2019 Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) hits the UK

Blimey:

One-third of all patients admitted to the city’s main public hospital over the past two weeks after going to the emergency room for car-crash injuries and other urgent problems have tested positive for the coronavirus.

Blimey:

If that represents a random sample. Then with a third already infected, it’s far too late for such feeble measures.

Florida has had it as far as limiting the spread is concerned.

It’s hard to blame anyone but themselves for this. The US response has been a farce in the majority of places, and from what I can gather, Florida has been leading the stupidity rankings.

They can’t possibly be surprised.

... And as is mentioned in the article, it’s largely young people being found positive.

And I can hardly blame them for that.

It’s simply absurd to isolate whole populations, costing billions of dollars/pounds to extend for a few years (at best) lives of ancient people, when the same could be done by simply completely isolating those same old people until the virus has run its course or a vaccine is readily flying about.

You are spot on @Paul7777x . I totally agree with you. The problem is that most of the world leaders are running scared when they need to be much braver. We can get through this without lock downs. Keep isolating the elderly and vulnerable, allow the young, healthy people to get back to normal.

... And as is mentioned in the article, it’s largely young people being found positive.

And I can hardly blame them for that.

It’s simply absurd to isolate whole populations, costing billions of dollars/pounds to extend for a few years (at best) lives of ancient people, when the same could be done by simply completely isolating those same old people until the virus has run its course or a vaccine is readily flying about.

Hopefully those partying youngsters have the sense to not visit their elderly relatives...

1593445449736.png

Hopefully those partying youngsters have the sense to not visit their elderly relatives...

View attachment 1326144

Yes. And the old people to tell them so.

It’s really a simple question.

If you’re old do you want to possibly die horribly earlier than you’re likely to?

If not, isolate.

Come on Boris and co. Just tell us:
1. If Leicester needs to go ahead with postponing the reopening of the restaurants, pubs, hairdressers and any other type of business that can reopen from 4th July, NOW.
2. If its Leicester City Council area only. Got friends and myself that have booked for hair appts in Leicestershire that are worried that they will be cancelled.

Also to the media
What is being proposed isn't an actual lockdown. Its a delay in lifting parts of the lockdown. That is a big difference

Matt Hancock was due to make it all clear at 5:00pm and this has been postponed...

A consolation for vu is that they do seem to be focusing on Leicester not Leicestershire. most of the new infections are in the North and East of the city so that may be relevant depending which side she? lives in.

"Nearly 450 of the 658 cases were largely in the north and east of the city. The rest were spread more evenly around the city.

1. North Evington 118 positive tests
  2. Humberstone and Hamilton 52 positive tests
  3. Belgrave 45 positive tests
  4. Spinney Hills 41 positive tests
  5. Rushey Mead 35 positive tests
  6. Stoneygate 34 positive tests
  7. Wycliffe 32 positive tests
  8. Evington 30 positive tests
  9. Thurncourt 30 positive tests
  10. Troon 30 positive tests
City mayor Sir Peter Soulsby said: “It is useful to an extent because it helps us draw broad conclusions about which communities are affected but it is unhelpful in that wards are just political lines on a map - not communities themselves."

He added: “North Evington for example is a very diverse ward with many different communities in.

It stretches from Spinney Hills to Crown Hills to Evington". "

Last edited:
Iron Giant, I have checked the number of confirmed cases in my district council and its over 160 with about 15 deaths.

To put it prospective to the recent cases, we had as many cases since March than the top two areas of Leicester.

It sounds thus far like the government are offering very little and leaving people and business' in Leicester to become increasingly more anxious.

We need to be ready at a local level now as soon as anything pops up. But it's the same old story that we all now know. I have zero confidence.

Last edited:
Businesses need to order fresh food and drink. Also done their rotas for the next few weeks too. Also if the postponement goes ahead. Who pays for the staff of these businesses - govt via furlough or employers.

This is not going to be popular esp when the number of cases is going up but the number of people in ICUs is going down.

Or just do the restrictions on LE1 (city centre) and LE5 - where the increase of cases are.

Heard that Matt Hancock may include surrounding areas too and this may include my area. I am seriously annoyed as going back to work on Wednesday (in the county) and this topic is what we have to put up with by customers.

I'm starting to wonder if this Leicester situation is just the government flexing its muscles and trying to show everyone what might happen if they don't behave. I'm hoping it's merely an empty threat but they really need to give the business community more notice than this.

I'm starting to wonder if this Leicester situation is just the government flexing its muscles and trying to show everyone what might happen if they don't behave. I'm hoping it's merely an empty threat but they really need to give the business community more notice than this.

I really hope not. Using a town as a guinea pig and letting the people and business' there fret terribly would be out of order. As well as unethical.

I really hope not. Using a town as a guinea pig and letting the people and business' there fret terribly would be out of order. As well as unethical.
Totally agree. I am feeling sick with fear as postponing this phase of lockdown may include areas bordering city council area, which maybe where I live and where I booked my hair appointment

Everything is an “experiment”. Everything is being made up as they go
All those proclaiming “ there will be a second spike ! “ are spot on, and let’s be honest, it’s exactly what the government are wanting

The virus didn’t wait at peoples gates for a couple of weeks at beginning of lockdown, get bored and bugger off. It’s still there, and now is deemed the point at which they want to push for that second spike. But “control” it as best can

19th July and the week after will be the real tell of how things are going

This weekend is going to be carnage. People say it’s going to be like new year. It’s going to be worse than that. It’s going to be a new year that starts at 10 in morning, goes on for a week and which is fuelled by saved cash and cabin fever.

we are a 15 minute or so train ride from Wales. Those trains are going to be heaving!

Everything is an “experiment”. Everything is being made up as they go
All those proclaiming “ there will be a second spike ! “ are spot on, and let’s be honest, it’s exactly what the government are wanting

The virus didn’t wait at peoples gates for a couple of weeks at beginning of lockdown, get bored and bugger off. It’s still there, and now is deemed the point at which they want to push for that second spike. But “control” it as best can

19th July and the week after will be the real tell of how things are going

This weekend is going to be carnage. People say it’s going to be like new year. It’s going to be worse than that. It’s going to be a new year that starts at 10 in morning, goes on for a week and which is fuelled by saved cash and cabin fever.

we are a 15 minute or so train ride from Wales. Those trains are going to be heaving!

Indeed sir.

Anyone planning on a pub visit or shopping or even a restaurant is asking for trouble this weekend.

The streets will be full of pissed up retards, fights and vomit.

A sort of magnified England.

If I was a police officer I’d be ill this weekend.

Or polishing my beating stick.

It is folly to open the pubs on a Saturday. Real amateur hour thinking, that's going to cause a mass of problems across many towns. And will spill into Sunday no doubt now as well.

Opening them on a Monday and allowing for an easing in throughout the week for individuals - and for business to gauge how any new set-ups etc they've implemented work - would make so much more sense.

Where is this common sense hey.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom