2019 Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) hits the UK

It might broaden a few people's horizons. And get them to pick up a cook book (or ask Alexa for a recipe maybe.)

101 ways to cook spaghetti with UHT milk will be a handy one for many.

It isn’t going to be ‘some foods’, nor will it be about recipes.

It will be all about not enough food. Not enough. Even without the hoarder trash.

You must have large walnuts to let Halfrauds get any where near your car.

I used to say I wouldn't even take my car there to replace a bulb - but one car was a pain so I did...and i felt a bit of a so and so when some petite oriental woman came out and changed it..!

I got a free headlamp bulb and rear brake light bulb when I went in the other week. Installed FOC too.

Now look at what has happened since the emergence of Covid-19. The list of notifiable diseases has been updated. This list — as well as containing smallpox (which has been extinct for many years) and conditions such as anthrax, brucellosis, plague and rabies (which most UK doctors will never see in their entire careers) — has now been amended to include Covid-19. But not flu. That means every positive test for Covid-19 must be notified, in a way that it just would not be for flu or most other infections.

In the current climate, anyone with a positive test for Covid-19 will certainly be known to clinical staff looking after them: if any of these patients dies, staff will have to record the Covid-19 designation on the death certificate — contrary to usual practice for most infections of this kind. There is a big difference between Covid-19 causing death, and Covid-19 being found in someone who died of other causes. Making Covid-19 notifiable might give the appearance of it causing increasing numbers of deaths, whether this is true or not. It might appear far more of a killer than flu, simply because of the way deaths are recorded.

John Lee is a recently retired professor of pathology and a former NHS consultant pathologist.

1585256076811.png

Lots of percent of people are worried about things

1585256147045.png

Finding a patient zero:

The man had not traveled out of the country recently, but four days before he started showing symptoms, he had a business meeting with a colleague from China. Both the man and the colleague are employees of the German auto parts supplier Webasto, according to Reuters. At the time of the meeting, the colleague, a Shanghai resident, appeared well and had no signs of an infection. But during a flight back to China, the colleague became ill, and she tested positive for the new coronavirus, called 2019-nCov, on Jan. 26.

This prompted officials to track down all of the people the Shanghai resident had contact with during her business trip, including the 33-year-old German man. Tests conducted on Jan. 27 showed that the man was positive for 2019-nCov as well.

This report shows that "the infection appears to have been transmitted during the incubation period of the index patient [the Shanghai resident]," the authors wrote. (The incubation period is the time between when a person is infected with a pathogen and when they show symptoms.)

What's more, an investigation showed that three people in Germany who worked at the Webasto also tested positive for 2019-nCov. Of these three employees, only one had contact with the Shanghai resident during a meeting. This suggests that the German man infected at least two of his co-workers, also before he had notable symptoms.

LA Highway 405

1585256661116.png

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, so mods, feel free to move it.....

For those of you who have dogs, a friend of mine was walking her dog earlier in York this afternoon and was asked by the police if she was going home and told that they were only allowed to walk the dog for 30 minutes!

Has anyone else heard this?

I know in North Yorkshire they are setting up road blocks to check that you are travelling for the right reasons but it's the first I've heard that there is a time limit.

Perhaps it is just York and an unlucky experience but thought I'd ask as I have 2 sausage dogs and it just gave me a fright.

No - it’s posts like these which cause panic buying.......🤬
If people don't read the article and post in ignorance, yes. You may as well point your accusation at yourself and every poster on here who post headlined/graph/information that can lead some to merely skim read it and go off on one.

I didn't even think about disinfecting the outdoor bin handles...but it makes sense, bin man touches every single bin, infected persons bin included...oops

You must have large walnuts to let Halfrauds get any where near your car.

Didn’t have many options in the current situation. My usual local garage team are all in isolation and I needed my car ready for work in the morning.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, so mods, feel free to move it.....

For those of you who have dogs, a friend of mine was walking her dog earlier in York this afternoon and was asked by the police if she was going home and told that they were only allowed to walk the dog for 30 minutes!

Has anyone else heard this?

I know in North Yorkshire they are setting up road blocks to check that you are travelling for the right reasons but it's the first I've heard that there is a time limit.

Perhaps it is just York and an unlucky experience but thought I'd ask as I have 2 sausage dogs and it just gave me a fright.
Sounds like BS.

does that mean if you walk the dog as part of your daily exercise outing (x1), that you are only allowed 30mins? If so, no one should have more than 30mins inc. walkers, joggers and cyclists etc.

I wouldn’t worry about the dog walking duration too much.

I think it’s all to do with getting the message out that people shouldn’t take the Michael.

Sounds like BS.

does that mean if you walk the dog as part of your daily exercise outing (x1), that you are only allowed 30mins? If so, no one should have more than 30mins inc. walkers, joggers and cyclists etc.
Well hopefully her experience was just a one off grumpy policeman but she was very upset as she wasn't aware there was a time limit and she has a labrador who needs a decent walk.

And I've certainly not seen anything saying there was a time limit.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom