2003 Honda Accord Installing OEM Alpine Sat Nav Help please

bubble1974

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi All
I am in the process of fitting the factory sat nav to my 2003 2.4 Accord Type S Tourer.
Parts I have
Touchscreen Screen unit,
DVD Rom drive,
Amp,
Top Display unit
and most importantly the entire Dash Wiring loom from the doner car. (I have now chopped the wires down to what i need for the install)
Left to find Speed pulse,Reverse Signal,Parking Light Signal and the service check signal for Sat Nav (This one is a twin wire plug that comes from the nav unit and ends in a Grey Plug).

Couple of questions if anyone can help?
Does anyone know the location of the following in the 2003 2.4 Tourer.

Speed pulse wire location?
Reverse Light Signal?
Parking Light Signal?
Sat Nav service check plug?

Does anyone know how to wire the Amp into the NON amp car as I have had a play around with this and it looks to be easier to re-wire the speaker direct from the amp but if anyone knows a better way that would be great.

I have switched the unit on in the car today and all is good except for the Sound !!(Above question) and no disc message!! (Does this cause the screen to switch off?) as my screen goes off after about 15 seconds or so. (I guess this could either be no disc or the parking signal wire not being connected)?

I guess I could always buy a Can-Bus interface but cant find the can-bus wires either at the moment?

I have the workshop manuals etc but cant find the info please help if you can.

Also if anyone has a disc that they want to sell please let me know as mine didn't come with one. (The Nav is out of a 2003 car)

Thanks in advance for any help

Bit of update

I have now sorted the AMP/Speaker wires. Just the other connections to go.

Worst thing so far was getting the extra cables in the car and fitting the little Amp.(As my Tourer has the extra DVD player in the dash it doesn't leave any room for any extra bits behind the DVD Rom and DVD Player.

I will probably go down the Can bus route as it appears not many people have tried this conversion. It is a huge job but so long as you have the dash wiring loom with the correct plugs on it and the workshop manual (to get the correct wires etc) then this conversion is possible with basic car audio knowledge.

I will keep anyone who wants to know up to date on this install when I get the final bits. (Can bus interface and Sat nav Disc) :smashin:

Hi,

It's glad to find someone who is in the same situation.

I'm also installing an OEM navigation to my 99' Accord. I am still looking for what VSP means, but I guess it's Vehicle Speed Purse, right?

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experiences.

Hi there - I'm debating this install myself but am a bit confused which parts I need to order - I went into a Honda dealer and they said I would need the harness which costs £800! Managed to find a Sat Nav unit on ebay but what else do I need? Any help is appreciated! Harmeet

Bit of update

I have now sorted the AMP/Speaker wires. Just the other connections to go.

Worst thing so far was getting the extra cables in the car and fitting the little Amp.(As my Tourer has the extra DVD player in the dash it doesn't leave any room for any extra bits behind the DVD Rom and DVD Player.

I will probably go down the Can bus route as it appears not many people have tried this conversion. It is a huge job but so long as you have the dash wiring loom with the correct plugs on it and the workshop manual (to get the correct wires etc) then this conversion is possible with basic car audio knowledge.

I will keep anyone who wants to know up to date on this install when I get the final bits. (Can bus interface and Sat nav Disc) :smashin:

Hi All,Just noticed your post and it would seem I am in the same position and would benifit from any info you have to offer....Details -I currently own a 2005 CR-V Sport that has the standard 1 DIN CD player.I have managed to source a 2 DIN 2003 CR-V Satnav unit complete with GPS receiver.Problems are -My wiring harness only has one plug, the Satnav looks like it requires 2 plugs to get it to work. There are 4 in total, I assume one would be for an additional CD changer, the other I believe is for the rear view camera input?I do have the 2 plugs that the salvage yard cut off the doner car with about 6 inchs of cable so I know the colour codes.Can anyone assist with what the pinouts are and where they go?many thanks in advance,Jim.

Hi,

It's glad to find someone who is in the same situation.

I'm also installing an OEM navigation to my 99' Accord. I am still looking for what VSP means, but I guess it's Vehicle Speed Purse, right?

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experiences.

yes, you take pins from the dash so it knows where you are.

I went to Honda and they sold me a kit to install the satnav into my CR-V.The kit included a wiring harness with the correct plugs and a full instruction manual that details what wires to connect to.It took about 10 mins to convince the Honda Parts department that they do sell the kit!

Moschino - How much did you pay for the CR-V wiring harness and instruction manual? How did you get the "old" radio and blanking unit below it out of the fasia?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Moshino, I have tried absolutley everywhere to find a kit to link up my sat nav to my 2003 crv (including sevaral honda dealers) only to be met with confused looks or why don't you buy a tom tom! Please can you supply me with the honda part number etc.. that i would need for this kit,Also which honda dealer was it you purchased the kit from? Thank's in advance Mark.

Hi bvb
I seem to have the same issues as you with trying to install a alpine sat nav into my 2003 honda crv.

Did you have any joy with your install?

Did you manage to find the wiring kit from Honda like Moshino did?

Thanks in advance

Mark.

Sorry for the delay in replying.The dealer I purchased the CR-V satnav wiring harness from was Honda Milton Keynes.The parts manager that sold it to me was called David.I cannot remember the part number, but I do remember posting it on another Honda forum.Hope this helps.

Part no - 08B40-S9A-602AUK part number only, not sure what the USA number would be.Cost about £65Very good instruction guide.

Right.......

I am sorry to say that Honda have stopped selling the wiring harness!!!

I will scan mine in and post it on my Tesco webspace for people to download......

JIm.

Right....

Finally managed to produce a website with images of the installation booklet.
I am no web designer so please excuse the poor attempt.
If anyone would like to send me pics and info on how they did their install I can post them on the site to assist others.
I also have a SatNav for sale, from a 2003 CR-V complete with v2.03 map DVD.
Site address is
Home

Hope it helps!
Jim.

Right.......

I am sorry to say that Honda have stopped selling the wiring harness!!!

I will scan mine in and post it on my Tesco webspace for people to download......

JIm.

Jim - I've spent all day trying to locate the necessary parts to fit a second hand standard Alpine sat nav to my Honda CRV Sport 05, only to be told that the part number you quoted earlier is indeed discontinued (08B40-S9A-602A).

All's not lost - I've just found out that the replacement part for the attachment kit is now: 08B40S5S602A - all Honda dealers should be able to get a hold of it, still in production! Mines is on order and will be here in a couple of days. Will post on here if it does the job.

Best wishes,
David

Many thanks David for this info.
I have updated my site with the new part number.
Please let me know if it is the correct kit for the job, once your satnav is in and working.
Jim.

Update: I finally picked up the Honda Sat Nav attachment that I ordered via the dealers (part number given in my post above). The kit which includes the wiring harness is actually listed as being for a Honda Civic (hence the different part number supplied by Moschino previously) but be warned that the kit does not include the GPS receiver which I mistakingly took for granted that it did.

For anyone else who purchased just the Sat Nav unit via ebay or anywhere else you will need both the attachment kit and the GPS Antenna Assembly Kit - this is a seperate order, part no. 39835 S9A Z01. £145 incl vat. You'll probably need another 4 self tapping screws to hold the Sat Nav unit £1.35 each) - the single Din cd player is held in by 4 screws, Sat Nav unit by 8 screws.

Hope to get the unit up and running later this week following Moschino's uploaded instructions for the CRV (see post above). The wiring harness comes with instructions for the Honda Civic - slightly different to the CRV for removing panels inside the car.

Cheers,
David

I know this is all getting a bit out of date now, but I'd appreciate any comments on how the process for installing the Alpine GPS unit on a CR-V went. Do you remember the cost of the wiring harness? I've found a compatible GPS antenna on ebay for $14.99 post free (from H-K) so I'm going to try that one before I splash out on a Honda part at £145!

Hi,

Got the same issue.I have 2002 6th Gen Accord..trying to fit Honda Sat Nav.

I bought the HK GPS antenna...fits ok.

Desperate for the loom betweeen the Sat Nav display and the rear cd unit!!
It's like rocking horse droppings.no chance....

Trying scrappers, Honda....everything but the loom...

B

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom