2001: A Space Odyssey (Titans of Cult #5) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - WB Shop UK - Zavvi

Release date: 31/08/2020

2001_fullcontents.jpg

2001_open.jpg

This Limited Edition Set Includes:
- 2001: A Space Odyssey in 4K Ultra HD
- Blu-ray feature and bonus discs
- Limited Edition SteelBook Case
- Exclusive Enamel Pin
- Exclusive Embroidered Patch

Attachments

• 2001_box.png
    2001_box.png
    239.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 2001_enamelpin.jpg
    2001_enamelpin.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 2001_patch.jpg
    2001_patch.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 2001.jpg
    2001.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 137
  • 2001_inside.jpg
    2001_inside.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Finally another title worthy of the name! Definitely in for this to replace my Italian 4K.

Only just bought the previous 4K steelbook a week ago!

Tempted. Finally a ToC title i don't own a 4k or steel of!

I'll be interested to see what they do with this one. I have the older silver embossed release, which I prefer to the new "washing machine" design. But I would like the 4K disc.

I'll be interested to see what they do with this one. I have the older silver embossed release, which I prefer to the new "washing machine" design. But I would like the 4K disc.

They will do exactly the same as the first 2 and probably the 3rd. Half bake a design with a poor finish then surround it with some tat and a plastic slip that makes no sense except use up valuable room on your shelf.

Admittedly I only purchased the first one but that was enough to put me off any more purchases.

They will do exactly the same as the first 2 and probably the 3rd. Half bake a design with a poor finish then surround it with some tat and a plastic slip that makes no sense except use up valuable room on your shelf.

Admittedly I only purchased the first one but that was enough to put me off any more purchases.
I actually really like the BR edition. Not the tat, just the steel. But i think thats maily due to the lack of decent BR steels lol Not exactly sold on the other 3, i already own better versions imo.

Hard to tell with the shadowing, but the artwork on the Steelbook looks hand drawn? Be interested to see the full design, though I'll be buying it anyway as I didn't like the 4K Steelbook release.

I take it Titans of Cult IS Warner Bros.? I hope they do Gremlins at some point. 4K steelbook is horrible and I don't have the Zavvi Blu-ray with Stripe.

So we've went from Dave in washing machine to Dave in a bouncy castle. :facepalm:

Think I'll just track down a copy of the Zavvi Blu-ray Steelbook and put my Italian 4K disc in that. I'd love the below version as I have a few of Kubrick's other films in that style, but it seems to be silly money now.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder what we will get on the back. Black star-field or black monolith?

I'll probably just upgrade the disc in my 2015 Steelbook which is a variation of this art with an embossed title.

Last edited:
So we've went from Dave in washing machine to Dave in a bouncy castle. :facepalm:

Think I'll just track down a copy of the Zavvi Blu-ray Steelbook and put my Italian 4K disc in that. I'd love the below version as I have a few of Kubrick's other films in that style, but it seems to be silly money now.

View attachment 1325993
Ah yes the Canadian steelbook - mine had a dent but I should have held on to it nevertheless. That one above has some nasty marks at the bottom!

Ah yes the Canadian steelbook - mine had a dent but I should have held on to it nevertheless. That one above has some nasty marks at the bottom!

I have the Zavvi Full Metal Jacket and A Clockwork Orange in that style, strange they didn't release 2001 following the same theme.

I have the Zavvi Full Metal Jacket and A Clockwork Orange in that style, strange they didn't release 2001 following the same theme.
Yep still got my The Shining steelbook from that time. Sold the Barry Lyndon one.

Don't know why, but I've gone for this. Maybe to stop my Blade Runner version from being lonely with its PET slip. August is going to be one expensive month, like the past one... May calm down the purchases in July!

Edit: Cancelled my Zavvi order as Amazon have a £5 off £25+ spend promotion at the moment. Worked, pre-ordering this for £25.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom