2015 Panasonic CX802 (TX-xxCX802B) owners thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One other thing I unzipped file before I put it on the stick rather than loaded it zipped like some have. I wonder whether this has anything to do with it.
Unzipped the file then took the file from inside that folder and put it on a clean usb stick, switched the tv on and followed the prompts, and that did it okay for me

Just seen an earlier post by someone who updated firmware ok and they said firmware showed 00030003 after update so it look like it's ok to go ahead.

Have now started it so ................. 10 mins and counting from now.

Might be sooner than you think mine probably took less than 5 minutes

When it gets to the end of update was the red light blinking or not & did yours restart or did you have to manually restart tv.

That was a very quick 10 mins, tv switched itself back on and firmware now showing 00030003 and tv is working fine. It took about 5-6mins in the end, cant check any HDR stuff though yet as I have no amazon prime or UHD player yet.

So come on Netflix get your finger out and put our tv's on your HDR enabled list please.

Do the updates remain installed after a factory reset?
Yes scr222 , no change but all logins and Panasonic Cloud have to be entered again. I normally have most inputs on Custom so I set one up and copy all to the rest.

Just another note on the second update, although only half a meg, there seems to be a big download while the Red light is flashing.

I've updated as suggested here and got the new options (rec 2020, enable HDR on HDMI) but software still showing 030002 in the menu - anyone else? I've been able to play HDR demos from a pen drive.

I can play the Lego movie and mad Max demos, but with no sound. The Sony camp demo plays with sound though.

ok so i get 4k streaming fast and well on you-tube and netflix. i want to test hdr on amazon prime, however amazon only shows HD 1080p at bets. if i watch motzart, initially it is very poor quiality then improves but only to HD. is this common, is there a setting somewhere which will improve it. are they throttling me ??
downloaded hdr clips..... mad max ok , but no sound..... as expected as demo file for shops
camping on beach.... very good.
life of PI washed out. ont as good as a pure 4k clip. maybe needs 10bit panel ?

The key to seeing what your CX802/CR852 is capable of in HDR and pure 4K is with a UHD Blu Ray player..

All I can say is the picture colours, brightness and black levels when watching a movie on my UB900 is amazing, massive difference from before and after the update.

ok so i get 4k streaming fast and well on you-tube and netflix. i want to test hdr on amazon prime, however amazon only shows HD 1080p at bets. if i watch motzart, initially it is very poor quiality then improves but only to HD. is this common, is there a setting somewhere which will improve it. are they throttling me ??
downloaded hdr clips..... mad max ok , but no sound..... as expected as demo file for shops

Improvement nice one on Amazon if you get UHD speeds. UHD discs with HDR active look a lot better!
However i still don't think HDR is working via the TV's USB media player. Exodus HDR clips via USB look washed out to me compared to the UB900 playing exodus with HDR enabled where it looks incredible.

I've updated as suggested here and got the new options (rec 2020, enable HDR on HDMI) but software still showing 030002 in the menu - anyone else? I've been able to play HDR demos from a pen drive.
That's the same as me. Looks like everything is in place and working though.

I see Netflix need to put our tv's on the list of HDR enabled tv's in order for us to watch their HDR films and series.

How will Netflix find out our tv's are now HDR enabled, will Panny be telling them, do we need to tell them or do Neflix scan sites like this to find out.

I noticed last night that it played for a minute or 2 at 1080p then eventually went to UHD, I noticed when I pressed the play button that it occasionally went back to 1080p, can't say I noticed any difference in quality but I was a bit tired by that point. Just noticed though that although I get a speedtest result of around 45Mb on my phone/tablet I'm only getting around 18Mb on the tv, not sure why but that could explain why it says it's reverting to 1080p. I think I will finally be getting around to putting that Cat.6 socket on the wires hanging out the wall behind the tv this afternoon.

There is a Philips UHD player coming in the next month or two and is expected to be sub £300 and thats what I am waiting for.
Unlikely. All articles I've read state $400 so by the time we get it, it'll be around £400.

The prices will come down soon enough. The Samsung was available from Amazon for under £350 at the beginning of the week.

Paul

where are my ratings ?

you are really funny. I have helped many usern today and treat me like dirt

Danke freund ... your help was much appreciated!

030002 IS the new HDR update software you installed. You are fully up to date and ready to go!
Thanks, I realise that but kbfern is saying that his shows 030003 which I think is why gubar was asking about 030002.

A big round of applause for Pit Cook he showed us the way:smashin:

That's the same as me. Looks like everything is in place and working though.

Same here. Although when I played uhd mad men through Amazon the picture did not move from our 'Normal' (colourless washed out picture, which the wife enjoys) although when I changed it to true cinema it burst into life. Any body else have that?

A big thanks to Pit Cook but why is it that the uk still don't have it on the Panasonic website.

Same here. Although when I played uhd mad men through Amazon the picture did not move from our 'Normal' (colourless washed out picture, which the wife enjoys) although when I changed it to true cinema it burst into life. Any body else have that?
Mad Men doesn't seem to be part of my Prime account and there's a charge to watch it so I can't check that for you. I can't believe that not a single series of it is available on Prime for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom