2019 Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) hits the UK

Health Secretary Matt Hancock said: "Leicester accounts for around ten per cent of all positive cases in the country over the past week.

"And admissions to hospital are between six and 10 per day rather than around 1 a day at other trusts."

But local data suggests that coronavirus patient numbers are in line with the rest of the country.

Something not right there :confused:

3 deaths reported in Scotland today, with 152 in the rest of the UK.

The thing is the 100+ English deaths barely raises an eyebrow in the media or in here now, it's like it's been accepted that this is the level that's acceptable, it's absolutely tragic. Do you think if a plane crashed killing 150 people every single day we'd just shrug our shoulders and move on? But that's what's happening

Apparently there hasn't been a sage meeting in weeks and the topic of discussion over the weekend was the oaf doing a press up. Yet there are folk here defending these idiots to the hilt, this country is absolutely bonkers

Still... death, lung damage... hair cut... not really same sentence topics.

Just correcting you on your gender assumption, nothing more.

I know not to expect too much form Hancock, but two opposing, very simple to check facts... even a Secretary of State should be up to that.
The second sentence was from the local newspaper. Ah crossed with your edit.

Agreed :)

Something not right there :confused:

So Hancock is telling us that hospital admissions are around 6 times higher than the rest of the country, the local paper says that they are broadly the same. That is one huge disparity. I wouldn't like to be in Hancock's shoes if he has publicly provided that level of....."inaccuracy" (feel free to use a different word).

Couldn't agree more :thumbsup:

Leicester had 26 reported infections in the past week (from uk.gov), current infections 1,059.

The thing is the 100+ English deaths barely raises an eyebrow in the media or in here now, it's like it's been accepted that this is the level that's acceptable, it's absolutely tragic. Do you think if a plane crashed killing 150 people every single day we'd just shrug our shoulders and move on? But that's what's happening

Apparently there hasn't been a sage meeting in weeks and the topic of discussion over the weekend was the oaf doing a press up. Yet there are folk here defending these idiots to the hilt, this country is absolutely bonkers

Agree,its a nasty virus,and we have have one of the worst death rates in the world,and as you say that unless oaf is doing press up,what he trying to prove.
I really hope their an independent enquire,and he is held to account.

i’d have thought the disparity between England and the rest of the UK would have raised eyebrows, but you don’t tend to see the figures broken down by region or country. Often you only see a new total, which is useless unless you have the previous day’s figures.

Some people on here were shrugging their shoulders and saying that COVID deaths were a drop in the ocean compared with a daily national mortality of ~1400 so what was the fuss. :(

One of the reason's they stopped the briefings was to try and divert people's attention away from all the numbers.

Sooner or later people will take that red pill.

Some people on here were shrugging their shoulders and saying that COVID deaths were a drop in the ocean compared with a daily national mortality of ~1400 so what was the fuss. :(

At these levels that's close on another 30,000 deaths by the end of the year

So today I got a text message addressed to me by name from my local NHS Health Board. The message advised me the results of my Covid-19 test had come back negative. Which would be good, but I've not had a test.

I have had blood taken twice in the last few weeks, where they were checking organ function and also for infection in my kidneys, but I'm wondering if they are automatically including Covid-19 in any broad range of tests carried out?

I plan to phone my surgery tomorrow and ask!

At these levels that's close on another 30,000 deaths by the end of the year
Care to share your math on that?

I'll apply your formula to Scotland, based on this info
Coronavirus in Scotland: How many cases are there?
Scotland was hitting over 80 deaths a day for more than a month through April ( on certain days of the week)
Let me pick one of those days and I get
26 weeks x7 day x 80 = 15000 more deaths in Scotland by the end of the year.

I suspect your formula is in error.

For info
155 reported fatalities today in comparison to 171 236 289 326 on previous Tuesdays.

Not really comparable, Airplanes are man-made and would be grounded if they started dropping out of the sky every day, other than some travel disruption the world would still turn... Sadly we live amongst viruses and can get illnesses that may kill us, they continue to kill us every day.. these things may never go away.

Nobody is happy that levels are now at 150, even one death is tragic, but people die all day, every day, for a whole host and reasons and people need to now accept that COVID is one of those reasons and something we may need to live with for many years.

Care to share your math on that?

I'll apply your formula to Scotland, based on this info
Coronavirus in Scotland: How many cases are there?
Scotland was hitting over 80 deaths a day for more than a month through April ( on certain days of the week)
Let me pick one of those days and I get
26 weeks x7 day x 80 = 15000 more deaths in Scotland by the end of the year.

I suspect your formula is in error.

For info
155 reported fatalities today in comparison to 171 236 289 326 on previous Tuesdays.

I assume he is talking about the UK as a whole.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom