• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

20% off HMV

BAKA

Gutted it doesn't work on Pre-orders :(. Still managed to find quite a lot I was interested in though. :D Got £10.50 off my order. Les Diaboliques, I Saw The Devil (£11.99 each) and some sale stuff; A Nightmare on Elm Street (£4.39), Assassination Of Jesse James (£4.79), Goonies (£4.79) and Gremlins (£3.99).

More than happy with these prices. Gremlins will be the cheapest Blu I've ever picked up :eek:.

brian s

Distinguished Member
Gutted it doesn't work on Pre-orders :(. Still managed to find quite a lot I was interested in though. :D Got £10.50 off my order. Les Diaboliques, I Saw The Devil (£11.99 each) and some sale stuff; A Nightmare on Elm Street (£4.39), Assassination Of Jesse James (£4.79), Goonies (£4.79) and Gremlins (£3.99).

More than happy with these prices. Gremlins will be the cheapest Blu I've ever picked up :eek:.

£3 at Grainger Games for me instore.

:D
Bri

Brew Dees

Anyone spot any good boxset prices? RE:A steelie looking like a good deal to me.

DarenD

Picked up Resident Evil: Afterlife and The Social Network: Digipak both HMV exclusives and added a cheap Mr. Nice, for a cracking £23.25 plus alittle cashback ontop.

20OFFHMV is running all weekend so get in fast because prices will rise.

krish

Distinguished Member
Btw this is a one use (per account) code, as I just found out when placing a second order (a couple of Curb Your Enthusiasm seasons on DVD); so registered with a different email address, and it worked.
Terms and Conditions

1. You can participate in the Promotion by buying products online at hmv.com. The Promotion is not available in store. The Promotion starts at 9 am on Friday 20 May and closes at 23.59 pm on Monday 23 May 2011.

2. The Promotion is open to UK residents aged 16+ only. Use of the hmv.com website is subject to terms and conditions of use .

3. Enter the promotion code "20OFFHMV" when prompted, during your online purchase. The 20% discount will automatically be applied to the transaction (except in the case of excluded products – see points 5 and 6 below).

4. You may only participate once in the Promotion and you can only do so in one single transaction. Please do not use the promotion code more than once during the Promotion.

5. The Promotion discount does not apply to: pre-order products, hmv gift cards and e-vouchers, iTunes gift cards, tickets, mobile phones, digital downloads, products included as part of discount "bundle" promotions, delivery charges and other discount code offers.

6. Certain specific products (including technology products like games consoles, iPads, iPods, Bose headphones, Acer netbooks and Acer tablets) are also excluded from the Promotion - these products will not attract the 20% discount at the checkout, even if you use the promotion code. A list of the excluded products is set out here

7. Use of the promotion code cannot be exchanged for cash, cannot be used retrospectively and is not transferable.

8. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any user from participating in the Promotion if such user does not comply with these terms and conditions and/or does something contrary to the spirit of these terms and conditions. In the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw, amend or cancel this Promotion.

9. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.

10. The Promoter is HMV Guernsey Limited, a company registered in Guernsey, and whose registered office is Ogiers House, St Julians Avenue, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 1WA, company registration number 43285.
also FYI ... Products Excluded From 20% Off Voucher Code Offer

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
Anything I want is more money than anywhere else so I will be passing. A shame as I was hoping for House S6 on Blu for £16 (as in the hut) minus the 20%. Although, Gremlins for £4 is tempting.

Marc

Distinguished Member
some good deals to be had here :) i had £100 worth of blu rays in my basket but cut it down to 4 which were Human Centipede, The Hole, Let Me In and Splice for less than £24, and should be 5% quidco as well.

TooDark

Distinguished Member
ordered Poltergeist and Boogie Nights last night only to open my email box this morning with a 20% off code for hmv:mad:
managed to cancel Boogie Nights but Poltergeist had already been posted(they don't mess around:D) and then reordered Boogie Nights along with Beetlejuice and Thin Red Line:thumbsup:

now looking for a cheap copies of Platoon and Machete and thats me done for a while:laugh:

glyn007

Banned
you think you wont buy any for a while and bang another offer not to be turned down,my blu ray collection is out of control.ordered braveheart,forrest gump,boogie nights worked out £5.80 each cheap as chips.but i could of ordered a load more but have to calm down.

lgans316

Distinguished Member

DarenD

Some good deals, anyone who bought from hmv in the last few days now seething! :devil:

Was in HMV Darlington yesterday picking through the 2 for 20 offer. Also used my £5 worth of HMV points Ive been saving up to get 2 films. Was walking out the store well chuffed at only spending £15. Todays offer makes the films worth £13 before cashback so you can imagine Im not to happy. Hopeully combining the online order and the instore pickup I should break even but I wish I had got Black Swan instead.

Motto is dont ever get a purehmv card as they are bloody worthless and don't buy instore cause you get your fingers burnt.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom