2019 Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) hits the UK

You're still missing the point.
The next virus outbreak in the future could just as easily come from that weird crap called lamb, or beef or...

Yep, nothing to do with bats. It's to do with wet markets. Thousands of live animals full of animal viruses in close proximity to thousands of humans. It makes cross species jumps more likely for animal viruses.

Banning wet markets is probably a good sensible first step.

The problem is the official figures are just made up. The actual figure will be a lot higher. There is a reason they shut down 17 cities contained 50 million people.

The problem is the official figures are just made up. The actual figure will be a lot higher. There is a reason they shut down 17 cities contained 50 million people.
Which also makes you wonder if it was so contagious how come so few of the 50,000,000 have got it and yet the west is throwing a wobbler?

There is a reason they shut down 17 cities contained 50 million people.
I think a lot of that was to do with it being Lunar New Year.
Without the Government decisively shutting down the movement of people, billions of people would have been moving around the country and potentially spreading the virus uncontrollably. If it wasn't Lunar New Year, most people would have been staying put within those 17 cities anyway.

The standard meat isn't the problem. Its the historical health rubbish they believe such as bat wings, tadpoles, frogs hearts etc that's what needs banning as that's the cause of all these diseases

You are correct in relation to bats, frogs and all kinds of things they shouldn't eat, it's ludicrous. But standard meat is still also a problem. The conditions the animals are kept, the way they're killed, lack of proper facilities to do so, hygiene - that is all still a major health issue.

As suggested above, these type of markets should be shut down - wherever they are in the world. I've seen some videos in recent years from animal welfare charities in China - and other parts of Asia to be fair too - that I can never unsee.

I ate a worm burger in Hanoi standing next to a women chopping heads off and plucking live ducks next to me. One of the heads fell on the ground and blinked at me. That was enough Asia for one night. I went to KFC to recover from my culture shock.

Yep, nothing to do with bats. It's to do with wet markets. Thousands of live animals full of animal viruses in close proximity to thousands of humans. It makes cross species jumps more likely for animal viruses.

Banning wet markets is probably a good sensible first step.

Some of the videos on LiveLeak are horrible. These markets aren't for the feint of heart.

Also the lack of basic Hygiene is an eye opener. Chopping meat on the floor. Treading dough barefoot on the kitchen floors. Taking used napkins off a used plate and scraping the leftovers into a bubbling hotpot.

There was also a mountain of skinned rats in an alleyway, that was impressive!

Some of the videos on LiveLeak are horrible. These markets aren't for the feint of heart.

Also the lack of basic Hygiene is an eye opener. Chopping meat on the floor. Treading dough barefoot on the kitchen floors. Taking used napkins off a used plate and scraping the leftovers into a bubbling hotpot.

There was also a mountain of skinned rats in an alleyway, that was impressive!

I can't speak for China as never been to a Chinese wet market but I asked our guide in Vietnam about this. Hanoi was the same. Streets and streets filled with live animals. Butchery right next to cooking woks and people eating. Apparently sickness is rare because these markets only operate at meal times. The raw meat doesn't sit around all day like in the UK. It's live until ordered, then it's immediately butchered and cooked at a very high heat, and eaten immediately.

To be fair, the food was incredible if you can get over sitting next to a live version of the thing you're eating. We also ate loads of this street food for 2 weeks and didn't get ill once.

Still, their days are probably numbered if Corona turns bad.

The incubation period for the virus is 14 days. However, the drivers of the coaches ferrying the quarantined personnel to the Wirral, and the vehicles themselves are going to be isolated for just 10 days. o_O

5472.jpg

"Horseman Coaches have decided to take, the drivers involved will take paid leave and remain at home for the next 10 days, and likewise after the cleansing of the vehicles, the vehicles will be removed from service for a minimum of 10 days.”

I'm sure it has all been worked out and there are other factors involved, but the numbers mismatch over the quarantine period just seems a little strange.

The incubation period for the virus is 14 days. However, the drivers of the coaches ferrying the quarantined personnel to the Wirral, and the vehicles themselves are going to be isolated for just 10 days. o_O

5472.jpg

"Horseman Coaches have decided to take, the drivers involved will take paid leave and remain at home for the next 10 days, and likewise after the cleansing of the vehicles, the vehicles will be removed from service for a minimum of 10 days.”

I'm sure it has all been worked out and there are other factors involved, but the numbers mismatch over the quarantine period just seems a little strange.

5-7 is the normal incubation. I think 14 is the longest seen but is not the norm.

Still, I agree, this seems foolish and not something worth taking a risk over.

Yeah you know when you see those Megabus deals in future for £1....

It's just cultural norms. Eating solidified rancid milk disgusts many Chinese, but we can't get enough of cheese.
Or eating UK food products made with mechanically recovered ‘meat’ ie sludge meat paste, skin, fat & gristle 🤢

Great...they've been in York...transported to Hull, past my house...and then all over the north of England by the look of it. I think this is a conspiracy to kill us off so they don't need to build the northern section of HS2.

5-7 is the normal incubation. I think 14 is the longest seen but is not the norm.

Still, I agree, this seems foolish and not something worth taking a risk over.
Not just that, but surely the company is liable for those drivers?! Yes they're getting paid leave whilst quarantined, but what about when (if) they get ill? Surely it would have been cheaper to just give them suitable PPE

Not just that, but surely the company is liable for those drivers?! Yes they're getting paid leave whilst quarantined, but what about when (if) they get ill? Surely it would have been cheaper to just give them suitable PPE
Dunno. Looks a bit dangerous to drive like that to be honest

I’m sure these drivers have volunteered & know the potential risks of becoming ill.

i live in county durham, if that's where you are, message me... :)

when I lived in germany (back in the 90s_) i used to buy lads mags to read - from the likes of esquire to GQ etc... and there was an interview with tony curtis - and he spoke about the 'brat pack' and his faceman of america business cards (I made one myself haha, but that's another story..)

but his ethos was - if it moves then fcuk it, if it doesn't move, then fcuk it until it does..!!

I'm not quite that bad..!

5472.jpg

This photo puzzles me.
Why is there a giant duck sitting at the front of the bus?

Was just listening to Prof Trudie Lang, one of the best tropical medicine researchers in the world, who said that while we are taking all the necessary containment precautions it is quite possible that this will not be fatal outside China, and feel like a bad flu to its sufferers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom