20" LCD Screen

C

ct_scotland

Could i get some advice on these 20" LCD tv's as id like to purchase one but only if they will support the new requirements that sky will implement soon.

LG - RE20LA70

Samsung - LW20M21CX

Packard Bell - LCD20

Any advice on which is the best and if they support sky HD.

Thanks
CT :)

I dont think any of them are even HD screens, and they dont seem to have the DVI/HDMI sockets never mind the HDCP system.

Basically they dont have the correct socket, dont have enough pixels and wont decode the copy protected signal. I think you need to seriously up your budget to get a HD TV.

I was just looking for a wee tv for the bedroom, didnt want to waste my time spending the money on it if its going to be incapable of showing sky hd, cheers for the advice.
do you recommend any lcd tv's for a thousand and under that would be worth my while in view of what the future holds.

Cheers
CT

As far as I know you will be looking at a 3 grand plasma for sky HD at the moment, but formats have not been finalised e.g 60 or 50hz, 720 or 1080 lines , so buying now and hoping it will be compatible is a risky game. Also the first HD broadcast will be very limited and knowing $ky extremely expensive, and as such will be the reserve of the videophile for a fair few years.

Also the picture will look damn good from SD sky on a small TV anyway, so there would be little need for a HD screen.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom