200 mph in mclaren

steve30b

Established Member
Reaction score
i cant get the mclaren to do more than 197 mph top speed, what settings do i need to do to the car to get 200 and above mph.

I'd of thought the quickest way of doing it is when you're driving, hit up on the d-pad and put the engine into fast mode :)

As a matter of interest, what circuit are you on ? At Monza you should easily be able to get upto (and a little over) 220MPH on the start/finish straight.

ii tryed that with the d-pad. just flat out screaming its nuts off and it wont get to 200. the circuit was shangi down the back straight.

I done it on Monza in the Red Bull with the engine set to fast and low downforce.

(Assuming Dry Track) - Go to quick setup in the garage and select the setup on the far-right. As above, on the track, make sure the throttle response is set to Fast and you should get it no problem.

Sorry i had a quick read and just replied, i thought you meant for the achievement.
If you arent getting a top speed adjust 7th gear a bit in the setup menu.

To quote the German bird from Top Gear a few years back - " i could do that in a van"

Seriously you should be easily be able to top 200. have you got a dry setup with low down force applied to the car ?

G

Remember to change your gear ratio's on faster tracks. If you are bouncing off the speedo mid way down the longest straight, you know you need more top speed so notch up 7th, 6th and 5th and you will go much faster.

Also consider reducing your downforce.

A combination of both of the above will drastically reduce your lap times too. :smashin:

Monza fast tires easy :thumbsup:

I've got the achievement for going over 220mph, and I did it in the Force India using nothing more than the quick dry setup and option tyres. So it should be do-able on the Monza home straight in a McLaren.

go to time trial, mclaren all assists off and you'll hit 220mph on a flying lap start before you've passed the pits

I managed to get the 220mph achievement in a normal race at Spa :thumbsup: Had the downforce very low, and manually extended 7th gear to make it taller. Got to about 225 along Kemmel straight before I had to break :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom