2015 OLED HDMI HDR support

CaptaiinCaveman

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
So I have a LG 65EG960T set which I bought about a year and a half ago for nearly $9k. Now Lg has given it support for HDR content but only for steaming services such as Netflix, etc, therefore no support for external blu-ray players. Other manufactures have said that it is not a hard job for a HDMI 2.0 port to have 2.0a capabilities with a software upgrade. My question is that why aren't LG doing this? It makes sense if they want to reserve this feature to their next gen products, but this should be done for the very high end models for the 2015 gen. If not, I, along with others, will be more than happy for an engineer to install in a new input board with HDMI 2.0a ports. I know this sounds like a rant but it is quite annoying that a flagship, which can and does support HDR (limited), isn't being upgraded.

Hey all,
So I have a LG 65EG960T set which I bought about a year and a half ago for nearly $9k. Now Lg has given it support for HDR content but only for steaming services such as Netflix, etc, therefore no support for external blu-ray players. Other manufactures have said that it is not a hard job for a HDMI 2.0 port to have 2.0a capabilities with a software upgrade. My question is that why aren't LG doing this? It makes sense if they want to reserve this feature to their next gen products, but this should be done for the very high end models for the 2015 gen. If not, I, along with others, will be more than happy for an engineer to install in a new input board with HDMI 2.0a ports. I know this sounds like a rant but it is quite annoying that a flagship, which can and does support HDR (limited), isn't being upgraded.

In the UK there were two variants of the EG960; the original model that didn't have HDR capability over HDMI, and then a later revision that did. Most owners of the original model were able to have the mainboard replaced for free by LG. If you ask in the owners thread you might be able to get some advice as to how they did it, and whether or not there are any other Aussie members who are in the same situation as you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom