alsina

Prominent Member
Reaction score
TX-P37X10 - RRP £699 (37" HD Ready)
TX-P42X10 - RRP £799 (42" HD Ready)
TX-P50X10 - RRP £999 (50" Full HD)

OK, I'll bite.

Evidence?

Any idea how the P37X10 compares to the 37PX80?

Evidently not. I would also like to know the differences between these models as opposed to the previous? Pricing looks rather nice.

... TX-P50X10 - RRP £999 (50" Full HD) ...

A 50" Full HD set for RRP £999

Difficult to believe than one - maybe it's extremely cut down - no PC input - one HDMI - etc etc

If true then hats off to Panasonic for weathering the economic downturn and providing fantastic value !

Gussie :)

A 50" Full HD set for RRP £999

Difficult to believe than one - maybe it's extremely cut down - no PC input - one HDMI - etc etc

If true then hats off to Panasonic for weathering the economic downturn and providing fantastic value !

Gussie :)

X1 series for plasmas is not a 1080p panel. Its an entry level range with non-Neo panels and having only 720p.

"TX-P42X10 720p Resolution;
Over 900 Lines of MovingResolution,
600Hz Sub-field Drive;
VIERA Image Viewer(TM); VIERA ink(TM);
AR Filter; Game Mode;
3 HDMI inputs;
Contrast Ratio Native 30,000:1
Infinite Black Panel"

Taken from the USA announcements. They had a Game mode last year, UK didnt.

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Could we get the thread title changed to something like "2009 Panasonic X10 series plasma" instead of "NEW"? It's fine saying "New" now, but several months down the line they won't be :)

I just hope these models will have removed my only gripe with my PX70, which continued into the PX80 range: dynamic dimming. The auto brightness adjust dependant on how overall bright the image is. It cannot be turned off, unlike with Samsung models that feature a similar thing. It's only really noticeable in stuff with borders, such as 4:3 or letterboxed widescreen material. Its only a minor annoyance, but it detriments what otherwise is a great model.

ETA of the first shipments into UK shops is 2-3 weeks.

Also, just for clarification, the TX-P50X10 is definitely a 1080p panel whereas the 37" and 42" are 720p.

In 2009 Neo-PDP is reserved for the top of the range models and not the mass-market ones.

ETA of the first shipments into UK shops is 2-3 weeks.

Also, just for clarification, the TX-P50X10 is definitely a 1080p panel whereas the 37" and 42" are 720p.

In 2009 Neo-PDP is reserved for the top of the range models and not the mass-market ones.
If that is true then UK are not following what the USA are doing.
P50X1 in the USA is 720p. All the X series models announced in USA and Japan are 720p.
All the 1080p panels in USA are neo-PDP panels. (S , G, V and Z ranges). http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-televisions/905556-2009-panasonic-plasmas-announced-usa.html

Extract from Panasonic UK's online ordering system clearly stating the new TX-P50X10 as being Full HD.

Attachments

• new.JPG
    new.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,061
Think i'll wait for the new models to come out.

this looks like a winner :)

Extract from Panasonic UK's online ordering system clearly stating the new TX-P50X10 as being Full HD.
It's just so strange that they would mix 1080 and 720 under the same series, never done this before and they are not doing it in the US. Maybe someone at Panasonic entered the wrong description into the order system? Time will tell.

Are there any other 2009 models available to order, or just these three??

Cant wait, I had a 37px70 which I loved and now using a 37px80 which was a definite improvement (even if the sound and pedastal were worse), but Im afraid I probably wont get a lot of money whilst selling it on :S

i think there must be a mistake on panasonic's online ordering system, why would they start the model numbers with TX when thats what the lcd's begin with, the plasma's always begin with TH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom