2018 Share Competition

^^^
Nope:blush:

All my 3-4 picks started the year off well, save for the AIM (typical) stock:rolleyes:

I have transferred the shares into an excel spreadsheet but the "Upload a File" button does not like it. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Sorry can’t help. But I’m thinking/hoping my Shares will be the winners.

You can put a table in a post - like this

User|Category|Share|Start price
Imbw|FTSE100|Lloyds|77.4
Deantown|AIM|SSX|23.2

Screenshot_20180112-173443__01.jpg

OK one month in and I still have no clue on how to upload a file. The previous post on how to upload a file mean nothing to me. How do I upload the excel file I have built for this? Simple instructions are much appreciated!

OK one month in and I still have no clue on how to upload a file. The previous post on how to upload a file mean nothing to me. How do I upload the excel file I have built for this? Simple instructions are much appreciated!
Screen capture it and add it as a photo would be the easiest way?

and the 1st month's results are in......

upload_2018-2-1_23-53-11.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-1_23-51-43.png
    upload_2018-2-1_23-51-43.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 69
  • upload_2018-2-1_23-52-14.png
    upload_2018-2-1_23-52-14.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 71
It's been a while and here is the update so far. As you can see there is the usual mixed bag between the good, the so so, and the downright ugly....

Attachments

• AV-share-comp 2018.png
    AV-share-comp 2018.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 69
It's a difficult thing picking a share that will rise over a year . In reality I usually sell once I have hit a certain percentage rise or fall.
Aim listed shares are always volatile as Pantheon Resources prove .

Steve & Welby, yes indeed it is hard to pick shares (contrary to what many say). This is a bit of fun but highlights some pros and cons of dabbling in shares. As for why we picked what we picked - we all had sound reasoning at the start, we all picked winners. At this stage some are in poor health but it has some time to run. Who knows how things will turn out, which is all part of the fun.

I do trade mainly, through ISA and SIPP and usually research through ADVFN using various tools such as toplists and highlighting phrases in financial reports.
That said I still occasionally come unstuck however, I now sell once a particular level has been reached.
Interesting to see the number of AIM shares on people's picks, I always find these extremely high risk and the bid offer spread can be significant.

We will see how it pans out over the year.

I am actually doing ok with my portfolio as I sold all my shares and only reinvested £7.5k in a stocks and shares ISA. (I have bought a plot so needed the rest). I recently sold my original £1k stake in Bahamas petroleum and bought Pennon with it which seems to have been a good move. My portfolio is now at £8.9k so not a bad return for a few months.

I am actually doing ok with my portfolio as I sold all my shares and only reinvested £7.5k in a stocks and shares ISA. (I have bought a plot so needed the rest). I recently sold my original £1k stake in Bahamas petroleum and bought Pennon with it which seems to have been a good move. My portfolio is now at £8.9k so not a bad return for a few months.

Nice dividends declared , good work

So month 8 completed - is there any way back for those companies that are on the ropes and punch drunk? Only 6/15 showing a profit.
upload_2018-9-2_22-38-40.png

Difficult thing to pick shares that will be up over a year. A lot can happen and under normal circumstances I would take profits or cut losses .

Aim shares are always particularly volatile (uk oil and Gas)

OK end of month 9. To keep the suspense going, I will leave the final reveal on 31st Dec, then the autopsy can begin!

upload_2018-10-1_22-15-20.png

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom