1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2003 Memories of Murder

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by ckohone, Aug 9, 2005.

1. ckohone

ckohone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After watching JSA i was amazed at Song Kang-ho acting and once i heard about the movie Memories of Murder and that he was in it - it was the next movie i had to rent!
    Song Kang-ho manages to provide the comedic relief and stability through out the film. his facial expressions and the way he acted as Detective Park made it seem so real. Listening to the interviews that the actors had on the R1 DVD universal is releasing it was funny to see how Song had to gain weight and Sang-kyung lost weight!!

Sang-kyung Kim isnt bad looking either..but still this movie isnt about the eye-candy but the quality of the story adn the acting is grand! Has anyone else seen it?

2. Pioneer

Pioneer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, I have the LE korean R3 DVD release which is nice. Thie film is nothing short of brilliant in my opnion, I was'nt expecting it to anything like it was and was really surprised (pleasently) to discover it's gem like status.

For those who are reading wondering what we are talking about, get onto your online supplier and buy, beg borrow or steal a copy, you won't be dissapointed.

If you like Korean movies, check out Sil Mi Do, based on a true story and very good as well.

3. ckohone

ckohone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I had expected it to be pretty good from the reviews, but the last third of the film blew me away. The final scene in the film, before it goes to the future, is nothing short of masterful in the realm of acting, cinematography, and just sucking us in.

Are you able to understand the extras on the R3 release? It's published that it doesn't include subtitles. The R1 doesn't even have those extras, so I'm at a loss either way.