2018 Panasonic's

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by AV Monkey, Jul 21, 2018.

1. AV Monkey

AV Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Hi everyone. So does anyone have one of the new panasonic 2018 led tv's. I looking to upgrade my old panny pz85 plasma now its 10 years old. I want to go bigger like 65inch. Looking at the fx600 fx700 or fx740 from currys. Want the best I can for my money but I've decided against the Sony fx9005, I don't want to spend £2000. Any experiance of the Panasonic's I'd be interested in hearing about cheers. From what I've read and heard they look like good performers.

2. AV Monkey

AV Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Mmmm. Just sat and read the 2018 panasonic line up thread. Very interesting and leaves me straight back at square one. So it's either buy the Sony 65inch fx9000 or pay an extra several hundred quid for an oled or compromise on tv size and go down to a 55inch oled in budget. But not be able to appreciate it due to viewing distance anyway. Round and round in circles I give up.

3. alinktothepast

alinktothepast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    @AV Monkey - I would suggest that if you are going for a Panansonic LED - you are best off with the FX750.

I suppose if viewing angles are important to you, you'd want either an IPS LED TV or an OLED. Hope that helps!

4. SimonTSM

SimonTSM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have just has a TX-55CX580b repalcedby Panasonic under warranty for the FX700b, I'm a little puzzled if the new TV is any better, if not worse.

While the IPS has better off axis colour, the vibrance and black point are awful. I welcome it has HDR but it isn't very good with shadow detail being awful. Finding the FX700 to be very hard to calibrate. The CX580 colour deltas were pretty close to perfect. I'm without a Spyder to calibrate so I have no idea how far the FX700 is.

5. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,411
    @SimonTSM thats an IPS panel compared to VA for you. No idea about accuracy though, Panasonic have been good with this out of the box in the past even on cheaper models.