2019 Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) hits the UK

richp007

Distinguished Member
You would hope that they didn't pick Saturday just because it's the 4th of July. But then again this is Boris!
They likely picked Saturday cos they want to hit the ground running.

Now there will be a lot of people hitting the ground for sure, and a lot of hitting besides that too.

vu599536

It’s more than that. The customers will go on and on about it.

Not been at work since 11th March as had surgery a few days later and returning back on Wednesday.

I remember my last week at work when the loo roll panic buying started and I couldn’t get away from customers speculating rubbish

Lee

A strong message from the government. Schools and non essential shops to close in Leicester and no non essential travel to, from Leicester. To be reviewed after 2 weeks.

IronGiant

Victoria Derbyshire just read out the full list of areas outside Leicester City affected so it should be on line soon.

IronGiant

@vu599536 does this help?

A map outlining what areas of Leicester and Leicestershire are included in the new lockdown restrictions has been published.

All of the city will remain under a stricter lockdown than the rest of England along with suburb towns including Glen Parva, Wigston and Birstall.
1593508672375.png

Map

Leicestershire County CouncilCopyright: Leicestershire County Council
All non-essential businesses in these area will need to close or remain closed for an additional two weeks from today.

Schools will also close on Thursday to children whose parents are not key workers.

The localised lockdown is to be written into law, Health Secretary Matt Hancock confirmed earlier.

vu599536

Yes my area is in the zone.:(

Have a back up hair appointment which I made 2 weeks ago for 30th July in a district outside the zone and is about 4 miles from the border.

Heard:
. Panic buying of loo roll has returned :rolleyes:
. People abusing hairdressers etc because of their appointment is cancelled. It's got nothing to do with the hairdressers for goodness sake. If I was a hairdresser, I would not bother to rebook an appointment with them even though they have been a regular customer for years.

Schools are scheduled to close for the summer hols next Friday (10th) anyway.

fat jez

Have a back up hair appointment which I made 2 weeks ago for 30th July in a district outside the zone and is about 4 miles from the border.
You'd leave the lockdown area for a hair appointment? o_O Assuming it's still in place a month from now.

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
@vu599536 does this help?

A map outlining what areas of Leicester and Leicestershire are included in the new lockdown restrictions has been published.

All of the city will remain under a stricter lockdown than the rest of England along with suburb towns including Glen Parva, Wigston and Birstall.
View attachment 1326558

View attachment 1326557
Leicestershire County CouncilCopyright: Leicestershire County Council
All non-essential businesses in these area will need to close or remain closed for an additional two weeks from today.

Schools will also close on Thursday to children whose parents are not key workers.

The localised lockdown is to be written into law, Health Secretary Matt Hancock confirmed earlier.
Seems a bit excessive... new strain perhaps?

Targets hairdressers...?

iangreasby

You'd leave the lockdown area for a hair appointment? o_O Assuming it's still in place a month from now.
I assume that would be classed as non-essential travel/purpose so would technically be unlawful. No doubt many hundreds of others will make similar journeys though.

maddy

The state of journalism - well the Daily Mail anyway - in the UK. Look at those numbers - some places have doubled their number of cases, from 1 to 2!

1593526573221.png

vu599536

If the lockdown is still in place (please god no) in a month's time, then it won't go ahead. My mum was supposed to have an appt at the same salon in a week's time and been rescheduled the day before mine as unable to do anyone's hair that lives in the lockdown zone

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
If the lockdown is still in place (please god no) in a month's time, then it won't go ahead. My mum was supposed to have an appt at the same salon in a week's time and been rescheduled the day before mine as unable to do anyone's hair that lives in the lockdown zone
What is it with the hair dude? No, really?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Laser Projectors, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon

Latest News

QDC Blue Dragon earphones on sale in UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
TV licence fee now applies to over 75s from 1st Aug
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
New H.266 video codec promises 50 percent data saving
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Toshiba launches UL20 4K HDR TVs from £299
  • By Andy Bassett