2016 and the MILC

Pete Delaney

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I know that some of you will probably change camera systems at least 3 times between now and Christmas :pbut maybe you should wait as early 2016 is going to see a flurry of new mirrorless machines. Rumours are afoot of several manufacturers announcing the next big MILC offering. Sony seems to be taking a lead with high resolution sensors and IBIS but one of my favs (Fuji) is due to release the X-Pro 2. Things look promising out there - it's about time I bought a new system too!!
Anyone waiting for a specific model to come out? Or are we all going to end up with medium format Hasselblads...
I do like what Sony are doing at the moment...certainly shaking the market and that X-Pro 2 has been 4 years in coming...maybe it has a quantum image sensor that takes images of your subject from other multiple universes and then selects the best one!:clap:

Only for those who are waiting for the prices to come down :eek:

Ill only ever pay launch price again for a camera I think is really worth it. IMO its a very bad (see stupid) idea for a system switcher.

So I've read... cameras must have great AF... I've fallen foul of mediocre AF performance too many times!!

Same here, for me its also a must. Mirrorless camera manufacturers make very bold statements regarding AF ime. Worlds fastest bla bla bla, yeah right.

Or are we all going to end up with medium format Hasselblads...
Haha go for it! Seems I started something where I am, someone else has just got a hassleblad digital back and blaming it all on me ;)

I thought it was my fault after I began posting the film shots I started scanning after getting the V750.

I'm still waiting on my mamiya 645 AFD to come back from the repair job. It's taking so long I've started to look at mamiya RZ 67's now. I need to seek help I think. 10 shots per film is a bit of an off put, plus the rather hefty weight. I think the phase one P65+ is probably going to remain a dream for me for a few years yet.

My Kalimar 6x6 needs repair before I can use it. I have found someone willing to take a look and quote for the job, but I think it's going to take a while too. Looking forward to trying film when it is sorted....going retro rather than looking forward to the latest and greatest new gadget.

I've not seen anything to indicate next year is going to be hugely different for the mirrorless cameras, I'm sure there will be improvements but overall the mirrorless market seems to be settling down.

John

I think things will only get better and better next year.

Last edited:
Oh, sorry, thought you said MILF :facepalm:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom