1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea (R2) - £5.99 at Play.com

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by Ger, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Ger

Ger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Was thinking of getting the R1 2 disc from CDWOW, but found this R2 single disc version on play.com for £5.99 (half the price). There isn't much info about on what is contained on this disk (anaorphic? extras?). Found a review on amazon.co.uk that says there are extra featurettes on the disc, but they aren't listed on the packaging. Does anyone have any more info?????

2. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +853
    If you decide against the one-disc R2 I can fully recommend the 2 disc R1, it's a stunner :smashin: They threw just about everything including the kitchen sink onto the 2nd disc (there really is a mountain of stuff on there), the transfer was nice and the audio wasn't too bad for a 5.1 remix either iirc.

I saw the R2 one at Play myself a couple of days ago and was curious as to what was on it aswell :confused:
    I couldn't find any info either

3. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Got to second what Rambo John J said...the R1 2-Disc set is excellent. I was going to pre-order the R2 but, like you, couldn't find any details of the release so I opted for the R1 and didn't regret it.

The main extra is a really comprehensive documentary (approx 90 mins) with loads of behind the scenes and unused footage - it's great to see the original Giant Squid ending - plus original artwork, concept designs, etc.

If you're in anyway a fan of the film then I'd say it's worth paying the extra few quid for the R1, I paid £9.99 for it from MovieTyme a few months ago and I think I got a real bargain!

4. Ger

Ger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Well my impatience got the better of me and I ordered the R1 :) . Read a number of reviews from both sides of the Atlantic and noone has a bad word to say about it. Looking forward to this one :smashin:

Would still be intertesting to hear from anyone who has the R2. What's on the disk?

5. RIG

RIG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What's on the R2 disc:-
    Main feature 2'01'50" DD5.1 384Kpbs, 2.35:1 anamorphic
    English, French and Spanish soundtracks

Extras:-
    Jules Verne and Walt Disney: Explorers of the imagination - 16'11"
    Monsters of the deep (1955 TV promo for the film) - 6'39"