• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

2005 LCD with 2009 Bluray?

nicolashodges

Standard Member
I have a Samsung LE32R73 bought in 2005 when it came out. It has been used up to now with a Pioneer DVD through component. The DVD player has always been the weak link.

Now I am going to buy a Bluray player, but have learnt about HDMI1.3 etc, and realise that the LCD is out-of-date from that point of view.

The question is, how much of Bluray's benefits will be lost on me until I buy a new panel? I am planning to buy an upmarket Bluray which I hope to be my main machine for a good few years, so there should be the possibility to upgrade the panel in a year or two.

Thanks
Nic

boxrick

Will be fine... the only benefits you will really notice with a 2008 panel will be the fact that it is much better spec .. so higher contrast and better response times.... ( Some 2008 panels have higher resolutions but with a panel of this size this is unnoticable ). None of the "features" of HDMI 1.3a have even been used yet..... Deep colour etc and certain AV syncing just don't yet exist as far as im aware?

But a blu ray on that screen will look excellent and much better than your dvd player.:smashin:

norealplan

Distinguished Member
Yup none of the features of 1.3 have really been used yet. The only thing that may cause problems is that I doubt the TV will support 24fps, so you may get some judder on panning shots with Blu-Rays.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom