Quantcast

2015 Panasonic CX802 (TX-xxCX802B) Owners Thread Part 2

jon smith

I’ve noticed 3/4 small black marks on the TV - each like a couple of black diagonal pixels (I know not describing it well). Most easy to spot when gaming.

My first thought was dead pixels, but they were not there before.

youngsyp

Distinguished Member
I’ve noticed 3/4 small black marks on the TV - each like a couple of black diagonal pixels (I know not describing it well). Most easy to spot when gaming.

See if you can find an all white window test pattern on YouTube somewhere, that will show them up, if they are dead pixels.

And re them not being there before, not unusual with dead pixels as they can 'die' at anytime.

Paul

blackmesa8

If it looks like parts of the screen have got darker it is a backlight fault that seems to occur with these TV's.

Sebastalona

I’ve got a couple of these as well now. Thankfully not noticeable at normal viewing distance.

jon smith

See if you can find an all white window test pattern on YouTube somewhere, that will show them up, if they are dead pixels.

And re them not being there before, not unusual with dead pixels as they can 'die' at anytime.

Paul
Good idea :) did the white screen and the 4 of them are still there (they all seem to be in pairs of 2 dead pixels). Annoying but I guess not much I can do.

Will keep an eye out now though to see if the backlight fault also occurs while still in warranty.

jon smith

Now seems to be 8 pairs of dead pixels, so have contacted John Lewis to see what warranty situation is. Looks like a few folks on here have had backlight failures with these sets so don’t want to leave until is out of warranty.

wiz

Distinguished Member
Not noticed on mine.

Still going strong, was hoping it would fail by now (getting the itch)!

Alaric

Hi There,

I've got a 55" CR852 - The curved model variant - Oddly there doesn't seem to be an owners thread for it, so hence asking ideas here!

Bough 9/16 and has been great!

However the other night it turned off. I often miss the auto off 3 minute warning, so this wasn't anything that surprising. Red light at the bottom. I hit the remote and the red light flickered a bit more than usual and went out, but the TV didn't turn on!

My led bias lights, plugged into a USB socket stayed on - I've tried unplugging, even all cables over night. I've tried the power button behind the screen. Holding for 30 secs. Plugging the power whilst holding the button. Different power cable. And Nothing.

Any ideas. The screen was great and i've not had any issues before.

Ta,
Lee

simkna

Novice Member
Looks like we might be losing another one...
JL are sending someone round on Wed to have a look. Likely repair, or replace?
If the latter, what can I expect?
Si.

3113273F-BEA3-41C2-BD0A-20BE68A42E98.jpeg

Sebastalona

Looks like we might be losing another one...
JL are sending someone round on Wed to have a look. Likely repair, or replace?
If the latter, what can I expect?
Si.

View attachment 1269501
I recently had the exact same issue with mine. Currys took away to repair, then a week later contacted me stating they were replacing it instead.

7DDBD2A2-A8AF-4082-834E-82D1005031AC.jpeg

I’ll be honest I was surprised they didn’t repair it, as I looked on YouTube and the issue is a couple of lenses which diffuse the light from the LED’s behind the panel have became detached from the board. They literally just needed putting back in place.

Obviously more to it which made it economically unviable to repair.

Alaric

I got a bit of a run around on mine in regards to if in warranty.
Ended up taking the back off. LOTS of screws. Swapped out one board via ebay which cost a tenner, then spotted another power board, again about a tenner. Only a mainboard and board with a load of chips on it to go.....All are pretty cheap from good TVs that screens have been cracked, so DIY is pretty cheap :D

Alaric

OK....Two power boards tried, then i realised that there was a second power board. Tried that and no luck!
So i thought maybe the main board and swapped that one.....red light, whoop. Power on, green light, screen comes on and cycles through Red, Green, Blue, Black, White, it's nice and even colours and may make a poor mans disco but not really what i wanted!
Got another main board and this one is just solid white...it goes lighter and darker when pressing a button but. HMMM

I did do the HDR upgrade firmware thing on my TV....I've managed to find the files and things, but without the screen to navigate things I've no idea what i'm doing with a usb stick or even if that's the issue....

ANY IDEAS ???

I'd really like my big 55" 4K tv back as running on the backup 46" 1080p model!

Getting a new TV atm is like finding loo roll the other week!

Alaric

Can you not order one online? I keep getting emails from richer sounds
Having a look around and you certainly can. There's not much on offer due to supply and demand. RS are fair and the Panasonic outlet on ebay has a few bits.

A 65" GX820 led at £630 or a 55" GZ950 oled at £850 are both tempting. If i'm looking at getting a new thing i try to get a bit of an upgrade!

Shame when the panel itself is good and I liked the style of the curved screen and metal accents, which worked well on my TV cabinet (Massive American wooden thing with shelves and cupboards)