2002 Jaguar X-Type CD Changer

SBanga

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
This is my first post in the car entertainment section so howdy.

My problem is, my dad is just about to buy a fully specced Jaguar X-Type. However, it has one glaring omission from it's hefty kit list; a cd changer. The current owner just didn't own any to justify putting one in.

So, would it be possible to use any cd changer off the shelf and use some sort of interface to ensure it is compatible with the Jaguar sat nav/sound system (I definately don't want one of them systems that run through the radio). Or am I resigned to buying a X-Type specific cd changer from Jaguar (I'm guessing a big wedge).

Sunil i will ask a few buddies tomorrow abt this or if your in Bradford over the next week or so you can bring it to my friends place and they could advise.?

audio images on white abbey rd bfd. 01274 733633

Thanks Ayub. I have researched this a little further and the big stumbling block seems to be the fact that the input for the cd changer is optical on the Jag :suicide:

Right Sunil,i work for Jag - and yes it is possible - we have had a few customers come through with aftermarket stuff in - so it is possible,only thing is is looks `cack` the opening on the x-type just dosen`t lend itself to good headunits,etc - at the sides where it `bows` out - so yeah i would guess it would be one of the overpriced Jag things :eek: tell me your dad`s going for a diesel one - please:rolleyes:

Haha, sorry to disappoint you but it isn't a diesel version. In fact it's probably the one you are dreading lol; the 2.1 V6. However, my dad's getting it dirt cheap so he can't complain.
The question I asked was not so much of changing the actual head unit because its the integrated sat nav/stereo. I'm wanting to add a cd changer to the existing system.
You don't get discounts from Jaguar do you ;)

yeah - i do - let me know what you want and i will see what i can do for you

Lol I wasn't actually serious! But, since you're being so generous, would you be so kind as to find out how much a CD changer costs to buy and retro fit to a 2002 Jaguar X-Type. The audio system it is going to connect to is the integrated satellite navigation system.
You're a star Bone Daddy :thumbsup:

Hey Sunil,got a price for you - are you sitting down - ÂŁ350 for the changer,lead and cage :eek: and that don`t include fitting - our parts guy says they have never supplied one as an aftermarket fit - seems everyone specs it at order time - and at that price - is it any wonder - if you want one let me know,but i fully understand if you don`t..lol

Bone Daddy said:
Hey Sunil,got a price for you - are you sitting down - ÂŁ350 for the changer,lead and cage :eek: and that don`t include fitting - our parts guy says they have never supplied one as an aftermarket fit - seems everyone specs it at order time - and at that price - is it any wonder - if you want one let me know,but i fully understand if you don`t..lol

Yeah, I figured it would be that much. I actually went down to Minister Jaguar today and they quoted me a figure of ÂŁ570 fitted. They told me the price was so high due to the unit and the audio system having to be programmed/reprogrammed to recognise each other. So I'm guessing they charge ÂŁ220 for fitting :suicide: I wish ebay would throw up some bargains!!!!

yeah i guess flea-bay would be the best bet - i will keep my eyes open for you -

Thanks mate. Just out of interest, is £350 the price quoted to everyone or the price quoted for an employee??

Bump

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom