Oled Yellow/Red Tint

Does your Oled have tint that can be seen in normal content?

• Total voters
Looks about the same as mine. Anyone has switched their 65C7 and got one that is noticeably better? I really am a bit worried that replacing it will result in zero improvement since it seems a common problem. Btw, my C7 has been bought a few days ago, no idea what it has been manufactured.
Mine have all roughly had the same uniformity with the same darkest band 2/3 of the way along. 55" didn't notice the banding, all the 65" I have.
All have had yellow tint but in different places.
My current one seems to have more pop but it could all be in my head, I haven't measured light output.
It's annoying as it's so good to watch.
Maybe I'm being too picky (had friends round today and they told me I am) but when you see it, you can't help but hey miffed.

Attachments

• IMG_1008.JPG
    IMG_1008.JPG
    742.1 KB · Views: 505
I boxed mine up as good as new but the remote packaging had been opened and the white bands that hold the box together
cut. While currys could put new ones on, my 4 so far have all been brand new so not sure what they do with them.
At the right price they would be worth it even with yellow banding to someone if you knew what the issue was as the picture is still stunning.
I see, but some other poster said currys only lose out on the delivery fuel, so i guess they claim the money back from LG then ? as if currys sale them used/returned for like £200 less, they already lost that.

I see, but some other poster said currys only lose out on the delivery fuel, so i guess they claim the money back from LG then ? as if currys sale them used/returned for like £200 less, they already lost that.
I was told by Currys on my last return that all they do is send them back to LG. No idea if this is true though. They seemed to want me to have another rather than a refund.

I was told by Currys on my last return that all they do is send them back to LG. No idea if this is true though. They seemed to want me to have another rather than a refund.
As ive said on here before ,if its within 14 days LG insist on replacement ,Currys have no say in the matter

Mine have all roughly had the same uniformity with the same darkest band 2/3 of the way along. 55" didn't notice the banding, all the 65" I have.
All have had yellow tint but in different places.
My current one seems to have more pop but it could all be in my head, I haven't measured light output.
It's annoying as it's so good to watch.
Maybe I'm being too picky (had friends round today and they told me I am) but when you see it, you can't help but hey miffed.
Damn, your picture there looks rather distracting. I guess this is worst case scenario image.

Worst case scenario indeed. Those living with plasmas as an interim can tell you that it's easy to put slides up on plasma displays that make them look really poor, any of them. Question is does it matter in normal content (I mean apart from documentaries about snow leopards).

Damn, your picture there looks rather distracting. I guess this is worst case scenario image.
Any B&W film will have it, now in fairness it has to be (for My current set) an area of white within the central frame. Any white scene, snow, ice hockey .... you will see it.
Was watching peppa pig the other day with the kids, so an example if the sky is all the same colour of blue, just a blue block, I can see not a yellow tint but a difference in the blue block in that central section.
Most other content you won't see it.
I have been enjoying the set all week until Peppa reminded me.
Over the last month it's been Game of Thrones as there are many snow scenes and I see it every time!

Last edited:
Worst case scenario indeed. Those living with plasmas as an interim can tell you that it's easy to put slides up on plasma displays that make them look really poor, any of them. Question is does it matter in normal content (I mean apart from documentaries about snow leopards).
Yes, game of thrones, any b&w film, even peppa pig.
On my 55" I could have lived with it, on the 65" I see it every now and then on non primarily white content so you do see it.
But from what has happened with me so far it looks like I am going to have to live with it. Still love the tv, but will be reminded throughout its lifetime of this issue

Edit:
Yet this morning kids have Blaze on via Netflix, blue skies are all beautifully blue, so it's very specific.
With time you may forget/accept it as we have done with all the issues plasma had.

Last edited:
Yes they send them back to LG, that's why they insist on a replacement rather than give people a few weeks to see if the set improves. As after 30 days Currys would have to deal with it themselves and would get costly very quickly

This is how my tv looks with either warm1 and warm2 when displaying a bright white background, viewed head-on. Feeling very unsure about this, replacing the tv or not... :( The little splotches at 1/3 of the screen is reflection of a window behind me, not a fault. So what do you guys think? Kinda normal for the 65C7, or should I definitely get it replaced?
(build 707 , so July 2017)

dZrERII.jpg

2PBNasU.jpg

One thing about oleds is that it's very hard to have perfect whites and there will be some kind of tint on the panels. There is almost always some kind of discolouration on the panel however mild and people need to accept that. Don't get me wrong, 3" tint down the left side which many people have is unacceptable imo and also the large pink tint some people have posted . But to get the same whites you see on a LCD is very rare imo.

Yeah I have decided to wait it out a bit and see how much it bothers me. I'm so in love with the hdr, the 4K, the colours and the amazing black levels that I really find very little to fault the tv. Yes the left side has a yellowish tint and (maybe because of this) looks a bit brighter when displaying pure white. For example when a PS4 message is displayed (white box on top left) the white box is clearly brighter on the left side. But will this make me hate the OLED...no. It's a minor issue, I see, I notice it in content but other aspects are so good about the picture that I really want to force myself to just try to enjoy it and see how it goes.

I always seem to unlucky when it comes to these things, and swapping it out for a new one is bound to showcase the same or other problems :/

in terms of loss, they will buy them in at half the retail price, so are making money all the time on them, even with a few quid off for managers specials.

Cant say i have seen any yellowish tint. Whites look pretty good.

I'm really debating if I should LG replace my panel. They confirmed to me on the phone that uniformity differences are the norm for these sets and that the yellow tint on the left side is nothing that will be fixed by replacing it :(

I'm really debating if I should LG replace my panel. They confirmed to me on the phone that uniformity differences are the norm for these sets and that the yellow tint on the left side is nothing that will be fixed by replacing it :(

True in that it does seem to be the norm 50% of the time, but false in that replacing the set will not fix it.

My first had a yellow tint along the top, by replacing it, it did fix it in that it was white across the top, unfortunately it was yellow down the left side. Replacing it, did fix it in that it was now white down the side, unfortunately yellow down the middle :)
So you may strike gold with your replacement or may see the same issue or issue moved to another part of the panel.

So far 1 had yellow top, 2 had yellow left hand side, current has yellow mid band.

Some are lucky and have all white, some have yellow free, but some pink.

Who needs to pay Philips for ambicolour when you can have your own for free!

Had to change my vote as the new set has the yellow tint down left hand side like the First e7:rolleyes:,not as severe but sometimes can be seen in content:(

Had to change my vote as the new set has the yellow tint down left hand side like the First e7:rolleyes:,not as severe but sometimes can be seen in content:(

:( disappointing to hear, mine is due next week, but not expecting to be any better.
Now is a left-hand band less noticeable than a band down the middle?
Was it an Aug build (not that I actually think build month actually matters this year)?

I also have Yellow Tint on my Panny 65EZ950E. Tests have stated that they observed Yellow Tint useing their tests material, but that the Tint was not visible in a normal viewing mode.

On my Panny it is visible. I really don´t know if I am heading for a replacement. Actually I could end up with a panel that is worse, as I have not observed banding or anything else - only Yellow Tint.

Strange that is so hard to find a panel with no failures.

I also have Yellow Tint on my Panny 65EZ950E. Tests have stated that they observed Yellow Tint useing their tests material, but that the Tint was not visible in a normal viewing mode.

On my Panny it is visible. I really don´t know if I am heading for a replacement. Actually I could end up with a panel that is worse, as I have not observed banding or anything else - only Yellow Tint.

Strange that is so hard to find a panel with no failures.

Disappointing to read this John, I've been following the Panasonic thread and it sounded like you had a good one a few days ago.
It seems to be a true lottery at the moment.
Even with a tint free panel it may have worse banding or it may be good.
I see mine in content hence this thread and I don't watch snow scenes all day long but if I watched ice hockey a lot it would have been sent back last month.
At £2700 I'm not accepting it.
The Panny is about a grand more...it's not on in my opinion.

Disappointing to read this John, I've been following the Panasonic thread and it sounded like you had a good one a few days ago.
It seems to be a true lottery at the moment.
Even with a tint free panel it may have worse banding or it may be good.
I see mine in content hence this thread and I don't watch snow scenes all day long but if I watched ice hockey a lot it would have been sent back last month.
At £2700 I'm not accepting it.
The Panny is about a grand more...it's not on in my opinion.
Yes after some 25 hours of operation I saw Yellow Tint. I did contact my Panny dealer, and I am now waiting for an answer or solution.

From what I read hear, it's becoming pretty clear that all panels have this issue more or less. Be at it the top, left, bottom, middle...Annoying and shouldn't be like this for a tv this price (not sure if qled has other similar problems too, haven't read about it). But then again it IS new tech and I suppose LG is improving their tech each year. I'm more and more thinking about just keeping it and learn to live with it, since replacing it apparently is far from guarantee for success.

From what I read hear, it's becoming pretty clear that all panels have this issue more or less. Be at it the top, left, bottom, middle...Annoying and shouldn't be like this for a tv this price (not sure if qled has other similar problems too, haven't read about it). But then again it IS new tech and I suppose LG is improving their tech each year. I'm more and more thinking about just keeping it and learn to live with it, since replacing it apparently is far from guarantee for success.
I nearly regret that I replaced my splendid 65DX900E with a Panny OLED, it was really not what I was looking for and expected.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom