2015 Panasonic CX802 (TX-xxCX802B) Owners Thread Part 2

does youtube do 4k on the 55"

I recently bought the Amazon Fire 4K TV stick to go with my 50CX802B so that I could watch Netflix in HDR. Although the screen is not really bright enough for the HDR spec, in a darkened room it is fine and Our Planet looked absolutely stunning. Makes me think I don't need to look for an upgrade anytime soon.

I too just bought the amazon fire stick & also agree netflix HDR looks good on this tv.

Anyone have any problems with internet speed I get around 220-230 on pc/iPhone/iPad and Apple TV but just now 20-30 on the tv wired connection

I could cry

Attachments

• IMG_2141.JPG
    IMG_2141.JPG
    964.8 KB · Views: 120
Is it terminal?

Yes, I can't see anyway of fixing or even getting the parts to fix a fault like that yourself. Plus if you tried and do have A warranty it will ruin the warranty i expect.

If you had a 5 year warranty you should be able to get it either repaired or somekind of new Panasonic TV thats out now.

Would love to know what the current model would be to replace this ?

Noooooo, we're not losing another one are we?:D

It's getting picked up tomorrow. Doesn't sound good tho.
Looks like the current options are FX750 or GX800....
FX750 has the dual tuners, 4xHDMI & HDR & HLG.
GX800 has single tuner, 3HDMI, HDR(+), HLG, DV but only 50hz screen.

Let's just hope they can repair it so I can watch solo on 3D.

An update on my poorly backlight...

It was deemed so poorly the thing was written off.

After much uneccesary too-ing and fro-ing with Currys I have taken delivery on a GX820.

I'm disappointed that I now won't ever see Solo in 3D but the Dolby vision and HDR10+ support is good to have.

So with a heavy heart, so long CX802 owner thread, it's been a blast!

An update on my poorly backlight...

It was deemed so poorly the thing was written off.

After much uneccesary too-ing and fro-ing with Currys I have taken delivery on a GX820.

I'm disappointed that I now won't ever see Solo in 3D but the Dolby vision and HDR10+ support is good to have.

So with a heavy heart, so long CX802 owner thread, it's been a blast!
Please let us know how it compares to the cx802.

Does anybody know what the official ‘nits’ brightness rating this panel got after the HDR update in 2016?

I see there’s a Spears & Munsil UHD test pattern 4K disc being released this week to allow us consumers to tweak settings for optimal performance. But the test patterns start at TVs for 600 nits and up.

Thought about getting a copy as I never got mine professionally calibrated but am always tinkering with the settings!

Thanks.

Does anybody know what the official ‘nits’ brightness rating this panel got after the HDR update in 2016?

I see there’s a Spears & Munsil UHD test pattern 4K disc being released this week to allow us consumers to tweak settings for optimal performance. But the test patterns start at TVs for 600 nits and up.
s!

Thanks.

Paul on this thread measured his 50cx802b at about 530 nits after HDR update. None of the panasonic LED tvs apart from the dx902b are capable of over 600 nits even the newly released GX800.

The disc might still be worth buying as it might help improve the picture. A member Paul on this thread posted that gamma 2.3 was closest to correct for HDR gamma on this tv.

Last edited:
If you are unsure whether to buy the disc, i would try & get it at a decent price & if it helps calibirate you're CX802 HDR picture good, if not you can use the disc on you're next HDR tv purchase.

Would love to know what the current model would be to replace this ?

That's a good question, The Dx902b was the replacement in 2016 for this tv & then after that would be their OLED as the successor for the THX certification.

If you are unsure whether to buy the disc, i would try & get it at a decent price & if it helps calibirate you're CX802 HDR picture good, if not you can use the disc on you're next HDR tv purchase.
Thanks for the info. I guess there’s not going to the that much difference between 530 and 600 to the human eye so might give it a shot. No point ‘nit picking’ to get it exact!

I think these discs are going to be around £30+ as new to the market, but as with previous releases they tend to hold their value and easy to on-sell to other forum members. Or maybe a few of us chip in and then share it around. Will keep an eye on amazon and see when it crops up. No doubt the guys at AVF will be testing it out when it’s releaesd.
Cheers

Apart from the OLED is there anything worth looking at in the Panny range if I was contemplating an upgrade?

Apart from the OLED is there anything worth looking at in the Panny range if I was contemplating an upgrade?

I would say no. The Fx750 & gx800 should have been the TVs worth upgrading to.

The Fx750 is an IPS panel so has worse contrast than the cx802.

The Gx800 with Dolby vision & HDR 10 plus support & a VA panel all sounds goid until you.find it it has a 50hz panel so worse motion than the cx802.

Samsung Qled seems the better option if people are sticking to Led TVs.

Is anyone using the AVF recommended calibrated settings for HD and 4K hdr content?
There seems to be two videos with different advanced seetings for the 50 and 55" versions.
Which of these settings (if any) are you using? I have the 55" model so would assume the 55" settings?

50":

55":

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom