2012 multi region

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Steve Burling, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Steve Burling

Steve Burling
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I have just taken delivery of a DBP2012 which has amazing Bluray PQ and very happy with.

I noticed on the spec sheet (see below) "NTSC playback" answer was "Yes"
    as I have a collection of DVD's (not Blu rays) imprted from the states on "Region 1" I tried a few last night, but wouldn't play just came up with message saying "wrong Region"

Does anyone know if I can go into the menu and switch from Region to Region, or is there a firmware or way of making this Multi Region ???

http://www.denon.co.uk/uk/Product/P...bId=BlurayUniversalPlayer&ProductId=DBP2012UD

:clap:

2. meltonboy

meltonboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +543
    Dont know about this one in particular, but on my current denon BR and previous denon DVD players, the dealer provided me with a MR firmware file on cd.

I don't think that denon themselves can issue this, it's just "unnoficially available" through dealers.

FW upgrades for dvd R2 may run at a quicker pace than the MR ones. I bought my 2010 as MR, but have since lost this when i got the latest firware from denon last year.

MB