2019 Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) hits the UK

Well hopefully her experience was just a one off grumpy policeman but she was very upset as she wasn't aware there was a time limit and she has a labrador who needs a decent walk.

And I've certainly not seen anything saying there was a time limit.

There is nothing official regarding a time limit, but police forces seem to be interpreting things in their own ways. The main points seem to be that only one person takes the dog out once a day and the dog should remain on the lead. Round here they're recommending that people go no further than 500m from home.
It's all about reducing the risks of accidents and the possibility of needing the emergency services as well as virus spread. Most dogs don't need a really long walk, it's just what they've been trained to have. They'll soon get used to shorter walks if that's what needs to be done.

I think it's perfectly understandable that people are worrying about the economy, I know I am. Okay, the priority right now is getting to grips with Coronavirus. However, there also needs to be a focus on trying to avoid a massive worldwide recession and millions more UK people unemployed.

They'll soon get used to shorter walks if that's what needs to be done.

... trending soon #myfatdog

Think the Police need to be reminded of the advice that was issued.

OP: your friend should print this out.

Express tills were open at Mo's on Tuesday.
Tonights adventure to Morrisons was wholely different than Tuesday: queuing system now, 2m apart which meant a 20min wait to get in and 10min wait for a checkout. Face mask sellers have done a roaring trade as well.

Contrast that with Aldi: staff now wear gloves but they don't have those perspex protection screens yet. In and out in minutes.

In both stores white/red meat was mssing from the shelves.

So the projections from the boffins at Imperial College London are that current measures should see British COVID-19 deaths peak at about 260 per day in the first week of April...

Daily mortality graphs now up, from John Burn-Murdoch (@jburnmurdoch) on Twitter

1585261201193.jpeg

1585261241334.jpeg

....so today’s figures were far larger than yesterday‘s because today’s figures were based over a longer period (timings have changed) according to Twitter posts and ITV News. (apologies if this was already posted about!).

The US is the one I’m keeping an eye on. What do we think, they seem to be about a week behind the U.K.

....so today’s figures were far larger than yesterday‘s because today’s figures were based over a longer period (timings have changed) according to Twitter posts and ITV News. (apologies if this was already posted about!).

Yes it was mentioned earlier. Naturally the AVF crew knew something wasn’t right the moment the figure was released yesterday.

Well hopefully her experience was just a one off grumpy policeman but she was very upset as she wasn't aware there was a time limit and she has a labrador who needs a decent walk.

And I've certainly not seen anything saying there was a time limit.
We definitely walk much longer than that. Normally about 1-2 hours. We tend to do around 10miles. But to be fair where we are is rural and we don’t come across anyone, definitely wellies and mud territory.

If one is in a town I think some common sense need to be applied. But even then 30 minutes should be plenty to at least 2-3miles at an average pace. That should be plenty.

The US is the one I’m keeping an eye on. What do we think, they seem to be about a week behind the U.K.
Yup, looks like Mardi Gras is going to cause a COVID-19 epidemic in the southern USA which will make New York seem like they are getting off lightly!

Ignorance, money love, a retarded President and a cash grabbing Senate will see the US have far and away the biggest disaster.

We definitely walk much longer than that. Normally about 1-2 hours. We tend to do around 10miles. But to be fair where we are is rural and we don’t come across anyone, definitely wellies and mud territory.

If one is in a town I think some common sense need to be applied. But even then 30 minutes should be plenty to at least 2-3miles at an average pace. That should be plenty.

Average walking pace is three miles an hour - you would need to be pretty in shape, and almost certainly not walking, to do three miles in 30 minutes.

Average walking pace is three miles an hour - you would need to be pretty in shape, and almost certainly not walking, to do three miles in 30 minutes.
You would be when you’ve been walking like that for the last six years as good as daily 👍 That now feels like a stroll.

You would be when you’ve been walking like that for the last six years as good as daily 👍 That now feels like a stroll.

My 10K urban running pace is 50 minutes - if you're doing nearly that pace walking in muddy terrain that is certainly good going... My daily walk is four miles which takes me an hour at a solid but not mad effort.

Practise makes perfection 👍It normal now, but yes when it is muddy and slippy the average goes down a lot. But it isn't at the moment, no more 'wellie' boots it is trainers time again.

I think it's perfectly understandable that people are worrying about the economy, I know I am. Okay, the priority right now is getting to grips with Coronavirus. However, there also needs to be a focus on trying to avoid a massive worldwide recession and millions more UK people unemployed.

Of course it is. But that’s all past. The recession is guaranteed now, and it will be huge.

Bit it will be utterly immense and uniquely so if this first set of measures doesn’t work or are ended too soon.

And without a vaccine, next winters crop of this virus will ruin the economy further.

If anyone thinks the world, or any part of it, is getting out of this even remotely intact, they haven’t thought it through.

China has barred all foreigners from entry from today. No time limit specified, that I can find.

How do I make a post?..I'm not wanting to reply to the last poster. I have watched many of your posts for a few years. Now, I am going to post.
I wanted to CLAP for ALL emergency services & staff, plus ALL food shops & their drivers (keeping us alive by food) etc. Plus the bin men and every ancillary worker etc who are in 'danger'.I
My gratitude to you all.
keep Safe x

Last edited:
Practise makes perfection 👍It normal now, but yes when it is muddy and slippy the average goes down a lot. But it isn't at the moment, no more 'wellie' boots it is trainers time again.

Ha thanks I think after 15 years I've got it pretty perfected 💪👍

So just finished watching Contagion with the missus, saw it when it was released obviously didn’t resonate nearly as much as it did today, freaked her the hell out as she hadn’t seen it before, it’s spooky how much is relevant. Now to try and get some sleep!! Fun times...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom