2019 Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) hits the UK

thanks, hence i questioned it, otherwise it would been getting a lot of worldwide tv coverage, which i never saw.
China is on lockdown, people are being welded and barricaded in their homes, media won't cover this to stop mass panic, if its only killed 2000 people inside wuhan why are they on lockdown, the flu kills more people than this each year yet they don't lock people in their homes for that.
Something doesn't add up for me.

The population hasn't build up an overall immunity to it yet and infection rates aren't well enough known?

Can we keep conspiracy theories off the forum please
Its my opinion that something doesn't add up which I'm entitled too, why lockdown over 500 million of the the world's population if its only killed 2000 people.
The flu kills between 12k-61k annually in comparison.

China is on lockdown, people are being welded and barricaded in their homes, media won't cover this to stop mass panic, if its only killed 2000 people inside wuhan why are they on lockdown, the flu kills more people than this each year yet they don't lock people in their homes for that.
Something doesn't add up for me.

Lost of people died in their house. Lost of ill people are turned away from hospital because there isn't enough doctor and bed. Of those people even their are died, they wont be counted as infected so wont be counted as part of the death. Even you are admitted you are only counted as infected if the doctor perform a check using the kits gov provided. Each hospital only get few hundreds of them each day so they wont use it on every body. You also get people died on the street, in hospital corridor. They wont count as infected either.

Its my opinion that something doesn't add up which I'm entitled too, why lockdown over 500 million of the the world's population if its only killed 2000 people.
Because it's a new Coronavirus that has already mutated from only affecting animals and made the species leap to also affecting humans.
They don't know whether it could mutate further into a more deadly virus. The more people that get infected, the more danger of it mutating. The less people that get infected, the less chance of it having the opportunity to mutate. Hence mass quarantine to stop further infections.

Lack of resources to proper diagnosis people. No enough doctors, bed, or kits. lots of people died before even see a doctor. When they shutdown the city it is almost impossible for people gets to a hospital.

I got friends in wuhan. It is really bad over there at moment.

Lost of people died in their house. Lost of ill people are turned away from hospital because there isn't enough doctor and bed. Of those people even their are died, they wont be counted as infected so wont be counted as part of the death. Even you are admitted you are only counted as infected if the doctor perform a check using the kits gov provided. Each hospital only get few hundreds of them each day so they wont use it on every body. You also get people died on the street, in hospital corridor. They wont count as infected either.
Actually, that changed last week and China is using a broader definition of what constitutes a confirmed case, to include people diagnosed on the basis of their symptoms rather than if they test positive.

Actually, that changed last week and China is using a broader definition of what constitutes a confirmed case, to include people diagnosed on the basis of their symptoms rather than testing positive.

Yes. But people died before hand still wont count as the overall number. There are still people in wuhan got the symptoms but can't get to a hospital. ( even the newly built hospital dont have any masks or necessary kits to take in lots of people). So they wont count as overall number either.

Actually, that changed last week and China is using a broader definition of what constitutes a confirmed case, to include people diagnosed on the basis of their symptoms rather than if they test positive.
I think this is only in one province (or district, not quite sure what they're called) where it originated. The rest still follow WHO standards of lab testing confirmation.

As Apple Daily reports, in the latest, fourth edition of the NHC protocol, “mild” is classified as “confirmed cases” but “asymptomatic infected persons” is defined as “persons with no clinical symptoms, respiratory tract specimens, etc. who are positive for new coronavirus pathogenic tests.” As a result, “asymptomatic infection” no longer counts as confirmed cases.

Conveniently, the new rule has triggered provinces “to find cases that can be deducted from the total number of confirmed cases.” For example, Heilongjiang has axed 13 cases from their tally stating the new definition. Hubei has deducted 87 cases today, but authorities did not explain why.”

From new york time.

The changes to the classification of asymptomatic coronavirus cases emerged on Jan. 29, in a set of guidance from China’s National Health Commission. The agency said that it would no longer count patients who had tested positive for the coronavirus but did not display symptoms as “confirmed cases.” Instead, those patients would be counted separately, as “positive diagnosis” patients, and would become confirmed only if they began showing symptoms

Last edited:
As Apple Daily reports, in the latest, fourth edition of the NHC protocol, “mild” is classified as “confirmed cases” but “asymptomatic infected persons” is defined as “persons with no clinical symptoms, respiratory tract specimens, etc. who are positive for new coronavirus pathogenic tests.” As a result, “asymptomatic infection” no longer counts as confirmed cases.

Conveniently, the new rule has triggered provinces “to find cases that can be deducted from the total number of confirmed cases.” For example, Heilongjiang has axed 13 cases from their tally stating the new definition. Hubei has deducted 87 cases today, but authorities did not explain why.”

From new york time.

The changes to the classification of asymptomatic coronavirus cases emerged on Jan. 29, in a set of guidance from China’s National Health Commission. The agency said that it would no longer count patients who had tested positive for the coronavirus but did not display symptoms as “confirmed cases.” Instead, those patients would be counted separately, as “positive diagnosis” patients, and would become confirmed only if they began showing symptoms
But then the WHO numbers should still be counting the 'asymptomatic infected persons' as confirmed cases, seeing as the WHO didn't change their way of counting people when China started counting anyone with symptoms in Hubei province (even if they hadn't been tested).
The W.H.O. then released its own figures, leaving out the diagnoses made without a positive test for the virus — and indicating that it did not fully understand the change China had made.

“For consistency, we report here only the number of laboratory-confirmed cases,” the organization said in a situation report. “W.H.O. has formally requested additional information on the clinically diagnosed cases, in particular when these have occurred in the course of the outbreak and whether suspect cases were reclassified as clinically diagnosed cases.”

I am sure I have this sort of thing before from the British Government when it comes to helping its citizens, whereas other countries have managed to get their people off the ship in Japan and flown them home, our government is working on it?

A book from 1981...

1582276853708.png

1582276875139.png

1582276899850.png

I've read now two infected victims from the cruise ship are in a Sheffield hospital, are they backwards or what? Why the hell would you let them back in to the country whilst they are still infected?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom