Quantcast

2019 Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) hits the UK

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
11,658 confirmed cases in UK as well. Almost 2000 jump from yesterday if I’m not mistaken. :(
28F3EE18-A810-4B10-82C8-39595D8C1072.jpeg

Aj33

Distinguished Member
so, around 100 deaths in one day?

as these seem to be yesterdays ?
View attachment 1273853
Mate, I wouldn’t use that for live figures. Maybe first thing in the morning when it will be fully up to date.

Those 12 are from today reported earlier by each country excluding England where the majority of deaths are occurring for now.

Aj33

Distinguished Member
Seems like yesterday’s figures were a stop gap between reporting changes.

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
So 115 deaths in 24 hrs for the UK, 107 of those were in England with the age range of those being 32-102. All but 2 of those who sadly passed away had underlying health condition. Just seen reported on sky news :(

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
Seems like yesterday’s figures were a stop gap between reporting changes.
Makes you wonder if the spike is down to the changes as well. A few more that should have been included in previous numbers.

One can hope...

Edit: Holly crap!

New cases +2,129
New deaths: +113

Last edited:

Aj33

Distinguished Member
Makes you wonder if the spike is down to the changes as well. A few more that should have been included in previous numbers.

One can hope...
That’s why I think tomorrow’s number will be more Interesting.

deans6571

...problem is, is that we are still on the upward trend of additional positive cases and deaths each day so the figures will be increasing as each day passes, sadly.

☹

Aj33

Distinguished Member
...problem is, is that we are still on the upward trend of additional positive cases and deaths each day so the figures will be increasing as each day passes, sadly.

☹
We are going to be going up for 1-2 months. It’s just how fast?!

deans6571

I’m sorry but this whole “stand outside and clap the NHS” thing is ridiculous - news reporters on TV talking to house owners all standing outside on their driveways/porches ALL LESS THAN 2 METRES AWAY FROM EACH OTHER FOR FOX SAKE....

So much for Social Distancing or does it not count tonight???!

:facepalm:

Aj33

Distinguished Member
I’m sorry but this whole “stand outside and clap the NHS” thing is ridiculous - news reporters on TV talking to house owners all standing outside on their driveways/porches ALL LESS THAN 2 METRES AWAY ***.

:facepalm:
I just agreed with my wife that we would do it! :laugh:

although we will be nowhere near our neighbours, large driveways help with this. Others should do from doorway or through window which ever is safest.

Mevlock

Scary times,time for greater lockdown ? :(
You have to realise that it will take weeks for measures to show up in the figures as having had any affect.

The additional measures from last weekend and on Monday won't show up for at least another two to three weeks.

iangreasby

I agree, yesterday's was a blip it seems. I would guess today's figure of 115 includes a lot that missed the cut-off for yesterday. More realistic that the 2 day figure is 156. If they are now back on track for true 24 hour counting, then tomorrow's will be a better indicator.

stiv674

I don't think there's much point over analysing the increases at the moment, there is literally nothing that we can do to change it, as posted above it will be a couple more weeks before we see what effect this lock down is having.

Aj33

Distinguished Member
Seeing some analysts saying to expect 3-figure daily increases everyday going forward.

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
I agree, yesterday's was a blip it seems. I would guess today's figure of 115 includes a lot that missed the cut-off for yesterday. More realistic that the 2 day figure is 156. If they are now back on track for true 24 hour counting, then tomorrow's will be a better indicator.
exactly and with the view to see how things go over the next week and a half to see where we really are going. We know it’s upwards, that’s a given but we want to see just how drastic it’s going to get. It’s still very early days.

Latest News

Huawei launches Vision X65 OLED TV in China
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Virgin Media adds more free Sky channels
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney Plus reaches 50 million subscribers globally
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung to end Smart View app support on older TVs
  • By Andy Bassett