2004 Toshiba recorder expected

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jl747sp, Jan 15, 2004.

1. jl747sp

jl747sp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of buying a Toshiba RDXS30 but....as usual I hear whispers about an improved version the 2004 model,the RDXS40, with larger 120Gb disc and internet possibilities (seems it's been around in Japan/USA for a year or so) anyone else got an ear to the ground?

2. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ive just looked at the Japanese site and there appears to be an XS32, XS35 and an XS41 and a 250GB X4.
    http://www3.toshiba.co.jp/dvd/j/lineup/hdd/rd-xs41.html.
    Just above the rdstyle logo there is some japanese in red. Click this for spec and photos.

You never know one of these may make our shores!

3. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    those ones have been around for some time

I emailed toshiba uk before I bought my XS-30 to ask them if they had any plans to release a newer model anytime soon

they said no

they also said they are not working on an rgb in machine for the uk market

4. jl747sp

jl747sp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks -I checked the japanese site and now it's even more confusing-as you say there are 4 new machines from 80-250 Gb
    one at least is destined for us -I think I read in a trade show review that it's the RDXS41-it'll be in April when their new models are launched,which means they'll be dumping RDXS30 at good prices to clear the shelves so I think I'll hang on.