Quantcast

2019 Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) hits the UK

BeardlessKoala

Omg. I was so blazing when I wrote that post a few pages back. Was heavy emotional at all the love the NHS was getting. I can't believe there are barely any typos. Could barely see two inches in front of me :rotfl:

No it's not the chinese are lying about their Numbers,Mr Trump said :facepalm:
Not that it is a competition nor that 2nd place is any better, but he isn't wrong about that. I wished the WHO wasn't so super polite about China in their public statements. It is very clear that there has been disinformation from the start. And we should not be afraid to be honest about that.

The Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Has anyone found a good, solid review of the symptoms and time frame for them after infection?
I’ll let you know.

Wife has just woken up with the symptoms - she’s pretty sure she’s got it - and as a Doc, she should know!

Which will most likely mean I’ve got, or will get it.

So, Day 1, Occasional dry cough, slight headache and nausea - she tends to get most things sub-clinically, so hoping this will be the same.

tigermad

Distinguished Member
I’ll let you know.

Wife has just woken up with the symptoms - she’s pretty sure she’s got it - and as a Doc, she should know!

So, Day 1, Occasional dry cough, slight headache and nausea - she tends to get most things sub-clinically, so hoping this will be the same.
:-( I’ve had a headache the past few days and a bit of a cough but nothing really. Feel ok in general. I’m worried now :-(

Last edited:

LM1405

Suspended
Is this the best he can come up with, what makes it worse his brain dead supporters will believe him?
China has lied from the start and continues to lie each and everyday. I would not be surprised if China's figures could be multiplied by 10 and that might be somewhere near the truth.

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
China has lied from the start and continues to lie each and everyday. I would not be surprised if China's figures could be multiplied by 10 and that might be somewhere near the truth.
And of course Trump is renown for his honesty?

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
Nobody trusts what China are saying in all of this.

I really hope we don’t find out that China has done something awful especially in light of how many deaths are expected to hit the USA in the coming weeks.

Har-One

It seems to have gone straight over your head. This has nothing to do with Trumps honesty its about whether China is being truthful which they haven't been and continue to lie.
How do you know for certain that China has been lying about the pandemia? Is there a bit of bias there?

How do you know for certain that China has been lying about the pandemia? Is there a bit of bias there?
There has been investigative reporting done into that. The search for UKs patient zero seem to corroborate that as well when you take a look at the timelines. It’s quite clear that this started well before the Chinese government came forward with this.

Har-One

Nobody trusts what China are saying in all of this.
Mostly those who have strong personal opinions and/or love a good conspiracy theory.

I am more concern with our own government that was watching the writing on the wall, well in advance and did not prepare to have enough testing kits to test, test, test and isolate those who needed to be isolated to contain the virus. Instead, they were betting on herd immunity.

Har-One

There has been investigative reporting done into that. The search for UKs patient zero seem to corroborate that as well when you take a look at the timelines. It’s quite clear that this started well before the Chinese government came forward with this.
What about the ski resort in Austria which knew very well about the virus and kept its mouth shut so the ski season would not be affected? When it comes to honesty we are not a beacon of truth.

reiteration

So just finished watching Contagion with the missus, saw it when it was released obviously didn’t resonate nearly as much as it did today, freaked her the hell out as she hadn’t seen it before, it’s spooky how much is relevant. Now to try and get some sleep!! Fun times...
where did you watch it? - I'm sure I aw it on Netflix within the last year but doesn't seem to be there now?

adam-burnley

Distinguished Member
I’ll let you know.

My wife has had a dry cough and really bad head aches. 111 says isolate so we're all now isolating. Sad thing is she's a care worker looking after people in their homes, and she's more worried about them than herself.

The company she works for are slowly losing its workforce, although hopefully over a rolling 14 day window will be able to cope.

What about the ski resort in Austria which knew very well about the virus and kept its mouth shut so the ski season would not be affected? When it comes to honesty we are not a beacon of truth.
Agreed and I highlighted that already. But that wasn’t the source either. But so far it doesn’t look like it was the Austrian government suppressing this information. China should have become clean much earlier, so it wouldn’t have spread to that resort ;)

Har-One

Agreed and I highlighted that already. But that wasn’t the source either. But so far it doesn’t look like it was the Austrian government suppressing this information. China should have become clean much earlier, so it wouldn’t have spread to that resort ;)
That has been said but the recent chat of Xi and Trump, Trump change the tune. There have been a lot of use of Chinese virus and memes vilifying China. They claim that they were very transparent about the pandemic. Whether they lied or not we had enough time to prepare and we didn’t

nheather

Distinguished Member
Is the UK under reporting, or is our care worse, or do we have more underlying conditions.

I ask because when you look at figures per county, and excluding the outliers, the UK has one of the worst death rates. As an example, comparing with Germany

Germany, 47278 cases, 281 deaths which equates to a 0.59% death rate
UK, 11658 cases, 578 deaths which equates to a 4.96% death rate

Why is our death rate over 8x larger than Germany?

Maybe it is because we admitting to hospital much later in the infection cycle than Germany - thereby, under-reporting.

Cheers,

Nigel

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
Has anyone found a good, solid review of the symptoms and time frame for them after infection?
nope
Whilst it seems fever and continuous dry cough was what to expect, it seems over the last week or so the symptoms have grown and developed. All those laughing about the toilet paper, saying “it doesn’t make you sh*t yourself” and now it seems that upset stomach is effecting some.

mine started Friday into Saturday with hindsight. Real bad headache and tiredness. Proper grumpy tiredness the like I can’t remember even when doing night shifts.

Saturday night I started to feel real cold and achy. Teeth chattering uncontrollably cold. It last a few minutes. I got into bed and the sweats started. Hot and clammy. Proper restless nights sleep

Sunday it continued. Hot and sweaty. Nothing intolerable but it wasn’t nice. Then Sunday evening the coughing started. Cough is hard to describe. Proper dry and scratchy cough. A cough for no reason. There is no tickle leading up to it. I just cough. Happens a couple of times an hour for most of the day and worse in afternoon.

Tuesday was when I noticed shortness of breath. Again nothing major. I can breath. I can talk without getting breathless but it’s tight. I can tell I’m not filling my lungs. Like I get to a certain point and can take no more oxygen in. Chest is sore and heavy. Akin to maybe after starting exercise and how feels after a couple of days.

I also realised Tuesday / Wednesbury that I have no sense of smell or taste. Never even noticed to start but then read was a symptom. I have no blocked nose at all. Can breath in an out via nose with ease. It’s not blocked. It’s not runny. But I cant smell. Filled the lid of a quite pungent aftershave with the contents and sniffed. Nothing

My symptoms have remained like that now. The sweats have gone mind. I showered yesterday and changed into shorts and t shirt. I’m still in bed. I can get up and walk round house but soon get tired and it’s comfier tomorrow lie down.

Lee

where did you watch it? - I'm sure I aw it on Netflix within the last year but doesn't seem to be there now?
Don't know where safcalibur watched it but it is on ITV2 next Thursday at 12:45am.

Latest News

Huawei launches Vision X65 OLED TV in China
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Virgin Media adds more free Sky channels
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney Plus reaches 50 million subscribers globally
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung to end Smart View app support on older TVs
  • By Andy Bassett