchester.

Johnson is pursuing a middle ground option in an effort to appease two sides of a debate. In practice it doesn't work, sends further confusing messages and doesn't smack of leadership.

If you're going to follow the science, do precisely that. Don't pick and choose the science as and when it's politically convenient.

If you're going to kowtow to hard "libertarians" that believe their freedoms to extend to aiding the spread of a pandemic, then do that. You can probably tell from my phrasing where my sympathies lie.

Johnson's in charge to make the tough decisions. He's responsible for the consequences. If he doesn't want that kind of responsibility he shouldn't be our prime minister.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom