2017 Panasonic tx-50EX750b vs 2015 Sony KD-49X8309C...

EcoViewer

Novice Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question...

With advice from the forum members I have ordered a Panasonic tx-50EX750b. The plan was for this to be our second telly, wall mounted in our dining room.

Our current ‘main’ TV is a two year old Sony KD-49X8309C. We are quite happy with this where it is, but it got me thinking...

In deciding to buy the EX750 I disregarded various alternatives including the 2017 Sony XE80/83 models, as the Panny seemed to have a better spec.

Although it was cheaper, is it likely that the new Panasonic will be better than our existing Sony? If so, is it likely to be noticeable?

I know I could wait for delivery and run them side by side, but if the difference is obvious to you guys I may as well move the Sony to the dining room now and set the better TV up in the lounge. If they are pretty similar, the Sony can stay where it is.

Both TVs will be used for watching a mixture of content often on HD channels through VM cable, HD sport on BT sport HD, DVDs and possibly UHD stuff in the future.

Thanks!

The 50" EX750 is the best option currently for that size if you are primarily using 4K content.

It mostly likely won't be any better than your Sony for FHD, this is due to a variety of reasons but HD looks better on a 720p or 1080p screen rather than a 4k screen.

SD looks terrible on a 4K screen compared to a FHD.

To tell the difference between FHD and UHD, you need to sit 1.03m from a 55" tv.

This would be a lot closer for a 50".

Better in what respect? The Panasonic should perform a lot better in the dark with things like deeper blacks, higher contrast and a more uniform screen. It will also have worse viewing angles than the Sony.

Motion its hard to know, both TVs using 120hz panels but the Panasonic you may find you need to use motion enhancements more to clear up blur and judder.

But otherwise very little difference.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom