Quantcast

2018 iPad Pro

Brooktop

This looks reasonably positive but I'm slightly concerned that nothing is coming up (with ease) on Google or You Tube. I would have thought somebody would have written or done a video on the matter by now. I can't be the only one wanting to watch my iTunes library on the TV without having to buy an Apple TV device. I know that Apple TV app IS coming to smart TVs at the end of the year, but having recently bought a 2018 OLED, I'm not buying another just for that.

mtenga

Distinguished Member

mtenga

Distinguished Member
I’m starting to get frequent freezes, particularly in safari. I sometimes can’t scroll or type without turning the screen off and on again. Likewise when typing my passcode. This is my first Pro and disappointing. Anyone else?

mtenga

Distinguished Member

UMAR 3:16

Distinguished Member
so I have sold my trusty 9.7inch iPad Pro and am now on the hunt for a new iPad. two choices, 10.5icnch pro or 11inch, question is it worth buying the 11inch in terms of its life cycle? will it be updated this year? it costs quite a lot more than my 9.7iinch pro costs all those years back...

Inked

Distinguished Member
so I have sold my trusty 9.7inch iPad Pro and am now on the hunt for a new iPad. two choices, 10.5icnch pro or 11inch, question is it worth buying the 11inch in terms of its life cycle? will it be updated this year? it costs quite a lot more than my 9.7iinch pro costs all those years back...
All the chatter online is that Apple are unlikely to be updating the iPad Pro models this year as they are so powerful already.

I’d go for the 11 over the 10.5

Distinguished Member
All the chatter online is that Apple are unlikely to be updating the iPad Pro models this year as they are so powerful already.

I’d go for the 11 over the 10.5
Why so? There is a massive cost difference between the two....

Inked

Distinguished Member
Why so? There is a massive cost difference between the two....
Larger display in almost identical size product
A12X rather than A10X chip, should be a more capable machine with support and OS updates for longer
Apple Pencil 2 support
More up to date Bluetooth (5.0)

Distinguished Member
Picked up a 10.5 pro 256gb with Apple Pencil for £350 in the end. Well happy with purchase and price point. Just couldn’t justify the hundreds more for the 11inch

Distinguished Member

Inked

Distinguished Member
Gumtree. After extensive negotiations. It was priced at £600.
Ah, I thought we were talking about buying from a retailer where the price difference would have been closer to £200 between the 10.5" and 11" £256gb models

Distinguished Member
Ah, I thought we were talking about buying from a retailer where the price difference would have been closer to £200 between the 10.5" and 11" £256gb models
Sorry should have made that clear

Sunshinewelly

Distinguished Member
you can get the 11inch models on offer if quick enough. They were being sold for £519 yesterday at currys and hence at John Lewis

swall101

I’m starting to get frequent freezes, particularly in safari. I sometimes can’t scroll or type without turning the screen off and on again. Likewise when typing my passcode. This is my first Pro and disappointing. Anyone else?
I’m getting this constantly now... really frustrating. Did your reset work? Did you redo load your existing profile from iCloud once done? Cheers

iPad Pro 12.9 btw.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
I’m getting this constantly now... really frustrating. Did your reset work? Did you redo load your existing profile from iCloud once done? Cheers

iPad Pro 12.9 btw.
I'd say it partially worked. I still get the occasional freeze and have to switch the screen off and on again. Yes I restored from iCloud.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
I'll be right on that. Worth a shot.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
A week in and I’ve had no freezes. So cautiously optimistic that the suggested fix works.

R1DDS

Had my iPad Pro 12.9” since launch last year and I suffered with bend gate, it’s got a lot worse and I have to keep bending it back and it’s created a crack from me doing this, I have setup a repair with Apple.

E68EC29E-B3EB-49D5-877A-3EA1833883B6.jpeg 10C6EF7D-7AED-4CCE-9DFD-F302365C91FE.jpeg