2015 Panasonic CX802 (TX-xxCX802B) owners thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I realise that but kbfern is saying that his shows 030003 which I think is why gubar was asking about 030002.

There is at least another forum member who shows 030003 so I wonder why and if 030002 is the same or any different to 030003 and which is the latest firmware.

The firmware download says it is 030002 but once firmware is applied on our sets it shows as 030003 but on others 030002 how strange.

There is at least another forum member who shows 030003 so I wonder why and if 030002 is the same or any different to 030003 and which is the latest firmware.

The firmware download says it is 030002 but once firmware is applied on our sets it shows as 030003 but on others 030002 how strange.
Just a thought but do you both have the CR852?

I noticed last night that it played for a minute or 2 at 1080p then eventually went to UHD, I noticed when I pressed the play button that it occasionally went back to 1080p, can't say I noticed any difference in quality but I was a bit tired by that point. Just noticed though that although I get a speedtest result of around 45Mb on my phone/tablet I'm only getting around 18Mb on the tv, not sure why but that could explain why it says it's reverting to 1080p. I think I will finally be getting around to putting that Cat.6 socket on the wires hanging out the wall behind the tv this afternoon.

mine is hardwired with cat6.

Just a thought but do you both have the CR852?
Good shout but looking back at sunshinewelly's posts he has a CX802 so that does not seem to be the common link

Mine also says 030002 but has the HDR HDMI settings. The only HDR source i have is Amazon which is showing the HDR logo on the details but the picture looks awful. Its super dark and the colours are over-saturated.

Mine also says 030002 but has the HDR HDMI settings. The only HDR source i have is Amazon which is showing the HDR logo on the details but the picture looks awful. Its super dark and the colours are over-saturated.
That can't be right. She you haven't reinstalled the Part 1 update.

Sounds like you haven't installed the part 2 update or it didn't install correctly. Try installing it again.

Mine says 030002 also but I have the hdmi hdr function and when its connected to the bd 900 it dosent say connect to a hdr tv anymore

Sounds like you haven't installed the part 2 update or it didn't install correctly. Try installing it again.

I've tried to install it again and it just says the update has already been installed. I also got the HDMI options so it has installed in part but clearly not correctly. I didnt get a message at the end of the installation either. The TV just turned itself back on.

Maybe its a case of personal preference but the Amazon HDR shows are practically unwatchable to me they are so dark. I have watched the mad dogs scene at 11 minutes and the headlights are blindingly bright but the rest of image is just dark washed out. Same with Bosch in the courthouse around 7 minutes. Looks like someone for to turn on the lights.

Looking back most people have 030002 so hopefully its right everything seems right on mine when bd900 starts up with hdmi 2 picture settings changing for hdr source ive not tried to reinstall mine as by the looks of it some already have and nothings changed

I'm in the 030003 camp...
Amazon was showing HDR before the USB update, after the USB update hdmi ports 1 to 3 now showing as HDR enabled etc.

Maybe the bright conditions but mad dogs looked just as good before this update, maybe later night dark room viewing reqd. for my old eyes to see a difference!

I'm in the 030003 camp...
Amazon was showing HDR before the USB update, after the USB update hdmi ports 1 to 3 now showing as HDR enabled etc.

Maybe the bright conditions but mad dogs looked just as good before this update, maybe later night dark room viewing reqd. for my old eyes to see a difference!
All my hdmi ports say enabled also so I'm now confused what is right lol

I've tried to install it again and it just says the update has already been installed. I also got the HDMI options so it has installed in part but clearly not correctly. I didnt get a message at the end of the installation either. The TV just turned itself back on.
I don't think anyone got a message at the end of the install. Have you tried turning the tv off at the wall for 30 seconds and switching it back on?

Ok then, to summarise, post HDR update and enabling on HDR on hdmi's:
1) UHD blurays look fantastic according to others (I don't have a player).
2) Amazon Prime plays HDR content successfully.
3) UHD HDR files played from USB still look washed out?
4) Not seen it mentioned, but has anyone played UHD HDR files from the media browser?

I look forward to updating my tv when I finish work tonight!

I never got the message either. Things weren't working for me straight after the update, but following a good old turn it off and back on again, all the settings appeared and started working as expected

Mines a cx802. I don't mean mad men it was mad dogs... Sorry..
There goes that idea then. I did wonder if that's what you meant.

Same here. Although when I played uhd mad men through Amazon the picture did not move from our 'Normal' (colourless washed out picture, which the wife enjoys) although when I changed it to true cinema it burst into life. Any body else have that?

Panasonic seem to prefer HDR true cinema settings to the AV Forums calibrated settings. Can't say I disagree as true cinema looks awesome for HDR

does anyone know if there is any new stock of these anywhere still?

Check the Panasonic Outlet store on Ebay for refurbished models. They tend to release them in batches so you need to keep checking. I got the 50Cx802b for £600.

does anyone know if there is any new stock of these anywhere still?

There's a few ex display in RS. I hunted high and low after my 50 popped a pixel after 2 days and got lucky with an ex display 55 in my local currys (I say lucky, still cost £1000 inc warranty). Good luck! I had great fun hunting them down!

Just spoke to a Netflix rep who told me that they got rid of the HDR tag. Super confusing but apparently we're already getting HDR. Either that or we won't be able to tell when it's HDR or not aside from a potential improvement in PQ.

I also mentioned their website still states that you should see the tag but apparently that will be updated soon...

Wish there was a button we could press that, no matter what the source, would tell us precisely what we are looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom