2 XBOXs 1 account

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
I may have to buy another Xbox, one for upstairs and one to use downstairs, the question is with this new cloud system am I right in thinking I won't have to move my hard drive to the other Xbox every time I want to play a game, I just log in with my account and it will have my saved position? Or am I totally wrong?

Beximus

No, I think that's right. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but you can enable the cloud, copy or move your save games to the cloud, or save directly to the cloud, just as you would a memory stick, and then when you log into the other console, you can play straight from the cloud.

dwhite

You will need to enable cloud saving and copy any of your current saves to the cloud before it will work as you say. It doesn't automatically upload all your saves. Also you only have limited space on the cloud. I know there wasn't enough room for me to upload all my save games. I had to pick and choose.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/xbox-live/1556618-xbox-cloud-storage.html

Good explanation in above post.

Last edited:

m1ket

The way i see it os you only really need you latest save for a game in the cloud not every one so 512mb should be ok as long as you overwrite saves and not create 60 in skyrim!

LJx

They also have a new roaming profile feature which means you don't need to recover your gamertag. A gamertag can now exist on multiple consoles at the same time

Ambient Fish

Please bear with me for a possibly dumb question, I was thinking of a 2nd X-Box for the bedroom for it's media ability and occasional gaming, would I be able to game on the main unit downstairs whilst my wife watched 4 OD for example and would 1 gold membership cover both machines or would I need to set up a separate Gamertag for the upstairs machine and a 2nd gold subscription?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Beximus

One Gold membership works for one gamertag only, and I don't believe you can be logged on on two machines at the same time. Setting up a new gamertag is obviously easy, but you would need to then buy a new subscription for the second tag.

I wonder if a Family Gold membership might be a cheaper option? That would cover both tags. Not sure about that so it might be worth a look.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom