2019 Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) hits the UK

Would there be room for all the protestors and rioters too.

I’ve still yet to here anything siginificant announcements about new prisons/large increase in capacity either.

You'll be waiting for a long time. Talk for a separate thread of course, but the justice system is in a state of collapse. Need to save it before building on it!

Who needs Shagaluf eh!

Right that's it!! I'm officially annoyed by this virus.
  • I get selected for a research trial/home antibody test. Looking forward to what I may learn about my coronavirus status
  • Wifeynurse pricks finger and drops my precious blood into the slot
  • Put exactly two drops of reagent into the other slot as per instruction

if you don't mind me asking which research trial this one from? The kit you've given is lateral flow assay LFA (finger prick test) while the one ONS doing is ELISA which need blood to be drawn.

You'll be waiting for a long time. Talk for a separate thread of course, but the justice system is in a state of collapse. Need to save it before building on it!

Cannot hand out proper custodial sentences if there's nowhere to put em.

Anyways, another thread indeed.

wow

March 2019

I’m thinking more and more that all those with bad flu in December may have had “it”

Makes you wonder how the pandemic didn't start back then. If the estimated R value for C-19 is around 3, then it should have spread like wildfire.

Makes you wonder how the pandemic didn't start back then. If the estimated R value for C-19 is around 3, then it should have spread like wildfire.

We where saying this earlier. That and death rate.

But I’m guessing has to be something in it

when I came down with flu before Xmas it was rampent in my work place. Loads poorly with flu and two hospitalised !

plus a quick look at genome sequence shows a definite branching from mid-late Nov.

We where saying this earlier. That and death rate.

But I’m guessing has to be something in it

when I came down with flu before Xmas it was rampent in my work place. Loads poorly with flu and two hospitalised !

Or the sample/test was contaminated? Just seems strange to me.

if you don't mind me asking which research trial this one from? The kit you've given is lateral flow assay LFA (finger prick test) while the one ONS doing is ELISA which need blood to be drawn.
"COVID-19 home antibody testing research study" on the documents, with headers including the NHS, DHSC, Imperial College and Ipsos/MORI. Website for coordination is www.reactstudy.org. Does that identify it OK?

Right that's it!! I'm officially annoyed by this virus.
  • I get selected for a research trial/home antibody test. Looking forward to what I may learn about my coronavirus status
  • Wifeynurse pricks finger and drops my precious blood into the slot
  • Put exactly two drops of reagent into the other slot as per instructions
  • Wait 10-15 mins
And what happens? Test result below:
View attachment 1324160

It didn't bleeding work did it. The test line is supposed to turn red. Thank you Public Health England. I am now officially sceptical of all test results. Humph. :nono:
If you’re on Twitter then perhaps contact this doctor to see how he got along? Guess professor Cooke might get some feedback to this tweet if many more of the 30K recipients had similar problems.

Last edited:
In today's 'I' newspaper, there's a chart showing the Covid-19 death rate per 100,000. Top of the list, Security Guards at 74, Taxi Drivers 65.3, Chefs 56.8 all Men. At the bottom, Cleaners 12.2, Nurses 15.3, Sales and Retsil Assistants 15.7, Care Home Workers 25.9, all Women. Twelve jobs are listed and the top eight are all men. Don't understand this in any way! We were told Health Care Workers and Supermarket Workers were being infected the most due to Covina-19, yet they fill three out of the four bottom places. The other 'fact'? We were fed was you are most likely to get the virus if you are in contact with infected people or touch a hard surface within 72 hours of an infected person having touched it? Yet all the safest jobs are done by people most likely to come into contact with infected people and/or contaminatrd surfaces.

In today's 'I' newspaper, there's a chart showing the Covid-19 death rate per 100,000. Top of the list, Security Guards at 74, Taxi Drivers 65.3, Chefs 56.8 all Men. At the bottom, Cleaners 12.2, Nurses 15.3, Sales and Retsil Assistants 15.7, Care Home Workers 25.9, all Women. Twelve jobs are listed and the top eight are all men. Don't understand this in any way!
We were told Health Care Workers and Supermarket Workers were being infected the most due to Covina-19, yet they fill three out of the four bottom places. The other 'fact'? We were fed was you are most likely to get the virus if you are in contact with infected people or touch a hard surface within 72 hours of an infected person having touched it? Yet all the safest jobs are done by people most likely to come into contact with infected people and/or contaminatrd surfaces.

I can’t find the chart you’re referring to online.... but ICYMI here’s this week’s ONS occupational analysis from which it’s no doubt derived...

Men are dying at twice the rate of women of the same age from this virus and BAME people also seem to be more susceptible than caucasians; which might explain why security guards, taxi drivers and chefs are near the top of the list.

26B478FE-4FC0-4C61-B3FF-4AF9A2AC4B73.png

Whilst nursing and supermarket staff are predominantly women, those occupations are proving to be amongst the most hazardous for them.

97D37273-D137-4264-AD6E-242D7C0CF701.jpeg

I often used to say to my wife that I was surprised there weren't more deaths throughout the NHS frontline staff.

I know it sounds like a callous comment and nobody should be expected to risk their life going to work. But considering what they were up against and the PPE fiasco I'm still surprised more didn't succumb.

We can talk and debate this all day long. But we are faced with hypocrisy and blatant rewriting of Covid related memories. We need need look no further than page 18 in today's Sunday Times. It's an article headlined 'Farwal Sverige, (Goodbye Sweden)'. The author is a woman named Louise Callaghan. A Swedish national with an English father. In the article, she's decrying Sweden's decision not to lockdown. She is worried about her elderly parents. In the article she says on her return from Turkey, she went into self imposed lockdown and wouldn't even take anything from her Mother.
A few weeks ago in the same paper, she recounted her departure from Turkey to return home. In the article she had been going out partying in Ankara, while the virus was spreading. At one party she was in contact with a man who fell ill with Covid-19. Instead of leaving she spent the night at the party. On realising she had contracted the virus, off to the airport she went. Couldn't get a flight home so she hopped on different flights, until she got back to Sweden. She was one of the asymtomatic carriers, so off she went partying again. In today's article she is complaining about Swedes going to the beach, yet she admits to doing it herself.
Is there something amiss with our young University educated elite?
The Press certainly treat them with kid gloves. Demonstrating in our cities, attacking buildings and statues. Then violently attacking the Police. The Press describe them as Activists. Yet we read and hear of families being called Cretins and Imbeciles for going to the beach on a sweltering day. After being chained to the hearth for months.

Well this pandemic has taught me something . I am now the wifes colourist and hairdresser . Good at the job it seems , would be told otherwise , and then some . Believe she owes me close to £260 as it stands ;).

Last edited:
Well this pandemic has taught me something . I am now the wifes coulorist and hairdresser . Good at the job it seems , would be told otherwise , and then some . Believe she owes me close to £260 as it stands ;).
Totally relate to this. I've not done the hair colouring yet but did the leg waxing and haircut! Money for old rope. I need to change career.

More good stuff on T-cells:

Notably, we detected SARS-CoV-2 cross-reactive T cells in 81% of unexposed individuals.

via

Don't understand this in any way! We were told Health Care Workers and Supermarket Workers were being infected the most due to Covina-19, yet they fill three out of the four bottom places. The other 'fact'? We were fed was you are most likely to get the virus if you are in contact with infected people or touch a hard surface within 72 hours of an infected person having touched it? Yet all the safest jobs are done by people most likely to come into contact with infected people and/or contaminatrd surfaces.

Frontline healthcare workers are also generally better at following good hygiene practices and also wearing full PPE (where available) as well as regularly swapping masks/gowns/gloves. The fact that they're more exposed to the risk doesn't necessarily mean more of them will therefore die. In contrast, taxi drivers/security guards etc may come into close proximity contact with infected people but don't follow the same hygiene routines or wear PPE as a matter of course.

World wide infections are increasing significantly and deaths are creeping up:
Corona Update (Live)

Do you think the large proportion of cases in BAME people is caused by spitting? If your city has a BAME community, some people (esp the 1st generation) are continue to spit.

I wish someone tells them NOT to do this disgusting unhygienic habit.

Another problem is in councils with a high BAME community, the council publish things in many languages. Only seen the CV stuff in English and Welsh.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom