2011 Royle Family Xmas Special

Used to love this, but think its run its course now. Didn't like the last special and wont be bothering with this one.

I think if we were getting a new series very year it would be a bit much but I'm very happy with the one episode.

Bri

I really liked the Royle Family, but agree that last years Christmas Episode really wasn't up to scratch. However their previous special have been so so so good so I'm willing to give this one a chance. Hopefully 2009s special was just a blip.

Agree, much, much better and funnier than last years effort. One of the best programmes of today!

Nothing comes close to "The Queen of Sheba". However I think it was one of the best one since then.

I do prefer 'Anthony's' earlier girlfriend played by Sheridan Smith, although I do enjoy "Two Pints of larger and a packet of Crisps". I wonder if next year we will have a Royle Wedding.

Did the last scene remind you of an old Christmas Special where Denise was pregnant.

Very good, but then I also liked last years one so it didn't need to do much.

This was better BBC output (than Dr Who, One Ronnie), enjoyable, cringeworthy but loveable, some very fun moments :D

Yes it was very good though it was a little too long for me. I thought newbie Joanna Froggart did very well within the established cast.

Bri

top episode, joe not being able to saskia had me laughing

This show always puts a smile on my face. :)

Thought tonights special was up there with the queen of sheba, had a house full and we all found it very funny

Another excellent episode, Look forward to next years. Be great to see them have another run at a series.

I thought this was excellent. Last year's was a real let down for me, but back to form again this year :)

No I'd say if there's going to be any more it should just be for Christmas.

Bri

I agree - specials only - dont think they could go back to a series format for this now.

I watched this yesterday (recorded it), and it was pretty funny.

Defo one of the Xmas tv highlights

Started off a bit 'ho-hum', but gradually got better and better

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom