• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ian_S

Distinguished Member
So... if ARC can't send a Dolby Atmos stream over HDMI... how exactly will this be of any benefit to 2016 OLED owners?

Billy Goodgun

Distinguished Member
So... if ARC can't send a Dolby Atmos stream over HDMI... how exactly will this be of any benefit to 2016 OLED owners?
I'm not sure that article has it right. HDMI can support Atmos (as per discussions on the 2017 OLED Netflix thread) - it's just that it's done using Dolby Digital Plus and it's not lossless.

You'd still need DD+ on both TV and receiver, mind.

antsims

Distinguished Member
I've signed it. It's atrocious we're not getting this. Also, where is the hlg update.

hakr

Prominent Member
Agree. Arc has the same limitations as optical? I.e. no hd audio and no 7.1 let alone atmos.

How would adding atmos to a TV with no way to output it to your speaker system make any sense? I don't get it?

MrNikeR

Established Member
Shame about this. I guess it's Atmos from external inputs is the best we can expect.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom