2019 Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) hits the UK

I am finding very difficult to be concerned with this issue given the deaths from ordinary flu annually run into the hundreds of thousand whereas this has caused a couple of hundred and its predecessor, SARS less than a thousand.
But I accept I might not fully understand the issues.

Well, I suppose it had to arrive at some point, our local public schools have a large Asian pupil base and the local rag said they're testing them just in case.

bloody hell.jpg

When they ban underground Live animal markets this will put an end to it all, once and for all.
If they're underground markets, doesn't that mean they're already banned? :D

Well, I suppose it had to arrive at some point, our local public schools have a large Asian pupil base and the local rag said they're testing them just in case.

Hard to know where to start with this. Probably best I don't actually, except to say I suggest you stop reading whatever your "local rag" is.

When they ban underground Live animal markets this will put an end to it all, once and for all.

I doubt that will ever happen effectively, as many Chinese like to select their meat live and then have it killed in front of them.

This outbreak probably won't deter forever, and in time the process will still have a market and return. The danger will always be there.

I doubt that will ever happen effectively, as many Chinese like to select their meat live and then have it killed in front of them.

This outbreak probably won't deter forever, and in time the process will still have a market and return. The danger will always be there.

The standard meat isn't the problem. Its the historical health rubbish they believe such as bat wings, tadpoles, frogs hearts etc that's what needs banning as that's the cause of all these diseases

1580474010861.png

How would it be if they are part of a large family, some went home for Chinese new year, now have the virus and kids get it and start dying? How do you think the disease will get here from China?

How many will be asking why was nothing done? Diseases don't care about political correctness, kids tend to play closely, and have weaker immune systems.

TB was practically eradicated in the UK, it has shot up due to migration.

I remember back in 2009 on the way back from Afghanistan you made a stop over at a middle eastern country. The aircraft flying in and out of Afghan had various kit to ensure the safety of the aircraft. Once out of Afghan airspace you then changed to an ordinary aircraft for the rest of the journey.

At this middle eastern country there was a screening programme done to find out if anyone on board had a high temperature and if you did, no onward travel. Considering it was for R&R this would have been a bit of a downer.

This was around at the time.

I am finding very difficult to be concerned with this issue given the deaths from ordinary flu annually run into the hundreds of thousand whereas this has caused a couple of hundred and its predecessor, SARS less than a thousand.
But I accept I might not fully understand the issues.

You understand better than most, this is exactly correct. Fatality rate of nCoronavirus so far is around 2%, not much worse than some of the flu viruses that spread every year or so in many countries. Nothing to worry about if you're otherwise-healthy. The old and those with weak immune systems should take basic precautions.

As usual the media are over-hyping it to sell more papers, as they do with everything.

Last edited:
As usual the media are over-hyping it to sell more papers, as they do with everything.
Not sure it is just the media, society today is full of nambi pambi snowflakes who go over the top whenever there is a scare of any sort. You can bet loads of the chattering classes have been out buying masks.

Not sure it is just the media, society today is full of nambi pambi snowflakes who go over the top whenever there is a scare of any sort. You can bet loads of the chattering classes have been out buying masks.

I agree that too many are 'snowflakes' who overreact to everything these days.

But if you are quite young or old or have a weakened immune system, wearing a mask when around lots of other people (e.g. school/shopping centre/busy train station) is a sensible precaution, it certainly can't do any harm.

It seems to be hitting the elderly the hardest, I suppose this is the same for flu.

These things never bothered me when I was younger but now I have young kids I don't like it one bit.

If it's here already it shows just how piss poor we are at managing these things, just imagine if it was really a truly devastating virus that was going about. The human race would be wiped out in no time.

The standard meat isn't the problem. Its the historical health rubbish they believe such as bat wings, tadpoles, frogs hearts etc that's what needs banning as that's the cause of all these diseases
makes me fudgeing angry that current Chinese demand for this crap, only for status/appearance and their quack medicine - is seriously putting numerous species in peril

tbh I have very little sympathy for deaths directly attributable to that, as with gored bullfighters

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom