2013 Grand National

sheriffwoody

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not normally a horse betting man, but normally stick a couple of quid on when the National comes around.

Anyone else having a flutter or know of any (semi decent) tips?

On His Own and Teaforthree will be my main 2 i think and maybe quel espirit as my token rank outsider just in case.

Victor Chandler are paying out on 6 places as well, so plenty of chance to make some money.

Which of the only companies have best free bet offers

Does anybody here usually throw together a sweepstake for it, I'd be interested?

Was more on getting one done with AVForums members, online, payments into arranger's PayPal, etc..

currently have

Cappa Bleu 10/1 £5 e/w
Treacle 33/1 £2.50 e/w

Both through Victor, will probably bet on roberto goldback and quel esprit aswell.

I'll be up for a few go's in a sweepstake.

Will probably go with:

Teaforthree
Balthazar King
Roberto Goldback

KAZER

i pulled out treacle in the works sweepstake - apparently got no chance lol

i like the look of colbert station, teaforthree, lost glory and quel esprit

the best way i could see of doing it is taken 40 peoples names from here and then adding them to something like
RANDOM.ORG - List Randomizer
which will then give a random order (1 through to 40) - then assign the number that each person is to the same horse number

or, make a list of 40 people on here 1 - myboxlife, 2 - redcat1 3 - kazer etc and then put all the horses into the randomizer and then that will spit them out in a random order. which ever comes out at number 1 give that to myboxlife, the 2nd horse goes to the 2nd person on the list etc

Happy with either, it's just whether we can get 40 heads, or even 20, and give each 2 horses, and collect the entry, this all in time before it's too late.

I put £30 on teaforthree end of last year for the GN at 33/1 its now 14/1

On its own 10/1 £10 win
Colbert station 12/1 £20 win
Always waining 33/1 £10 win

Good luck all..

i pulled out treacle in the works sweepstake - apparently got no chance lol

i like the look of colbert station, teaforthree, lost glory and quel esprit

Its tipped as an outside chance is treacle, im putting a fiver e/w on that and seabass

Not much interest in a sweepstake then ?

Maybe a mention in General Chat might get a few involved

Not much interest in a sweepstake then ?

Maybe a mention in General Chat might get a few involved

Think we're a bit late for a sweepstake :(.

Colbert Station, Chicago Grey, Balthazar King, and Mr Moonshine, £5 E/W on each.

Gonna pop down the road and have a few quid on On His Own, then a few quid e/w on an outsider.

O/T but just watched a recording of Sprinter Sacre from yesterday. 2 and a half miles this time.

Another awesome performance. The Frankel of the jumps world at the moment.

Wonder if he could stretch another 3/4 mile in a couple years.....

For those that haven't seen it, free £5 bet with BetButler from the Daily Mail (no payment info needed).
BetButler & Daily Mail

I used the above free £5 bet on Balthazar King, and signed up to Betfair through Quidco and put the following on:
£5 on Seabass (to win)
£10 on Cappa Bleu (e/w)
£10 on Teaforthree (e/w)

Due to a misadvertised offer with Betfair, deposited £10 then withdrawn £10 already, hopefully got another £10 quidco coming, and the above 3 bets for free. :clap:

gutted only had 3£ on auroras encore

Had fiver each way on auroras encore...£422.50 back.
I've been on a few aurora photography trips so it had to be done!

im going to bed on the horse which name i like best next year and ignore the bloody odds. ridiculous.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom